motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Style Share your automotive styles, both inside and out.

Go Back   motoring|underground > Showoffs > Style

Old 09-28-2011, 02:53 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDDtracktoy View Post
they widen the track to aid cornering, the appearance of the wheels being flush is just coincidental.
I was joking. I understand why they have so much front camber too
Old 09-28-2011, 08:58 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via MSN to Haggis Send a message via Skype™ to Haggis

double

Last edited by Haggis; 09-28-2011 at 09:06 AM.. Reason: double
Old 09-28-2011, 09:04 AM
μ

Default Form / Function Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
Why, Because Race Car

mine is a race car, thats why, and darling we dont have ovals,
Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
us Europeans

Quote:
know how to used corners in both directions i think its called a track, once le build is finished mine will neither be cute, slow or a 1.6, and performance is always paramount looks always come second

Quote:
once you stance a mini it becomes totally useless, i can still take mine to work, shops and use it day to day and it even goes over speed bumps, and the best bit, tis on real coilovers too.

Tit + Bec = '09 AB JCW // '90 964 C2 // '15 R60 CCS // Australia
Old 09-28-2011, 09:06 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtyMous View Post
My problem with this comment is that you have not only generalized an entire group of car owners, but you have generalized the members of an entire country. And both irrational comments are founded on nothing but sand.

Problem 1) Who told you that your car was a race car? And for that matter.. what IS a race car? I've recently started taking my classic to the track. So I guess it's a race car now. I even did a radio delete. Guess I can convince myself that was for weight savings. Because racecar.

Problem 2) You took the "driving in a circle" comment to a level it shouldn't have gone to. Why must you make a simple comment about circuit racing into an "Americans can only turn one direction" comment. Your ignorance alone truly astounds me as you've come onto this site full of predominantly Americans and insulted us. And You've managed to insult yourself by failing again to understand the meaning of a word. the word circle doesn't necessarily refer to the absolute shape. It could also mean driving in a circuit as in the point of origin and end point are the same.

Problem 3) You say after your build your car will be neither cute nor slow. I'm sure there will still be a Ferrari FXX owner who will look at your "race car" and call it both cute, and Slow and he will mean it in a much more demeaning way than we do. Besides. If looks were never paramount, then you would have the lightest, fastest, and ugliest car available so long as it blew the doors off the competition. Function may take precedent over form in your life, but purely by your choice of platform, the mini, you have assigned some value to form no matter what your argument may say.

And besides:

wow who stole the jam for your dougnut,

1), the fact its going hill climb, sprit and SMRC racing next year

2), who stole the jam from your dounght, its just a bit of banter i know the fastest track mini on earth is American built (RMW) and hes more into curcit work than all the uk tuners put togther, Jan is the one who provides the best track parts out imo. his settings on my old cross were utterly spot on

3), FXX's are cute

4) cat pictures, really ...........

why is it such a crime that i dont like the low and slow thing at all, why should i respect something i think is retarded if people want to drive arround sub 4k rpm the whole time then well i think there dafties, where i live the roads are meant for hooning, its all country back roads and twists turns and bumps

and one last thing, you lot are such hypercritical judges, you say that we should respect other peoples creations etc, yet you rip the lot on NAM who cover theirs in chrome and stickers and crap wheels, but by your own rules you should respect them and their 'scene', as by all rights its their own scene the same way the low and slow is.

and yes, i am an arrogant self righteous prick, but hey i dont deny it
Old 09-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
haha. yea, Mike actually uses his cars.

I use my cars too. Some people are just a little ill informed on what can be accomplished with a car that is "stanced".

I mean, have a look at the Cyber Evo. It is a "stanced" race car that is one of the fastest timeattack cars out there.

Also have a look at the RWB porsche's they are all very "stanced" and they race and daily drive them all the time.

I think maybe you are only looking at cars that are improperly "stanced"? Like Rally mentioned about having the suspension geometry corrected etc...
none of them are stanced, RWB's are my favorite cars of all time. it shows how little you actually know of RWB, most of them have pretty good ground clearance as the lips are rubber, the ride arch height is spot on, but they still have enough ground clearance to be useable, and most of them are second cars too. the chap who owns the red one has a stagega as his DD

the cyber evo isnt stanced, its 'set up' for use its within a window of operation for race use so you cant really compare it to a road, its like saying an F1 car is stanced as it has no ground clearance.

you lot have no idea about the true concept set up vs stance it seems. minis do not stance and set up, as to tuck the rears requires too much rear rake and ruins the ballance, my old track mini tucked on the front but had a but of gap on the rear, this is called set up, and its all about set up.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:23 PM
μ

