motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Accelerating From engines to gearboxes--tuning the parts that make your car go.

Go Back   motoring|underground > On the Lifts > Accelerating

Old 04-28-2012, 12:13 AM
Leadership

Are you doing your own tuning using a base map?
Old 04-28-2012, 12:21 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamez View Post
Are you doing your own tuning using a base map?
Yeah I'm doing it all. I wouldn't really call it a basemap being that nothing is usable to a Head and cam'ed car like mine. I have changed EVERY timing cell, and just about every fuel cell, every idle step, every other setting, I think I dont have a stock factory setting in this thing...

She holds a AFr pretty well. Thats a 11.3-11.4 AFR with a couple 11.2 dips, and a 11.4-11.5 afr out the top. If my IAT's weren't so high I would run her a little leaner like 11.6 11.8 and make some more power with it. That way I could pull a little timing also because it takes less time for a flame to travel in a leaner mixture then a richer one, so it would just lead to knock with a high timing with a leaner AFR. So making more power with a leaner mixture is easy as long as you pull the right amount of timing that goes along with leaning it out.....sorry got a little to much in to it lol.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:14 AM
μ

Wow, looking/sounding good. Really it's cheap considering what people will spend on their car, but think THAT is expensive. Lol Shit people have spent that on stickers.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:44 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombardier View Post
Wow, looking/sounding good. Really it's cheap considering what people will spend on their car, but think THAT is expensive. Lol Shit people have spent that on stickers.
lol. Good point.

Thanks. Its been pretty easy for me to tune not so bad for me anyways. I have tune a lot of stand alones. I really like the PROefi system and I put the ViPEC in the same place as that with its on demand E85 timing and fueling trims using a Ethanol sensor, So if its e70 or e65 you only run the timing for that pretty awesome stuff... Just getting all the settings right for the launch control, and NLTS took some work.

It really is a great solution for anybody that wants to make dependable power in their car.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:48 AM
μ

Ooooo launch control! Fun! You'll have to take some video. Every proper build always needs that IMO. Even though we got away with apexi afc and the voltage clamps, it's just nicer to have it running sick. He'll, my car probably would stillvbe running had that stuff been around. I coulda just made the changes to get me home.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:50 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Ooooo launch control! Fun! You'll have to take some video. Every proper build always needs that IMO. Even though we got away with apexi afc and the voltage clamps, it's just nicer to have it running sick. He'll, my car probably would stillvbe running had that stuff been around. I coulda just made the changes to get me home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by llabmik2 View Post
ViPEC is looking like the only way to go. Its not cheap but its the best option.

NLTS and LC (No Lift To Shift) (Launch Control) all without hooking something up to the ECU. Just with settings that need to be changed.

Fuel maps and spark maps that never change unless a condition is met....like IAT being high.

Awesome idling even with the bigger cams and lean AFRs

Nice big maps, 2D, 3D, 4D, 5D, and even 6D maps.

More power then the stock ECU could ever think about making.

These are a couple videos of it in action. First one is a good launch with a showing of the NLTS in action also. LC is set at 4500rpm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0jW-79VWIg

Second one is a BAD launch with me coming out of it at the end do to running out of road.

http://youtu.be/fQxU7ZRV13Y?hd=1

This is what it made at 6K feet of elevation with the M45 and a 15% pulley. Dyno'ed 260hp and 210 at sea level. I could have changed the weight and made the numbers higher, but eh. 2668 lbs is fine with me even though I'm 220, and there is about another 170ish more lbs of stuff in the back of the car. So the weight is closer to 3k lbs.
Click the image to open in full size.

Then the road after it.

Those are the links to the videos I made them big, I guess I should have just made it easier to see by making the Embed video. It does kinda blend in haha. Just click the links it will take you to the videos.

Heres the links

These are a couple videos of it in action. First one is a good launch with a showing of the NLTS in action also. LC is set at 4500rpm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0jW-79VWIg

Second one is a BAD launch with me coming out of it at the end do to running out of road.

http://youtu.be/fQxU7ZRV13Y?hd=1

Oh man voltage clamps....and the APEXi Much better systems now.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:00 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

This one is a view from inside the car. I guess I could have added that one also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL-ry...feature=relmfu
Old 04-28-2012, 02:24 AM
μ

Lol were those there before? You added them. :p

Thanks for making them huge for us old guys. Lol
Old 04-28-2012, 02:30 AM
μ

Rid that limiter! Yeehaw! Lol :p

That cool stuff. Thanks for sharing. Is there tq control etc? So you can get less spinning and more grip.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:46 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Rid that limiter! Yeehaw! Lol :p

That cool stuff. Thanks for sharing. Is there tq control etc? So you can get less spinning and more grip.
Yeah the second video it banged the limiter a couple times. until I started letting up on the throttle toward the end or it would have banged it some more lol.

There isn't really a TQ but you can set at what speed it has limiters so till you get to that speed, it will keep the RPM down to help with traction.

Tags
no obd2 = no street, rmw, stand alone, tuning, vipec