motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

The Lineup Bringing you the sexiest rides team µ has to offer...

Go Back   motoring|underground > motoring|underground Presents... > The Lineup
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2776  
Old 04-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Chase Chase is offline
µ Leadership
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bloomington, IN
Posts: 13,459
Default

I took these last Tuesday, but ive been out of town. I got sent the wrong belt tensioner, so i had to send it back today, gonna call my fabricator today about mocking up the piping etc....

hopefully order my waterpump today.



Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

I know they are bad photos, but whatevs.


this is my current worry -
Click the image to open in full size.

the oil cap comes off no problem, however i know heat will be an issue. I am going to use heat tape and possibly ceramics coating, but thats about all i can fit in there. It is very very close. Those with knowledge, should i relocate that runner number one? or will the heat coating stuff work ok? any advice?

Also, this is the waterpump i am thinking of getting

http://vr-speed.com/store/davies-cra...7-p-32359.html
__________________
“Whatever it is, the car has to look good. If your car doesn’t look good, sound good, and feel good, you’re not going to drive it like you should.” Akira Nakai
Click the image to open in full size.
Reply With Quote
  #2777  
Old 04-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Chase Chase is offline
µ Leadership
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bloomington, IN
Posts: 13,459
Default

Here is one of the intercoolers i am thinking of using, I have two options.


core width: 24
tall 7
depth 4.5

end tank pass side 3.5 wide
Inlet and outlet 2.75 with 2.25 openings

Click the image to open in full size.
I believe this is a Bell core
I was thinking this would be a good option since the cold side of the turbo and the throttle body are on the same side. Any opinions?
__________________
“Whatever it is, the car has to look good. If your car doesn’t look good, sound good, and feel good, you’re not going to drive it like you should.” Akira Nakai
Click the image to open in full size.
Reply With Quote
  #2778  
Old 04-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Bombardier's Avatar
Bombardier Bombardier is offline
μ
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,335
Default

Looking good! I am curious, that first runner looks pretty long. Are they all the same? And yeah, that runner is close to the oil filter. Might get interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #2779  
Old 04-02-2012, 08:10 PM
EveryTimeIDie027's Avatar
EveryTimeIDie027 EveryTimeIDie027 is offline
μ
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Rowland Heights, CA
Posts: 8,381
Default

very nice!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2780  
Old 04-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Chase Chase is offline
µ Leadership
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bloomington, IN
Posts: 13,459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombardier View Post
Looking good! I am curious, that first runner looks pretty long. Are they all the same? And yeah, that runner is close to the oil filter. Might get interesting.


yes they are equal length runners. Thats why i have it made, i didnt want to use the Log style i had.

Might get interesting how? sludge the oil? Melt the aluminum oil cap?

I might just have t cut that one and twist it just a hair and reweld it
__________________
“Whatever it is, the car has to look good. If your car doesn’t look good, sound good, and feel good, you’re not going to drive it like you should.” Akira Nakai
Click the image to open in full size.
Reply With Quote
  #2781  
Old 04-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Bombardier's Avatar
Bombardier Bombardier is offline
μ
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
yes they are equal length runners. Thats why i have it made, i didnt want to use the Log style i had.

Might get interesting how? sludge the oil? Melt the aluminum oil cap?

I might just have t cut that one and twist it just a hair and reweld it
Yeah, the cap and oil would be my concerns. If you look at bobs, or my manifold, you'll see how we went in with our design. Etc. The runners are opposite. I know you can't change the whole thing, but if he can take the runners away from the, then you can use the factory heat shield that covers the starter and oil filter area.