Quote:
and one last thing, you lot are such hypercritical judges, you say that we should respect other peoples creations etc, yet you rip the lot on NAM who cover theirs in chrome and stickers and crap wheels, but by your own rules you should respect them and their 'scene', as by all rights its their own scene the same way the low and slow is.
we respect any car that has quality work put into it.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Too much bitching not enough MINIs,
Old 09-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicSkimmr View Post
we respect any car that has quality work put into it.
in their view it might well be quality work, its all down the personal interpretation and understanding of terms, because you say it to be quality does not make it so
Old 09-28-2011, 01:16 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to justintime Send a message via Yahoo to justintime

this thread needs more internet QQ

omgzz
Old 09-28-2011, 02:08 PM
μ

Moved to new thread. Let's stay on topic.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

IMO, RWB is the perfect ideal of making this right, they build the cars too look epic without compromising the handling or performance as most of them are tracked and raced, but also used on the street, RWB works as its all in the control of one man as such its not a style or a movement its Nakai Sans way of doing things.

even he adapts his style when performance remains paramount, such as RWB's international where the roads are a lot worse than Japan, the cars ride higher and have stronger wheels so the performance isnt affected, to say RWB is stance or function over form is wrong,
Old 09-28-2011, 02:34 PM
µ Leadership

I NEVER SAID RWB is stance over form and function........Im leaving it at that

Last edited by Chase; 09-28-2011 at 02:45 PM..
Old 09-28-2011, 02:52 PM
μ

Quote:

why is it such a crime that i dont like the low and slow thing at all, why should i respect something i think is retarded if people want to drive arround sub 4k rpm the whole time then well i think there dafties, where i live the roads are meant for hooning, its all country back roads and twists turns and bumps
That's just the thing though... Where do you get the idea that we never run our cars hard? I take my car above 4k RPM all the time and I hit the twisties just like the rest of the MINIs on this forum. But since my car isn't 100% track oriented I'm now "retarded" and "dafty"? Does that seem logical to you?

What you've done is built up a false assumption about people and then criticized them based on false information. That's a ridiculous way to treat people and a rather weak way to flex your "intelligence".

Your argument truly is flawed.

You also still haven't explained why you think track performance is the correct basis for valuation of cars over wheel fitment. Care to explain what makes it so paramount? What makes it right and makes stance "retarded"?

Last edited by Rally; 09-28-2011 at 02:59 PM..
Old 09-28-2011, 03:08 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

ive driven my chums cars that have been stanced, well tried to drive them, i found them un predicate and un drivable, on the roads here, much to twitchy and un balanced due to over raked rears,

on the minis the drive shaft vibrations on the slammed ones were awful over 4k rpm, and due to people running tiny tyres the suspension travel was also affected, my car handled much better on 205-45's over the 205-40s i started with, so i think my veiw is justified as its based on road testing a fair few setups and systemes, thus far ive owned, AP's, BC, Spax, Cross, KW, D2 and ive tested all of the KW range, misters, etc. i used to do this for a living and it was my job to sit arround and feck with my cars set up so i spent two years clocking up a lot of testing miles on diff makes and tyres

theres a good reason one road tester from evo described my car as one of the best handling hot hatches he had ever driven

i think you lot need to see our back roads, most of them are barley wide enough for a mini and even with 45mm down on the front on Cross mine would catch the subframe and lower brace
Old 09-28-2011, 03:15 PM
μ

Quote:
ive driven my chums cars that have been stanced, well tried to drive them, i found them un predicate and un drivable, on the roads here, much to twitchy and un balanced due to over raked rears,
So your chum set his car up inproperly now we're all retarded? I have front rake and my car hasn't twitched in ages.

Flawed argument.

Quote:
, and due to people running tiny tyres the suspension travel was also affected
Besides hitting subframe on the ground, care to elaborate on how a tire size would affect suspension travel?

How much suspension travel do you have? I'd venture to guess that my setup has more travel.

Quote:
thus far ive owned, AP's, BC, Spax, Cross, KW, D2 and ive tested all of the KW range, misters, etc.
Mine are custom valved and shortened Bilstein Sport struts. They handle superbly.

Our StanceWorks e36 S54 car runs our very own ZeroClearance struts. Custom valved and springed AST race struts with shortened bodies. Used on the track and street with great success.

Quote:
my car handled much better on 205-45's over the 205-40s i started with, so i think my veiw is justified as its based on road testing a fair few setups and systemes,
Right, there's no denying that the 205/45 > 205/40 when it comes to track handling. My question for you is what makes track handling better than stance aesthetics? What makes track handling "right" and makes stance "retarded"? You still haven't answered that.

Quote:
i think you lot need to see our back roads, most of them are barley wide enough for a mini and even with 45mm down on the front on Cross mine would catch the subframe and lower brace
Sorry your roads suck, bro. Mine are awesome. I have a blast driving my low car on the them daily.