Thread: About Duell
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 07:56 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Claw View Post
yeah nam is full of uneducated forum readers lol. do you know any specific details about this engine? stronger pistons?come with big valve head? hp projections?

I currently have a n14 with a different turbo and oem head/cams. I'm pushing a little over 230 to the wheels at 20/21psi.
It is going to have a fully ported and polished head. Vince at GT Concept was informing me that the valves in the head are from another car that fit(the material I am about to say good be wrong because I forgot) and he mentioned that they were going be titanium. As far the internals yes the are going to be forged and a lot stronger and lighter. If I remember correctly he was mentioning doing something to the crankshaft too. As fars as HP predictions he is realistic about it and that the engine itself should handle 400hp but, it is all about the tuning to get it there.

I really wish I could answer more of your questions and I am trying to get him to open and speak about it to get the word out but, I was kind of drinking that night and forgot a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra2fanatic View Post
Interesting that DuelL USA is making the engine and not Japan. Everything usually comes from Japan and comes with a heavy shipping fee so I'm surprised they have the guys to get this done.
The CEO of Duell was in San Fran for the kick off party of MTTS. It is crazy but, from what I gather he is out here a lot. Plus the engine is being specifically built for 25hr of Thunderhill.
Also most of the parts are being farmed here in the US to cut down prices.