motoring|underground

motoring|underground (http://www.motoringunderground.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cornering (http://www.motoringunderground.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   ALTA "Positive Steering Control System" (http://www.motoringunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5320)

JuniorMint 11-03-2006 01:04 AM

Alta Positive steering response system?

Has anyone else seen this post on NAM, this looks cool.

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com...ad.php?t=83330

Is their any other information about these things, looking at the picture I can't figure out exactly what they are and what they do the display board says

- Increase Steering Response
- Add caster angle
- Prevents lift during acceleration

These sound like a good match for camber plates and all the other goodies i have, I have always have wanted something like this, and i will be keeping a close eye on any new information.

Is their anyone on this site from Alta?

Rally 11-03-2006 01:12 AM

HAHAHAHAHA alta stole the DFIC concept. Way to be sheep alta :rolleyes: :thumbsdow

I definitely want the steering response thing though...that looks HOT:tu:

theroyalwe 11-03-2006 01:29 AM

yeah.. I wonder how it will work and whatnot. and I wonder what the deal about the water injection is... last I remember it wasn't anything new or special.

Bombardier 11-03-2006 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rally
HAHAHAHAHA alta stole the DFIC concept. Way to be sheep alta :rolleyes: :thumbsdow

I definitely want the steering response thing though...that looks HOT:tu:

accually... Alta had been testing this idea about a year before the DFIC came out... so careful pointing fingers...plus as you can see... it's much bigger... which is a HUGE benifit... as the biggest problem with the mini is that it is hard to fit a proper sized interkewler in that little space...

Rally 11-03-2006 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tüls
accually... Alta had been testing this idea about a year before the DFIC came out... so careful pointing fingers...plus as you can see... it's much bigger... which is a HUGE benifit... as the biggest problem with the mini is that it is hard to fit a proper sized interkewler in that little space...

I know....just a little joke

cooldaddy 11-03-2006 02:24 AM

I like the fact that Alta has continued to work on their DFIC, if it's bigger and uses an existing scoop (in my case the M7 ram air) I might add this to my Christmas list :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tüls

iDiaz 11-03-2006 06:28 AM

Huh, I need to get more information on that steering response system. Looks interesting, but I'd have to see it installed to really get an idea of how it works/what it does.

That trailing arm lockout looks pretty awesome, if it works how I think it works. It looks like it's a replacement for the big rear bushing on the front lower control arms. It almost looks like it turns it into a spherical bearing, which would make for some pretty incredible improvements in steering response and suspension geometry. That stock rubber bushing causes the wheels to toe-out under braking (darty if you've already dialed in some toe-out for sharper turn-in), and toe-in under acceleration (stable, but contributes more wear if you're using stock toe settings).

sprp85 11-03-2006 10:51 AM

Glad I waited..
that black Alta IC looks lovely...

Alta all the way..

RFIbanez 11-03-2006 04:54 PM

I wonder how much Alta is charging for their DFIC? When the time comes I want one!

goaljnky 11-03-2006 05:59 PM

Yep, I want one.

Bombardier 11-04-2006 05:42 AM

yeah I am fairy excited about this stuff too... should be fun for tightening up the handling...

glnr13 11-06-2006 12:15 AM

mmmm... more black loving.... :mrt:
you know if it's black it's automatically on my wish list:P

RFIbanez 11-14-2006 09:35 PM

The positive response system is for sale now

http://www.altaminiperformance.com/p...esponse-System

$229

goaljnky 11-14-2006 09:51 PM

The description says that it will alter your caster angle. In what way? How will this improve my steering?

iDiaz 11-14-2006 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goaljnky
The description says that it will alter your caster angle. In what way? How will this improve my steering?

Yeah, I haven't really figured out how they accomplish that if it replaces the big bushing on the control arm. More positive caster (top of the strut tower leans farther back, or control arm sits further forward) will improve on-center feel, steering wheel return to center, high-speed stability, and will magnify camber settings as steering is dialed in. Since it magnifies camber as the wheel turns, less static camber is required, so you get the improved handling of more camber without the loss in straight-line acceleration and braking.