motoring|underground

motoring|underground (http://www.motoringunderground.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trees & Twisties (http://www.motoringunderground.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Mailbu hills off limits for now (http://www.motoringunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24566)

maxmini 05-04-2013 11:21 PM

Mailbu hills off limits for now

Sorry about the over the top thread title but here is the story and you locals make up your own mind.

Was out on Mullhulland today after our morning meet in Malibu and pulled over at the over look above the rock store . There were three cruisers already there writing up several sport bikes. I watched them pulling over just about every bike that went by, two corvettes for window tint and a guy in a van with no seat belt on. After things died down a bit I had a nice chat with the officer in charge.

Some of you may have seen the video which has gone viral the last week of the sport bike driving into the back sides of two guys on bicycles on Mullhulland. Apparently that video was re broadcast on the news which got the attention of those in Sacremento. On the same page as that video the cameraman also posted dozens of other crash and burn videos all filmed in the rock store area.

Sacramento was not amused and cut loose a fat check for extra enforcement. From now until September there will be eight instead of two CHP in this area. They are being paid double time for their efforts and have to show the results ( citations ) . Today they had the " varsity " in action ,the number one, two and three ticket writers for the division and these guys were BUSY . I left there at noon and over heard one of the officers saying he was starting his second book for the day.
We had a annual 120 mile run planned for our club which was to take place next sat and he STRONGLY advised me make other plans . I talked to our club guys just a bit ago and we have cancelled the event for the time being .

Randy

A photo is worth a thousand words :)

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...psa13c0246.jpg

ElderHatesman 05-05-2013 12:05 AM

I was looking forward to the run, but canceling it is the right call. Thanks for the update.

maxmini 05-05-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElderHatesman (Post 781585)
I was looking forward to the run, but canceling it is the right call. Thanks for the update.

We will do it another time. The Condor run is still on the books as that hits a different area .

Randy

justintime 05-05-2013 12:21 AM

figured this would happen

Go_Fast 05-05-2013 01:07 AM

Safety, Service and Security. :tu:

RallyFox 05-05-2013 07:14 PM

I was worried about this... oh well as long as it's not rescheduled for any time in May i can wait

maxmini 05-05-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyFox (Post 781629)
I was worried about this... oh well as long as it's not rescheduled for any time in May i can wait

It will not be before sept unless they disband the extra patrol units .

Randy

06BLKchrgd 05-06-2013 01:48 AM

Go to the SCMM boards might be trying to put something together now up the 33 in Ojai area

Samtrak 05-06-2013 04:58 AM

thats my hood.

iDiaz 05-21-2013 09:29 PM

This is a real bummer.

maxmini 05-21-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iDiaz (Post 782779)
This is a real bummer.

They look to be serious this time around. I'm not even going to push it even with my 1199 plate . There are plenty of other places to hit though I did like that area the best. I was up on Angles Crest sat after Bimmerfest and it was wide open.

Randy

iDiaz 05-21-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxmini (Post 782780)
They look to be serious this time around. I'm not even going to push it even with my 1199 plate . There are plenty of other places to hit though I did like that area the best. I was up on Angles Crest sat after Bimmerfest and it was wide open.

Randy

Yeah. There are plenty of other roads, but Malibu is world-class.