Click the image to open in full size.
Reply With Quote
  #2782  
Old 04-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Chase Chase is offline
µ Leadership
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bloomington, IN
Posts: 13,459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombardier View Post
Yeah, the cap and oil would be my concerns. If you look at bobs, or my manifold, you'll see how we went in with our design. Etc. The runners are opposite. I know you can't change the whole thing, but if he can take the runners away from the, then you can use the factory heat shield that covers the starter and oil filter area.


yeah thats what i was wanting to do.

the funny thing is, This was suppose to be a direct copy of Coles and its not haha
__________________
“Whatever it is, the car has to look good. If your car doesn’t look good, sound good, and feel good, you’re not going to drive it like you should.” Akira Nakai
Click the image to open in full size.
Reply With Quote
  #2783  
Old 04-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Bombardier's Avatar
Bombardier Bombardier is offline
μ
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,335
Default

Whoops!
Reply With Quote
  #2784  
Old 04-03-2012, 01:17 AM
imspencerwithanR53's Avatar
imspencerwithanR53 imspencerwithanR53 is offline
Y Rated - 186 mph
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rip City, OR
Posts: 2,592
Send a message via AIM to imspencerwithanR53 Send a message via Skype™ to imspencerwithanR53
Default

What are you doing for the rain tray? I would worry about melting that as well. Would relocating the oil filter be an option?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinGreene View Post
I fail about everything.
Reply With Quote
  #2785  
Old 04-03-2012, 02:46 AM
Chase Chase is offline
µ Leadership
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bloomington, IN
Posts: 13,459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imspencerwithanR53 View Post
What are you doing for the rain tray? I would worry about melting that as well. Would relocating the oil filter be an option?


Ive got Heat tape for that.

That is exactly what i was thinking. I wonder if i could relocate the oil filter
__________________
“Whatever it is, the car has to look good. If your car doesn’t look good, sound good, and feel good, you’re not going to drive it like you should.” Akira Nakai
Click the image to open in full size.
Reply With Quote
  #2786  
Old 04-03-2012, 03:52 AM
jiminni jiminni is offline
Y Rated - 186 mph
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central California
Posts: 540
Default

I know Lynn is running a different oil filter?
Reply With Quote
  #2787  
Old 04-03-2012, 04:39 AM
Slow Paul Slow Paul is offline
μ
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Upland, CA
Posts: 13,742
Default

Glad too see this coming along so well Chase. I don't know much about turbos and all the magic of manifolds, but too me, it looks like you've got some heat-treating to do.
__________________
Live Slow, Die Old
Reply With Quote
  #2788  
Old 04-03-2012, 05:35 AM
Nitrominis Nitrominis is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 1,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post





this is my current worry -
Click the image to open in full size.

the oil cap comes off no problem, however i know heat will be an issue. I am going to use heat tape and possibly ceramics coating, but thats about all i can fit in there. It is very very close. Those with knowledge, should i relocate that runner number one? or will the heat coating stuff work ok? any advice?


Look at my last few pictures on my thread!


And I see that you are atmosphere venting the valve cover? Might as well get rid of the nasty PCV and Crankcase Evac and maybe gain a little hp on the top rpm? May also help relieve the pressure on the back side of the compression rings as well?

Last edited by Nitrominis; 04-03-2012 at 05:47 AM.. Reason: cause it is just my style to edit what I write lol
Reply With Quote
  #2789  
Old 04-03-2012, 10:25 AM
CSMatt's Avatar
CSMatt CSMatt is offline
Y Rated - 186 mph
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 735
Default

Hell yer
__________________
Mini gone but not forgotten.
Reply With Quote
  #2790  
Old 04-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Chase Chase is offline
µ Leadership
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bloomington, IN
Posts: 13,459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrominis View Post
Look at my last few pictures on my thread!


And I see that you are atmosphere venting the valve cover? Might as well get rid of the nasty PCV and Crankcase Evac and maybe gain a little hp on the top rpm? May also help relieve the pressure on the back side of the compression rings as well?

I did, we will talk.
__________________
“Whatever it is, the car has to look good. If your car doesn’t look good, sound good, and feel good, you’re not going to drive it like you should.” Akira Nakai
Click the image to open in full size.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
baby maker

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


CURRENT MOON

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:46 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2005 motoring|underground, all rights reserved.