View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 06:50 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Thank you for all the kind comments, this I hope will give me some more inspiration to go out and get on with this project rather than just thinking about it.

Things which I will be working on over the next few months will be the bodywork and also the engine build which will include custom manifolds, lots of other little custom part which will include magnom filters on the sump line, an AX1200 Lysoholm twin screw blower, and it I can get it done and it will last I plan to make a clear rocker cover - just for some fun

Body wise there will be lots of carbon replacement, light weight parts (as I am part of orranje performance) so there will be a GP type spoiler going on, 7.5Kg bonnet, and a nifty front bumper which is currently in the making. I also have already bonded in half of my scuttle vents and my development of a R56 JCW front bumper

Putting the blower into CAD so I can make the mounts on the CAD - nice and easy
Click the image to open in full size.

Scuttle vents being moulded in

R56 JCW front bumper being matched to a R53 still as per usual lots to do

Currently got all the metal brackets, sub frame etc down at the powder coaters so this will be back in a couple of weeks and I can confirm I will be very excited to see them all shiny

Colour wise I am being boring "maybe"; it will be high gloss white, with carbon fibre roof, arches, scoop etc the carbon will be real and not stick on, it will replace all the parts including the roof skin. I will make a mould of the roof skin when done and then remove it and replace it with the carbon job ~ no more elbow marks in my roof skin. Still got to make all the moulds for all the carbon parts but once done the will mostly be available through orrange performance

Last edited by rkde; 07-27-2011 at 06:58 AM..