View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 10:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDiaz
Aw man, don't encourage downloading off of BitTorrent. I love BMI, and it's sad that they won't be able to produce them once a month like they were for awhile, all because people download them online. If you dig BMI, buy the DVDs!
lol,well the thing is, you have to understand where i am coming from, i have literally bought just about every BMI/HV dvd,except the american touge dvd's for the reason being,"i had a good guess what it would be like" and in all the support i have given BMI,I am not supporting american touge,and thats my opinion on if its even worth buying it , in my opinion no,sorry if i offended you by saying bit torrent,I am not saying download all BMI dvd's,its just this specific series which is a let down.Not worth the money.

Quote:
Agreed. Horse Thief Mile isn't a good representative of true American canyon roads, from what I saw first-hand and in the American Touge series. However, the course used in Japan is not a "true touge", either. It's a bicycle park (Gunsai = Gunma Cycle Sports Center) that they close down for filming. Aside from BMI's contestants, no cars ever traverse those roads.
You say what alot of other people say,but i think you overlook the main thing of what i am saying,true touge=mountain road,the gunsai touge is on a cycle sports center,and the road is located on a mountain,that is a true touge,no matter if its a circuit/course or public road.That is what is my point what i am getting across.

Quote:
With that said, the only way we'll ever see a true touge test in the United States is if someone can manage to get the permits, insurance, and safety personnel to close down a piece of genuine American touge. With the politics surrounding canyon driving in the US, it'll be a cold day in hell when that happens!
Have you ever seen a driving movie,where they use public roads/mountains for driving scenes,and film for days on end for certain restricted hours.It can be done,on different specific roads.But i am not going to get into this on here,I believe BMI could have rent a few miles on desolate roads in different national forests all over california,Fast and furious 3 did it on one of the most popular roads around.Some food for thought.
To me BMI doesnt take america seriously when it comes to "touge" as they do in japan,of course not,especially when they have contestants on a touge segment that haven never even seen a mountain road lol,thats why all the contestants were brought out,and they drove the cars relentless ,with no proper layout.It was very unorganized,its all right there in the video.Nothing to really hide.It is more like "ok guys,test the cars one after another, lets get this over with and get back to japan for some real driving" lol rather than "ok lets see what touge drivers of america really have".I mean come on,numerous cars they test drove,they didnt even check the tires before doing the run,then they drive,come back "ohh this car was running racing compound,we didnt know",its disqualified now....come on,if everyone isnt even on equal tires to begin with,does that even say about being organized.

With the various roads we have here in america(especially california),i believe we deserve a bit more than what was offered for "AMERICAN TOUGE".These are just my opinions.A "touge showdown" can be take place on an american touge,just like when driving movies (from decades to present) take place on california mountain roads.

Last edited by iDiaz; 05-31-2006 at 10:46 PM.. Reason: Fixed [quote] tags.