View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 10:37 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

So, only 1 1/2 good weather days over the holiday w/e @ my place, so everything didn't get done as I had hoped, but 99% of all of my wiring is done. (since I solder & shrink tube everything instead of crimp connectors or twist & tape, all of it is actually really time consuming.) It did take every bit of what time I had. All of the wiring under the hood is complete, and the only thing left to do in the cabin is to splice in the Throttle Position Sensor wiring & move + install 2 gauges. (fuel psi & new NOS psi gauges are going on the Chrono Pack.

Got my Double Cup gauge cups from Lukifer on Fri.

Click the image to open in full size.

Drilled & placed my 3mm leds that I'm using as indicator lights.

Siliconed them in place. (yes silicone is my duct tape, go ahead & shake your heads )

Was too ugly, so I made some covers.

Didn't like them horizontal, too high, so I opted for vertical.

The bottom hole on this side is for the future W/M gauge, but again didn't like the unfinished look, so $3.00 ea. at my local Ace Hardware store & I got some of these, 2" nylon hole plugs.

Then a little Black Satin spray paint & I'm satisfied.

Everything done but the other 2 gauges. (NOS & Fuel psi)

Indicator lights are:
Left (all Red)
NOS on
NOS Bottle Heater on
NOS Remote Bottle Opener open/close

Right (all Blue)
Rally Lights on
W/M on
(open/future)

And again, I know it's a little much for most people but WTF, I do like as much info as possible.
(Hey, at least give me credit for not stringing 3 or 4 more across the top of the dash.... )

Should have the gauges & wiring done before the w/e, which only leaves the bottle & line install.

Leave it to me to turn a simple "one day to install" universal Nitrous kit, into a full blown 2 month project.

Just hope the old one dies a fiery death.
But I'm not bitter....