View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 02:21 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Default <3 Buckets

As I only have one set of side mounts I just did the drivers side, out came the stock piece of shit gravity leather seat weighing in at a whopping 21.7 kg...

Off came the pre-tensioner, one bolt (TX50) and the blue plug is a cunt to get between the plastic at the side of the seat when removing the pre-tensioner wire (you'll know what I mean).

Luckily my first test fit looked like a success...

Click the image to open in full size.

Bolt, locking anti vibration washer and big fat nut....

And the seat... as you can see it looks a bit "loose" and "rippled" is because the cover spring tensioners that tighten up the covering are in the post ...

After an initial check of the driving position/seat orientation I was happy with the 2 holes down on the front and 3 on that back, perfect. I wouldn't see a huge point in buckets if they were higher than this. I like to feel "in" a seat not "on" a seat. For those fitting theirs to stock runners save yourself the effort I'm 6 foot and it's spot on and I have room to go up a notch.

Removed the seats and fitted the mounts to the car... behold the uber gay carpet ...

Another shot of the seatbelt tensioner....

Fitted 11.5kg of seat and side mount, here you can see the damage to the seat, its not that bad tbh and it goes with the track slag look. They were so so cheap though! The other seat is a bit worse though lol..

Belt through the guide, the fitment when sat in it is perfect and the lap belt holds you snug so no issues there ....

It was going oohh so well, to well I couldn't understand how me working on a car went so smoothly (easy job probably :laugh so because I was worried about the airbag I decided to restore the balance and ruin the seat backs with stickers (I am not finished yet lol).....

Sadly it didn't work, I have a feeling I didn't push the resistor in far enough and on the first turn of the key the airbag light stayed on... bollocks :sad:

So nipped out to check the belts, the tensioners work flawlessly, no issues at all.... apart from....... wow.... I will ruin my tyres!! :lol: You can hold so much more speed as the car feels much more balanced (those who went from stock seats to buckets will understand) you don't need to steady yourself in the seat you have so much more control and feel. Love it!!

Just need a new wheel now

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamGraphica View Post
Incredible! That thing is low!

The photo of the clearance on your wheels post.. lol
Lol, yea it's tight... luckily it offers no movement!