motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Trees & Twisties Canyon carving, touge, tarmac rally... whatever you call it, this is the place to discuss it.

Go Back   motoring|underground > The Pits > Trees & Twisties

Old 09-30-2011, 05:25 PM
N Rated - 87 mph

Default SOCAL

Any Mini drivers in the San Diego area up for some drives??? i havent met many othe mini drivers out here that are interested in canyon/mountain driving, or any enthusiasts either for that matter.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:03 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

only if u were closer... what canyons were u thinking of??
Old 09-30-2011, 06:08 PM
N Rated - 87 mph

i dont know too many canyon road but as far as mountains go i love highland valley, old julian highway, banner grade, sunrise highway, very enjoyable and twisty. ive been through telegraph canyon on my old GSXR but havent taken the mini yet
Old 09-30-2011, 06:15 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecktech View Post
i dont know too many canyon road but as far as mountains go i love highland valley, old julian highway, banner grade, sunrise highway, very enjoyable and twisty. ive been through telegraph canyon on my old GSXR but havent taken the mini yet
i think i may heard of Julian Highway, if u love speeding so much i highly recommend taking your mini to the track, streets of willow.... your car will perform really well out of the box .. the only canyon i tend to go to out in that area is palomar canyon with my bike and that place is awsomeee .. theres alot of canyons out here as well but im sure there are more up there.. well if ur ever in the anacrime / OC or LA county area feel free to hit me up... i definitely gotta take u up to the local favorites nearby here
Old 09-30-2011, 06:20 PM
N Rated - 87 mph

sounds great ill definitely keep that in mind, i cant remember if ive ever been to palomar, i think a friend may have taken me up there when i had my ZX10R a month before i crashed it, lol...im not much with the speeding in the mini, but i do like to push him through the corners. tracking is something i have wanted to look into but i have have a blown strut(older KWs) and have a set of HotBits on order from a guy in Ontario, CA
Old 09-30-2011, 06:50 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecktech View Post
sounds great ill definitely keep that in mind, i cant remember if ive ever been to palomar, i think a friend may have taken me up there when i had my ZX10R a month before i crashed it, lol...im not much with the speeding in the mini, but i do like to push him through the corners. tracking is something i have wanted to look into but i have have a blown strut(older KWs) and have a set of HotBits on order from a guy in Ontario, CA
lol i ran streets of willow with just lowering springs and with my runflats and i did just perfectly fine even though i had a blow out with my stock runflats there, that place is only corners so u would love it alott ! lol i crashed a couple of bikes up there including my duc 1198 but out of all the canyons for bikes its probably the cleanest ones out here now i just gotta take out my s1000rr out there now =P im ordering the kw v3's soon but for now still looking for wheels, thinking of just going on volk te37's for street and for track stockies... i can guarantee you that once u go track u gonna wanna go back again and again =)
Old 09-30-2011, 07:20 PM
N Rated - 87 mph

s1000rr very nice, what color you get? gotta love the sharkishness about it, haha
Old 09-30-2011, 07:57 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

the traditional bmw color scheme =)
Click the image to open in full size.

ehh not gonna lie i think the bike looks hideous but the performance on this bike is amazinggg..
performance = bmw
sexy = ducati
Old 09-30-2011, 08:45 PM
N Rated - 87 mph

personally i like the asymmetrical design
Old 09-30-2011, 08:46 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

eww... dont like the whole two face loook on this bike its slowly starting to grow into it
Old 10-06-2011, 06:06 AM
N Rated - 87 mph

no SD mini peeps?
Old 10-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Check out this group, http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/westcoastmini/. They are a great group, and go on runs all the time. West Coast Mini