Thread: Tink
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 05:54 PM
μ

Thanks guys. I've been doing a LOT of work lately to this car. It's finally getting a bit close to a reliable DD and fun weekend car. The Stance of the car is awesome for the most part, but there is absolutely no adjustability. The only real adjustment is toe... that's it. The suspension is not springs. It's actually rubber doughnut shaped things called cones. They are the spring in the suspension. Only problem is that when they wear out, that wheel will begin to droop.. my right front is drooping. this raises the left rear, and throws off the suspension geometry. So I'll be buying a coil conversion and ride adjustment setup. Then I'll be changing out the other suspension components (Upper and lower control arms) to get a fully adjustable suspension. I'm going with a stiffer road/track spring to allow me to do some road racing in the future.

Here's a picture of the oiginal suspension and the kit I'm getting.

Original Dunlop cones

Click the image to open in full size.

Road/rally spings

Adjustable suspension components

And then some adjustable shocks just because I can. haha

Don't be fooled. These components may look normal size, but they're in the same tiny proportions as the car itself.

One thing's for certain... this little problem needs to be taken care of before the bears get to me.

Last edited by MtyMous; 07-21-2009 at 05:59 PM..