motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

The Lineup Bringing you the sexiest rides team µ has to offer...

Go Back   motoring|underground > motoring|underground Presents... > The Lineup

Old 04-10-2009, 01:22 PM
H Rated - 130 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tüls View Post
the horns section. Some suck, some blow
Click the image to open in full size.
Speed of sound takes on a new meaning

04/10/2009 - Officials from the National Transportation Safety Administration and engineers from BMW/MINI-USA descended upon metropolitan Detroit this week as a local automotive enthusiast MINI was the first to unintentionally break existing land speed records.

The incident was first noticed by Metro Detroit traffic camera operations center employees. After running diagnostic tests, it was determined that the cameras which recorded the incident were functioning correctly.

Cameras on the east bound lanes of I-94 captured the vehicle approaching the speed of sound. Seen in the footage are the puffs of white air surrounding the nose of the vehicle as moisture in the air condenses in the high pressure zone formed by the vehicles speed as it nears the speed of sound.

Engineers on the scene theorized that the dual horn configuration allowed for an air-horn turbo boost effect whereas the output from the air-horn was sufficient in both magnitude and frequency to establish a resonant boost effect into the nearby turbo intake, functioning as an informal ram-jet system. When asked how this could have happened, one of the BMW engineers theorized that the driver simply beeped his horn at the wrong moment in relation to turbo RPM and boost levels. The resulting turbo and engine amplified "beep" would not only have generated tremendous vehicle power, it would also have resulted in a beep that was sufficient to shatter windows within 1000 yards.

Michigan state police and Guinness book of world records officials are attempting to locate the driver of this vehicle to no avail.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via AIM to Camaro Send a message via Yahoo to Camaro Send a message via Skype™ to Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikeprof View Post

04/10/2009 - Officials from the National Transportation Safety Administration and engineers from BMW/MINI-USA descended upon metropolitan Detroit this week as a local automotive enthusiast MINI was the first to unintentionally break existing land speed records.

The incident was first noticed by Metro Detroit traffic camera operations center employees. After running diagnostic tests, it was determined that the cameras which recorded the incident were functioning correctly.

Cameras on the east bound lanes of I-94 captured the vehicle approaching the speed of sound. Seen in the footage are the puffs of white air surrounding the nose of the vehicle as moisture in the air condenses in the high pressure zone formed by the vehicles speed as it nears the speed of sound.

Engineers on the scene theorized that the dual horn configuration allowed for an air-horn turbo boost effect whereas the output from the air-horn was sufficient in both magnitude and frequency to establish a resonant boost effect into the nearby turbo intake, functioning as an informal ram-jet system. When asked how this could have happened, one of the BMW engineers theorized that the driver simply beeped his horn at the wrong moment in relation to turbo RPM and boost levels. The resulting turbo and engine amplified "beep" would not only have generated tremendous vehicle power, it would also have resulted in a beep that was sufficient to shatter windows within 1000 yards.

Michigan state police and Guinness book of world records officials are attempting to locate the driver of this vehicle to no avail.
That should be on The Onion
Old 04-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via AIM to AllBlack05S

Quote:
so you're a lesbo?
I used to have an "everybody knows I'm a lesbian" button hanging off my messenger bag when I was a bike messenger. So yes, yes I am. I'm just really butch.
why do i have a feeling that's gonna make it into someone's sig...?

I have neither of these cars anymore. 2014 Jetta Hybrid, 2014 Countryman All4 S now.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via AIM to Kristee Send a message via Skype™ to Kristee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikeprof View Post

Welcome to M|U, Ike
Old 04-10-2009, 04:54 PM
H Rated - 130 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristee View Post
Welcome to M|U, Ike
Why Thank you young lady!
Old 04-10-2009, 08:13 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via Yahoo to Bumble78

While everyone else in this thread seems to be trying to see how much sunshine they can blow up your a$$, I for one think this build is a mistake. You are going to ruin a perfectly good car. And you as an ambassador of Detroit Tuned having such a monstrosity in the area would surely hurt The Chad's business.

Now while I disagree with every choice you have made thus far I am willing to help you out. Once you have finished the build and Hal is running like a demon, and has that non shiny paint, I will trade you cars. That's right, I will take that car off your hands and let you have my brand newish, mostly stock '06 Cooper S. That way you wont scare off the casual tuner that wanders into Detroit Tuned. I will even let you take over the payments as a penance for your crime against motoring.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:37 PM
H Rated - 130 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble78 View Post
While everyone else in this thread seems to be trying to see how much sunshine they can blow up your a$$, I for one think this build is a mistake. You are going to ruin a perfectly good car. And you as an ambassador of Detroit Tuned having such a monstrosity in the area would surely hurt The Chad's business.

