motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Maintenance, Problems, and Repairs Troubleshooting your car's woes.

Go Back   motoring|underground > On the Lifts > Maintenance, Problems, and Repairs

Old 06-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Default Yellow eBrake light

When under normal driving conditions (just around town) I generally don't really clutch. I have a very good idea of where the rev points are and never really catch a gear (4th while upshifting once in a while but its never under decent load). I almost never clutch downshift unless I'm beating on it and heel/toe-ing down for a turn or a light. I downshift without the clutch to almost every light 4th-3rd-2nd neutral.
Once in a while I'll be shifting and miss the gate (generally due to braking for some idiot who can't use directionals or something). When I rev match it from neutral into gear again once in a blue moon my brake light will come on as if the ebrake is on but instead of red its yellow. Never happens if I clutch it in and once i put the clutch in and out it goes away.
Anyone have any idea what that is? Not really too concerning because of the nature of why it goes on and goes away but I'm pretty curious and can't find anything online about it.
Mods: Stubby Antenna, Alta Intake, Alta Catback, Alta Hot Side Boost Tube, Functional hood Scoop, Scangauge II, 22mm Alta Rear Sway Bar, KW Variant 1 Coilovers, CravenSpeed Adjustable Short Shifter, NM-Engineering Torque Arm Insert, S.P.E.C. Stage 2.5 Clutch and Pressure Plate

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3376604
Old 06-07-2010, 02:33 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via MSN to F.G.

why don't you clutch?

what ebrake light is yellow... my ebrake light is red which light is it on the tach or speedo, how many from the left around the circle.

what year is your car, model?

"The Goofy, slightly misunderstood Cooper"

Click the image to open in full size.

I Build Jet engines and am a certified level 1 BMW/MINI Tech, so ya I know what I'm talking about...

MOTORING ID ZOOM017
Old 06-07-2010, 03:10 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.G. View Post
why don't you clutch?

what ebrake light is yellow... my ebrake light is red which light is it on the tach or speedo, how many from the left around the circle.

what year is your car, model?
Cuz I don't have to clutch unless its under decent load and its a) Easier on my clutch and b) easier on my legs. 6th gear I need to clutch in because it's too close to 5th to time but other than that theres little need if you are paying attention. When downshifting the tranny is under zero load if properly rev matched so clutchless downshifting is 100% recommended by me.

I found out that it is the hill assist being cunfused by the speed sensor. AKA: The car sees you are doing 60 but you never clutched out of first.
Mods: Stubby Antenna, Alta Intake, Alta Catback, Alta Hot Side Boost Tube, Functional hood Scoop, Scangauge II, 22mm Alta Rear Sway Bar, KW Variant 1 Coilovers, CravenSpeed Adjustable Short Shifter, NM-Engineering Torque Arm Insert, S.P.E.C. Stage 2.5 Clutch and Pressure Plate

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3376604