View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 06:13 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to iDiaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by justintime View Post
when I wach the tarmac rally racing videos thats how I want my car to handle. not much body roll. great in the corners and at highwpeed handling.

here is what I was thinking.. what do yall think

ireland fixed camber plates
tsw engine dampner
koni yellows
(and then what?)
the alignment Ill do after everything
Hm... You seriously underestimate the power of a solid alignment. Especially considering the medium-speed stability problems, none of that will help you out more than the right alignment.

My advice is to get the camber plates and lower control arms first. These two parts, combined with the toe adjustment all cars already have, will net you the biggest gains in exit speed and stability.

Koni's might help with stability, but I think you'll experience that more at the track with that type of shock (twin-tube). If you want better stability in the canyons, I'd probably lean towards the Bilstein SP's, moreso. I have PSS9's, and I've driven canyons with some pretty broken pavement with the stock suspension and the Bilsteins, and I definitely felt much more confident and safe on the Bilsteins than on the stock twin-tubes.

Engine damper will help you feel a little more connected to the car, but I'm gonna upgrade the engine and gearbox bushings before I resort to a bolt-on engine damper. It just seems like a better idea to me, but it's up to you.