View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 03:59 AM
μ

Send a message via ICQ to KiLO Send a message via AIM to KiLO Send a message via MSN to KiLO Send a message via Yahoo to KiLO
Default Thruxxor the Thruxton.

I have been searching for several months for the perfect bike. In the past I've owned a Honda and a Triumph, and I've always regretted getting rid of the Triumph. My original plan was to get another 1970-something Honda CB and convert it to cafe racer style, but I eventually came to the conclusion that I'd rather buy something new that will be reliable as a daily rider.

When I saw the Thruxton, I fell in love with it. I went and sat on it, and it was the perfect fit for me. I've never cared for the "fetal" riding position that a sport bike usually places me in.

I finally got down to the Triumph dealer today to do a test ride, and I was hooked. It's just a freakin' sweet bike.

Anyway, more pics to come later, but here are some delivery day pics of the new Thruxton.

Click the image to open in full size.

I've already got a fender eliminator kit that will turn the bulky fender and lighting set up on the rear of the bike from this:

Into this... Much more streamlined.

Anyway... More pics to come when actually get off the bike to take some pics