motoring|underground

motoring|underground (http://www.motoringunderground.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Rulebook (http://www.motoringunderground.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Posts per day and absences (http://www.motoringunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4625)

Xanthus 01-17-2007 07:19 PM

Posts per day and absences

So what timeperiod does the forum take into account when determining posts per day?

If it is life of the account it's rough if you have any prolonged absences, like for instance my showing up, having you all mostly a world away so limited topics even apply to me as I also do not have a MINI, but a Mini.

Now that I have come back with 10ish per day in actuality, I'm at 1.6 or thereabouts.

Off for the dragon or a big event would risk putting me below 1.

Just something to consider. May need to look on a case by case basis, as well joining when I hardly new any of you, lived nowhere around, and not having any of the same technical issues on my vehicle to ask about is surely not something that I ought to be punished for when working on keeping up with the (funny u sign) membership desires.

Dave 01-17-2007 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanthus (Post 108402)
So what timeperiod does the forum take into account when determining posts per day?

Speaking for the calculation only: the vBulletin calculation of "posts per day" in your profile is done based on the total number of posts you've made divided by the total number of days you have had an account.

MrBattle 01-17-2007 07:23 PM

well if you keep posting at this rate yo will get to a point where you wont have to worry... but if you drop below that and there is a good enough reason then yeah im sure there are exeptions

Bombardier 01-17-2007 07:36 PM

holy cow... I am at 5 posts perday??!! LOL WTF

that being said Xanthus I didn't post for almost two weeks... I didn't have internet... so it is expected that you have a life out side of the interweb.... and that you will not always be able to post... but I wouldnt' say its a concern if you just post when you can and want to... cuase you will generate the proper #....

MrBattle 01-17-2007 08:00 PM

just think of it as a percent... if you have 2 posts perday itll take around 443 days for you to get down to 1 post per day... at least i think

Konky 01-17-2007 08:19 PM

Wow, I'm set

peace out guys, I'm taking off for the year! :D

JacqtheShark 01-17-2007 08:21 PM

I'm over 2 per - but I miss allot of days and then I'll be here heaps..it all depends on my travel schedule - its all good though, no need to sweat it ~ some people post in just about everythread - I think that's not a the best approach - Sorry Sean ~ haha

hollis3 01-17-2007 09:09 PM

once caught up... post count is not hard to keep up.

MrBattle 01-17-2007 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCal_Mini (Post 108455)
I'm over 2 per - but I miss allot of days and then I'll be here heaps..it all depends on my travel schedule - its all good though, no need to sweat it ~ some people post in just about everythread - I think that's not a the best approach - Sorry Sean ~ haha

bitch! haha

Xanthus 01-18-2007 07:29 AM

It's all the downtime with me bummed over a busted Mini, the time before I met any of you, and before there was anyone here I actually knew more than from Myspace.

I have been doing my best to get the #s up, but there is only so much that is relevant.

I mean I COULD put a smile in every thread, but that is a bit post whorish huh?

LOL

hollis3 01-18-2007 07:56 AM

don't worry about the post count. because it takes time, the posts will come. :D

Bombardier 01-18-2007 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanthus (Post 108845)
It's all the downtime with me bummed over a busted Mini, the time before I met any of you, and before there was anyone here I actually knew more than from Myspace.

I have been doing my best to get the #s up, but there is only so much that is relevant.

I mean I COULD put a smile in every thread, but that is a bit post whorish huh?

LOL

heh he.... just post normal man.... everyone sees yer back and is glad.... **** happens... just hang out... grab a beer... kick yer shoes off and chill....

enjoy the M|U we see you

fj0 01-18-2007 07:58 AM

Damn spammers! :P

astra 01-18-2007 02:04 PM

It's a struggle for sure...

I may never catch up..

dont want to start sending one word posts!!!

Pir8 97 01-18-2007 02:40 PM

Yea, don't sweat the post count guys. Continue to post about your Mini project and I guarantee people will ask you enough questions to keep your post count high... and then we'll all learn something :tu: