motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Safety & Race Preparation Roll cages, harnesses, seats, weight reduction, etc. Anything pertaining to taking your car to the highest level of performance.

Go Back   motoring|underground > On the Lifts > Safety & Race Preparation

Old 06-25-2007, 06:14 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Default Light Bar

I am not sure where to exactly put this thread but lights are safety..right? lol

Well, I am thinking about getting a light bar for my car. I want to put it in the lower grill. I know Palo Uber sells one, but I know how bad they are and how much yall dont like them. Do any of you have suggestions as to another company that sells them and has good quality?
Old 06-25-2007, 06:35 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to hollis3

have you checked out the alta?
Old 06-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Just checked it out, thanks. They look very similiar and I am sure that Alta is a much better company.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Palo Uber deserves most of the bashing they get, but the one good product that they have is the light bar. We have it and the cost comes out to less than the Alta, you get a really good quality wiring harness with it that makes it very easy to do the electronics, and you can put whatever lights you want on it. It is a bitch to install under the bumper, but it does bolt up to existing bolts on the frame so there is no drilling to mount the bar and you don't have to worry about having the brackets knocked back into your radiatior like has happened to one person I know of with the Alta. If you have an Aero Kit, I would not reccomend it though since it just does not fit well.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

"It is better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't." Butthole surfers

Last edited by Batrugger; 06-25-2007 at 07:49 PM..
Old 10-31-2007, 04:48 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

I am back looking at putting one of these on my car. I am looking more at the Palo Uber bar, but from my understanding it does not come with lights. Am I correct on this?

I was also looking at different lights to put on the bar. I am liking these because they are not as 'in your face' as the others, yet they seem as though they will still put out the light.

http://www.hella.com/produktion/Hell...lack_Magic.jsp

Thoughts??
Old 10-31-2007, 04:59 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

If you sling those down low on your MINI i think that would be sick!
Old 10-31-2007, 05:45 PM
μ

those black magics are pretty cool, like a joey modded light haha
Old 11-01-2007, 02:24 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

I have three sets of Black Magics that I never mounted sitting in the shed. One box was never opened. PM with the best price you find and I'll beat it.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

"It is better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't." Butthole surfers
Old 11-01-2007, 02:47 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batrugger View Post
I have three sets of Black Magics that I never mounted sitting in the shed. One box was never opened. PM with the best price you find and I'll beat it.

You have the Palo Uber light bar right? Does it come with lights? Take some pics of the black magics for me
Old 11-01-2007, 06:23 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

The bar does not come with the lights and the black magics I have are new in the box, never installed. They are like what you see on the website. I can pull them out tomorrow and make sure. I got two sets and they won't fit with the Aero Bumper which is why I never installed them. Honestly though, I don't know if they would fit with the standard bumper either now that I think about it so it would be wise to see if anyone has put them on a Palo Uber bar before. I know that the lights will work with the Outmotoring brackets though.

Last edited by Batrugger; 11-01-2007 at 06:33 AM..
Old 11-01-2007, 06:51 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Default 4 Light Lightbars and Positions

There are Five 4 Light bars that I have found
The High dollar ($400 lights & BAR), Nice Palo Uber ( Low Mount, with slight Coupled spacing)
NMA1322.jpg

The Alta Light bar ( $170 bar $375 Bar w/lights) (Low Mount evenly spaced Lights)
17_medium.jpg
249_medium.jpg

Rally (Arizona) Light Bar (ebay) ($45 bar) (Lower/Mid Area evenly spaced Lights)
d19f_0.JPG
Attachment 1626
MINI COOPER (Arizona) QUAD MOUNT LIGHT BAR (ebay) ($70 - $170 bar) (Upper Area evenly spaced Lights)
9df9_1.JPG

And a couple of different individual mounts , to mount higher and lower up to four lights, and the Dual OEM "Rally Lights" I had a couple of questions for those who have the low mounted lights, Any Issues? Broken or scratched up , from being to low, bumps, rocks, trash, etc, Heat Issues, from blocking air flow or lights too hot, drawing to much/ not enough power? Thanks
Old 11-01-2007, 03:37 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batrugger View Post
The bar does not come with the lights and the black magics I have are new in the box, never installed. They are like what you see on the website. I can pull them out tomorrow and make sure. I got two sets and they won't fit with the Aero Bumper which is why I never installed them. Honestly though, I don't know if they would fit with the standard bumper either now that I think about it so it would be wise to see if anyone has put them on a Palo Uber bar before. I know that the lights will work with the Outmotoring brackets though.
Are they bigger than the Hella 500's? Taller? (Just trying to find out why they wont fit.)

The Palo Uber bar doesnt come with lights, but it come with all the mounting hardware and wiring, correct? I would just mount the bar and the hook the lights up and I am good to go, right? ( I know, I make it sound so simple )
Old 11-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

You can ignore my question about the Black Magic light, I looked it up and yeah, its a bigger light all around. That sucks
Old 11-01-2007, 04:05 PM
μ

Even though I like the lights low like that, everyone that I've talked to that have them set up like that say they are useless like that. The higher up, the better for functionality. That's why I said screw it.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

JoMo, That's were I'm at... Like the Lower Look, But not the damage and functionality issues. I am thinkng of a High Mount as in the last picture, with a quick release/connect setup, (I do not like the look), but want the functionality, For some midnight "ridge running" and "canyon carving", but still am looking for a better setup, Has anyone built or came up with setup other than pictured?