motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Maintenance, Problems, and Repairs Troubleshooting your car's woes.

Go Back   motoring|underground > On the Lifts > Maintenance, Problems, and Repairs

Old 05-11-2006, 10:23 PM
μ

Default Broken Stuff Rant

<!-- begin rant -->

For those of you that haven't heard the story here's a brief intro. The night I purchased the Pearl I hit a dog coming home from the dealership. I was on hwy 64 doing about 60, because there was a lot of traffic, when suddenly from behind the car next to me I saw a white streak. I didn't even have time to gasp before contact. RIP doggy

Anyway, it cracked my front bumper cover and wrecked my fog light. One of the tabs on the fog light and two tabs on the car broke off. If any of you know anything about the fogs you'll know there are only 3 tabs holding the thing in so it was dangling inside the car. I took the bumper cover off and rigged the light back in place. That held until a couple of weeks ago, but the light didn't work. I assumed I forgot to plug it back in.

I need to get the car inspected so I decided to check on a few things. The horn is high pitched from one of them not working. Again, I assumed it came unplugged in the accident. I also had a corner marker bulb out which happened a couple months ago.

I pulled off the front bumper cover about an hour ago to get to work. I replaced the blown bulb (yippee!). Then I used JB Weld to glue the broken tabs from the fog light back together (glad I save everything).

The bad news, and purpose of this rant is neither the horn nor the fog light were unplugged. Both are broken I guess the horn was out when I bought the car because the dead one is not on the side the dog hit. That's more $$ I have to spend on broken things that I could have put toward finishing my suspension upgrades

<!-- end rant -->
Old 05-11-2006, 10:27 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

why didnt u go through insurance?

I have a 0 deductable on my golf for that reason... with all the shit i've hit on the freeway from my 150 miles day, After the first broken head light, i said f'it insurance can fix it... and with all i've hit, its saved me more than tring to fix it on my own, and my insurace doesnt go up either
Old 05-11-2006, 10:29 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to hollis3

It can be time for some upgrades also.

For the horn, I believe Chip and Nick have an air horns.
And the fogs - brake ducts.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:47 PM
μ

for the horn take it to the dealer and let them fix. Is the car still under warantee?? Anything that isnt working properly and cannot be linked to dammage should be taken to the dealer to be sorted out, why spend your $$ for stuff the dealer will fix?
Old 05-11-2006, 11:48 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollis3
It can be time for some upgrades also.

For the horn, I believe Chip and Nick have an air horns.
And the fogs - brake ducts.

i'd like to know more about the air ducts..

and nick has fogs... he gave me shit about not ordering them when i built out my mini
Old 05-12-2006, 12:21 AM
μ

Send a message via ICQ to KiLO Send a message via AIM to KiLO Send a message via MSN to KiLO Send a message via Yahoo to KiLO

I have fogs too... I like them!
Old 05-12-2006, 12:36 PM
μ

The deductible on the company policy is pretty high, so I let it go. I have a few things I want to get checked out under warranty but the closest dealership is several hours from here

I've been thinking of doing brake ducts under the splitter I have no idea what it'll cost to replace the fog light... I may have to reconsider the placement of the ducts
Old 05-12-2006, 04:28 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to werD
Default Sell the working light on eBay

an make 'em into ducts...

That'd be my tactic.

Get a little change from the good light to help finance going faster. Muhahahaha.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:38 PM
μ

Brilliant