motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Cornering Optimizing your suspension system.

Go Back   motoring|underground > On the Lifts > Cornering

Old 04-14-2007, 04:54 PM
μ

With all that... sub and everything, that's gonna be a LOT of weight. I'd say 75-100 pounds would be my guess. Try running around with some weight in the back and see how it feels. Maybe some of the negative effects can be canceled out by setting up the bags to compensate.
-G
Old 04-14-2007, 05:42 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorMint View Post
Im thinkin, putting the seats back in, the combo box in the trunk, and the pancake tank underneith. Also maybe a moderate sized subwoofer next to the box.

My concern is that with all this added weight to my justacooper, how will my performance suffer. I know their are pretty much two roads to go down, show or go, but I dont want to lose all my go
If you dont want to lose all your go....don't get airbags. They will still have go, but I would assume its not enough go for your personality. If you want to go a little more show and a little less go....take off the camber plates for a week and see how you feel about riding low and without camber adjustments. I could beat an MCS at autox without camber plates.....they are AMAZING mods, but you can live without them if you decide to.

And not to burst your bubble.....but there are atleast 4 MINI's with airbags that i know of. So not necessarily first....but definitely first nice looking one.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:42 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally View Post
If you dont want to lose all your go....don't get airbags. They will still have go, but I would assume its not enough go for your personality. If you want to go a little more show and a little less go....take off the camber plates for a week and see how you feel about riding low and without camber adjustments. I could beat an MCS at autox without camber plates.....they are AMAZING mods, but you can live without them if you decide to.

And not to burst your bubble.....but there are atleast 4 MINI's with airbags that i know of. So not necessarily first....but definitely first nice looking one.
my problem with taking the plates off is that those things werent cheap. and I have never seen a airbagged mini so its new to me, dont burst my bubble.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:43 PM
μ

I took in an XB the other day on trade that was featured in Mini Truckin. The guy is a full blown customs guy. We are talking about smoothing out my aero kit. Anyway, I asked him about bags and he said that he could probably get me a kit for around 1500-2000 and install them for two Ben's.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:50 PM
μ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
I took in an XB the other day on trade that was featured in Mini Truckin. The guy is a full blown customs guy. We are talking about smoothing out my aero kit. Anyway, I asked him about bags and he said that he could probably get me a kit for around 1500-2000 and install them for two Ben's.
I'm not gangsta enough...a benjamin is 100?

Tell him i want the kit
Old 04-16-2007, 05:12 AM
μ

bump....just cause i want to hear some more info on this possible kit.

And because check these out
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:11 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Just curious after looking at the Euro thread are there kits for our cars? This thread is from 07 so I was wondering if things have changed. What about prices w/install. I am assuming Rally is the man to ask?
Old 10-17-2009, 08:18 AM
μ

Things have changed a bit since 07 (especially for VW/audi)...but not for our cars really.

There are some kits in europe. They're too expensive, and they don't go low enough IMO.

There is a kit in the US and it's made by an awful company. It's renowned as c ompany that you should stay away from. I'm not sure how low it goes. I would never touch it.

Price ranges anywhere from 800->4000.

If you need to pay someone to install it, airride probably isn't for you. You really need to know your way around suspension, electronics, tooling, and airride.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Leadership

If it were that easy, there'd be a lot more people rocking them. Stay away unless you are willing to do the work.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:52 PM
μ

I got a good laugh out of reading this thread from the start.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:06 AM
Leadership

Not air, but how about this:

http://www.kw-suspension.com/en/30_P..._HLS/index.php
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u92ucshOEVw

Quote:
Running gear manufacturer KW not only lowers vehicles. The Hydraulic Lift System UNIVERSAL also pushes lowered cars up to 45 millimetres from the ground. With this system even extremely lowered vehicles can pass underground parking exits, speed bumps and railroad crossings easily.

Until now HLS was designed model-specifically for sports cars only. Now the worldwide successful running gear manufacturer offers the HLS UNIVERSAL independently from the specific model. The new system celebrates its world premiere at Tuning World Bodensee (Lake Constance) in Friedrichshafen, Southern Germany, excibition hall B2, stand 400 from April 30th to May 3rd.

HLS UNIVERSAL is installed with a coilover suspension. Its available in two variations: HLS 2 UNIVERSAL is mounted at the front axle and HLS 4 UNIVERSAL is installed at the front and the rear axle, which enables it to lift the whole vehicle.

Longevity is ensured by a rubber bellow, that guards the hydraulic cylinder unit from stone impact and dirt. The ring cylinder unit is mounted between spring cap and spring.

With the push of a button the driver can lift his vehicle while driving and prevent the front spoiler and the underbody from damage. A remote control is optionally available.

The scope of delivery contains all necessary parts including mounting equipment, fitting accessories, and detailed installation instructions. Also an inspection report by the German Technical Control Board (T?V) is attached for an inscription according to German 21 (StVZO).

Pass obstacles trouble-free
No more broken spoilers
Up to 45 millimetres more ground clearance
Essential for lowered vehicles.
http://germancarscene.com/2009/04/30...er-suspension/
Old 10-23-2009, 12:33 PM
μ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally View Post
I want airbags so bad!!
Ahh how times have changed.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via AIM to jbkoopa

lol ferreal man! coilovers don;t satisfy like air does nowadays.