motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

The Garage The place to show off your pride and joy. Show us your motoring masterpiece herein!

Go Back   motoring|underground > The Pits > The Garage

Old 09-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Last edited by PGT; 09-05-2008 at 12:45 AM.. Reason: frankly, I expected this of NAM not m|u
Old 09-04-2008, 10:50 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to Adam Send a message via Skype™ to Adam

Honesty, you said it yourself, you set the deadlines which were aggressive at best, and Jan did what had to be done to meet them and you ended up with a rushed exhaust. Seems like you've been on the war-path since then and nothing he was going to do was going to set things straight. You also stated that you have exhaust #1... that makes it the first prototype. I'm not trying to be an RMW fanboi or say that it doesn't suck for you, I'm just saying that before making hurtful statements maybe consider that it might not be completely someone else's fault.

Edit: As far as the cracked weld on the exhaust tips... does it really make that big of a difference? How many times has it been shipped across the country?
Old 09-04-2008, 11:25 PM
Leadership

I doubt that the broken weld would cost much for you to fix locally.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:02 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to Rally

If I were local I'd fix it for 20 bucks
Old 09-05-2008, 12:14 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via MSN to JustJAY

Dan, sorry to hear about the issues. I am not sure if they are yet, but Detroit Tuned I believe will become an RMW remote tuner and what not. I am not sure if they are doing anything now for Jan, but if Jan can send something to them, I can bring it back with me. I am going to Detroit for Thanksgiving to get some stuff done.

Good luck
Old 09-05-2008, 12:39 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Last edited by PGT; 09-05-2008 at 12:45 AM.. Reason: frankly, I expected this of NAM not m|u
Old 09-05-2008, 01:29 AM
N Rated - 87 mph

Default wow

wowowowow
Old 09-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

I can't see any pics?
Old 09-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI-ahollic View Post
I can't see any pics?
I think he got the call from " God " he was worried about and pulled everything down.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

nope, just didn't expect a μ member to turn this around on me as if I caused my own issues. I won't be updating this thread any more, might as well close it.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:16 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGT View Post
nope, just didn't expect a μ member to turn this around on me as if I caused my own issues. I won't be updating this thread any more, might as well close it.
So you have over 36 pages of mostly positive comments on your project and in this particular situation everyone with the exception of ONE person is in support of you and your problems with one particular vendor and you want to lock the thread and go away ? The info and photos you posted were clear and concise unlike the usual vendor bashing BS on many sites and would have served as a good eye opener for many people .With over 3,000 posts on here I would think you might be a little more thick skinned than to let one guy chase you away. Something doesn't wash
Old 09-08-2008, 11:22 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

It's the fact that it's a μ member, not just any random person. Other μ members have made a big deal about how those with just a m|u sticker on their car act - a reflection on the site (note Danny from minicorsa at AMVIV and that hullaballoo). This is a μ member (who for the record apologized to me but didn't edit his post) - site staff. I've corresponded with several other μ members about this and none has bothered to post here either regarding those comments (surprisingly...I felt like they were supportive but I guess it's not kosher to disagree publicly with another μ member)

I thought I was clear as you said - I never in a million years expected someone here to turn it around on me as if I demand too much and am the cause of the issues. I spent a ****-ton of money and was MORE than patient....the fix isn't expensive nor difficult...it's the principle that matters. Same for the μ....it's principle - I no longer feel like this is a place I want to contribute to if this is acceptable here.

Last edited by PGT; 09-08-2008 at 11:28 PM..
Old 09-08-2008, 11:23 PM
Retired

I honestly don't think there was any "chasing", it seems to me it all comes down to how PGT is reading the comments and how he decided to take the criticism. That is all it was, criticism, which I think PGT is also good at dishing out to other members, so fair is fair, and people are entitled to their opinions, IMHO

I agree, at this point, I think PGT should be a little more thick skinned, but if he wants to go out this way, well, then, that is his choice, so let it be.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:29 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGT View Post
It's the fact that it's a μ member, not just any random person. Other μ members have made a big deal about how those with just a m|u sticker on their car act - a reflection on the site (note Danny from minicorsa at AMVIV and that hullaballoo). This is a μ member (who for the record apologized to me but didn't edit his post) - site staff.

I thought I was clear as you said - I never in a million years expected someone here to turn it around on me as if I demand too much and am the cause of the issues. I spent a ****-ton of money and was MORE than patient....the fix isn't expensive nor difficult...it's the principle that matters. Same for the μ....it's principle - I no longer feel like this is a place I want to contribute to if this is acceptable here.
Your feelings were well stated and more importantly VALID . With what I read you should have been taken care of in a more expedient matter. Perhaps it was as you said , that for what ever reason you are looked upon as a " money loser " I believe was the term you used by RMW and were cast adrift. In any event this was a interesting thread and it is a shame that the info you provided will no longer be available. Good luck with the project and hopefully things will work themselves out.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Indigo View Post
I honestly don't think there was any "chasing", it seems to me it all comes down to how PGT is reading the comments and how he decided to take the criticism. That is all it was, criticism, which I think PGT is also good at dishing out to other members, so fair is fair, and people are entitled to their opinions, IMHO

I agree, at this point, I think PGT should be a little more thick skinned, but if he wants to go out this way, well, then, that is his choice, so let it be.
'warpath' is a strong word Jon wouldn't you agree? You've been privy to my issues since day one and it's not about me being 'thick skinned'...I honestly never expected to have this turned around on me as if I'm the problem. How much more insulting could one be?