Now while I disagree with every choice you have made thus far I am willing to help you out. Once you have finished the build and Hal is running like a demon, and has that non shiny paint, I will trade you cars. That's right, I will take that car off your hands and let you have my brand newish, mostly stock '06 Cooper S. That way you wont scare off the casual tuner that wanders into Detroit Tuned. I will even let you take over the payments as a penance for your crime against motoring.

This post took some balls, LOL. Or just general delusions of grandeur mixed in with a overdose of unrealistic optimism. But I did find it entertaining.... after my initial thoughts of, "what the hell?!" went away.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:23 AM
µ Leadership

Doomed to failure I tell you. hahaha
Old 04-11-2009, 01:13 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via AIM to AllBlack05S

I'm still trying to figure out how he is going to use all three of the cylinder heads on top of his tool box. Maybe Hal is the old name and Cerberus is the new one?

why do i have a feeling that's gonna make it into someone's sig...?

I have neither of these cars anymore. 2014 Jetta Hybrid, 2014 Countryman All4 S now.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:15 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
The belt. haha short.. yes.. stuck in this shape... yes!
Hey Chris, what's the number on that belt?
Were you just running it on the SC, Alt, Crank, Idler, and Tensioner?
Old 04-11-2009, 03:36 PM
μ

Send a message via MSN to Captain Claw

Quote:

somemone need to get the blank out of their blank wooooooo jealous people crack me up!:laff :

Quote:
Originally Posted by that7guy View Post
I have a strong dislike for small humans
Old 04-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
No idler. So. Crank to tensioner to sc to alt and back.

I don't know the # off the top of my head. 4060330 sounds right but I'll have to check when I get backto the shop
Thanks man, I appreciate it.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlack05S View Post
I'm still trying to figure out how he is going to use all three of the cylinder heads on top of his tool box. Maybe Hal is the old name and Cerberus is the new one?

Interesting thought but since Cerberus is the company that won't reach into their own very deep pockets to save their own privately owned Chrysler the name is now synonymous with FAIL.

Besides Dan Quayle is partner.

So much has been said by so many people who know so little about what’s going on, that it’s truly breathtaking to contemplate. Peter M. De Lorenzo

Old 04-11-2009, 04:29 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:

i was going to go for this angle as well to guilt him into trading cars. i was actually going to use the line "blow sunshine..." (no homo) as well and really lay into him (no homo) with hopes of making him feel so terrible about what he did to the cute little Mini he would have to trade. or better yet...just hand the keys over. i mean, lets be honest here, Minis are just fancy golfcarts, right? they were no way in any shape or form intended to be tuned. just mirror caps, "bonnet" stripes and a gay ass ducky on the end of your stubby (no homo). then comes this guy who thinks he knows some **** and he is like "hey, im bad ass. imma make this here Mini and MANS MINI!!!" well, we all know he is crazy and needs to be stopped. i say we all kick back, let him finish, then we get the Mini purist army together, get a stock gold cooper, auto, with 111k on it, and in the dark of night.....swap cars.

(no homo)
Old 04-11-2009, 04:53 PM
μ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPAMINE View Post
i was going to go for this angle as well to guilt him into trading cars. i was actually going to use the line "blow sunshine..." (no homo) as well and really lay into him (no homo) with hopes of making him feel so terrible about what he did to the cute little Mini he would have to trade. or better yet...just hand the keys over. i mean, lets be honest here, Minis are just fancy golfcarts, right? they were no way in any shape or form intended to be tuned. just mirror caps, "bonnet" stripes and a gay ass ducky on the end of your stubby (no homo). then comes this guy who thinks he knows some **** and he is like "hey, im bad ass. imma make this here Mini and MANS MINI!!!" well, we all know he is crazy and needs to be stopped. i say we all kick back, let him finish, then we get the Mini purist army together, get a stock gold cooper, auto, with 111k on it, and in the dark of night.....swap cars.

(no homo)
Yeah, what you said.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.

Tags
10 pound burrito, 12 inches around, 2 fast 2 furious, basement, bewbies, bologna wallet, boner, chase weiner, cheesewheel, danger to manifold, dream mini, epic win, mega win, megan fox, megan fox nude, nut swinger, paper weight mode, reality show, super epic win, supra killer, t3h s3x, the sex, tits, unpossible, viper eater