motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Trees & Twisties Canyon carving, touge, tarmac rally... whatever you call it, this is the place to discuss it.

Go Back   motoring|underground > The Pits > Trees & Twisties

Old 04-27-2006, 01:52 AM
μ

" The CHP 11-99 Foundation was founded in 1981 by Bob Weinberg as a charitable non-profit organization. This Foundation was created to provide benefits to California Highway Patrol employees and their families. This financial need generally arises due to a prolonged illness or death. "

It is a one time donation which is tax deductable for which you get a license plate frame , badge and assorted other forms of indetification. If you go to any GTG where there are a few high end cars you are sure to see a good percentage of 11-99 foundation plates. The CHP lost 6 men within the last 6 months and they appreciate the help.

www.chp1199.org

randy
m7 tuning

P.S Ed if you come to the coffee roaster this sunday you will probabley see at least 100 of them. BIG euro sunday this weekend.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:02 AM
H Rated - 130 mph

yeah the 11-99 foundation sounds pretty legit. Like usually i proclaim that i hate cops so much, but i mean a foundation for those who have died is nothing to hate about.

VCR AAAAAA gonna tell my parents tonight, ask them to come.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:24 AM
μ

Ed it is a good time for anyone that is into cars . A friend of mine is bringing down his new ford GT. We went to a little event today and he just dusted one of Steve's cameros from a rolling start. Steve has NO slow cars man that thing is fast.! You need to get here by 9 am if you want to park in the lot .

Randy
Old 04-27-2006, 05:47 AM
μ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyChimpO
Its soo hard to beat tickets in Fl. esp. in Pinellas county. I have never fought one. Here if you lose you pay a pretty expensive court fee, on top of your ticket. Guess what most of the court fee is...... Officers overtime for being there. So forget him not going, its free pay for him. At least in fl.

Now that is a really crappy deal. For the longest time here it as REALLY sweet. If you got a ticket say $ 150 for speeding you could pay $ 25, go to traffic school and the ticket AND the $ 150 fine was dismissed. they caught on to that abotu 10 years ago damn it! Oh ya you could do traffic school every 12 months as well.

Randy
m7 Tuning
Old 04-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

got to love it here once a year, and 5 in a life time. lol
Old 04-29-2006, 08:54 PM
N Rated - 87 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle cattle
Well i can't really find anything to back me up butt.. on a RWD car I do believe drifting IS faster in a harpin because it produces SOOO much oversteer and letting the tires lose half their traction is much faster than not letting them lose any traction and having to brake into the corner...howevere NONE of this should be attempted without a close course!

-Josh
sup guys, but i was just curious how would the tires have traction accelerating out of the corner? you know that old saying, slow in fast out approach... but yeah, grip when your on public roads and stay in the yellows. if you want to drift then do it on a track and away from other people
Old 04-29-2006, 11:26 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Lucky13

can't drifting just stop altogether....if you really want to ruin tires give them to me I can take care of that
Old 04-30-2006, 08:25 PM
Retired

i can't WAIT till fast n the furious comes out this summer! f*ck yea bro!

my friend says... "opening night, i'm just gonna park in front of the theatre and sell my car [pretty nice 240]. i'll be rich!" haha

Click the image to open in full size.
Oh no, my brotha... you gotta get your own.
Phaze One