motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Trees & Twisties Canyon carving, touge, tarmac rally... whatever you call it, this is the place to discuss it.

Go Back   motoring|underground > The Pits > Trees & Twisties

Old 12-21-2005, 06:40 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via AIM to nomonstersinme

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBuddha
Come on Ivan....they all want to see this:
Click the image to open in full size.

dude that chick's got no hips.. that is creepy lookin!!
Old 12-21-2005, 06:51 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to iDiaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strom
How about Toyo RA-1s? They're DOT legal, right?
Yeah, but so are Hoosiers. I think they should assign a minimum treadwear rating rather than try to classify DOT-legal tires into regular R-compound "sport tires" or "racing slicks".
Old 12-21-2005, 06:52 PM
μ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomonstersinme
dude that chick's got no hips.. that is creepy lookin!!
Yeah, she's gotten waaay too skinny, too.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:09 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Ah well, nice work Ivan, good analysis, looked like a great experience. Awesome shots there Nardo, and Ivan too. :coolugh:

Agreed, that girl needs to skip the sushi and rice for a while and hit a steakhouse or two. :icon_hung

Thanks for the real-time updates too, Hollis.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:43 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

I got to the track at 6 in the morning before the gates were even open( I was the 3rd person there) so I got to see all the cars come in. I'd say a good 9 out of 10 cars were brought in on trailers. Also Spike was the only car in the ff class that wasn't completely gutted. Now that I think about it, it was one of the 3 or 4 cars that still had back seats(out of 40 cars ). Yeah I totally agree with Ivan that these weren't really touge cars..............just wait til the dvd comes out, you'll see what I mean.........these were full blown race cars. Even though the contest wasn't really set up the way I would have liked it I still had such an good day and I got to see so many amazing cars so I'm not complaining.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:45 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Lucky13

yeah the no hips thing...i bet keichi would look identical to her naked...except for the whole male anatomy thing
Old 12-21-2005, 07:52 PM
μ

Yeah, I had a good time. I got kind'a nervous when I saw them dippin' tires and drifting over crests, though.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:01 PM
Retired

ben: it was nice to meet you in person

the fact that some cars came in on trailers kinda irks me. as far as gutting and such.. i see that on actual street driven cars too (see "winston" ). but my general feel for the majority of the cars is that these were track cars and not touge cars.

while i really wish Spike made it further, i think yesterday was still a good day. spectators were pretty happy (didn't have to pay the normal track entrance fee) and car owners learned a lot.

if BMI does go for a my car challenge, i'd be more excited than this time to see how Ivan/ Spike pull there

my one real big problem about yesterday... is that i forgot to take a pic by the DUB cars... bling bling baby!

Oh no, my brotha... you gotta get your own.
Phaze One
Old 12-21-2005, 08:05 PM
Retired

pics from the finals

http://www.bestmotoringvideo.com/for...read.php?t=159

Phaze One
Old 12-21-2005, 08:20 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Thanks, it was nice to meet you to Nardo. I really hope they go thru with the 'my car challage' thing........I'd love to see how Ivan and Spike together would compare to Keiichi.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:23 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

which brings me to post up what you guys missed after you left.

prior to evry oneleaving, the announced winners were the Vishnu EVO, (4WD) bmw m3(na), top setup civic (fwd) and a silver nsx. with the pepsi rx8, and xs engineering gtr winning special awards.

though strangely enough, after a vote was taken (to determine weather semi slicks like those on the skyline were to be allowed) the skyline GTR, and pepsi rx8 were given the awards instead, and slotted to run in the finals. the awards were stripped from the M3 and vishnu evo8. and the GTR was allowed to run against the comptech nsx even though it was on semi slicks.

I think the owners of vishnu put it best. "how is it that the winners of american touge are between cars you can't even get in america"

politics aside though. it was one of the most amazing battles I have ever seen. I hope te video can do it justice. the comptech nsx racing at full speed drifting through corners at the speeds the locals grip though, closely followed by keiichi less than 3ft away grip driving in the XS engineering Skyline. after repeated runs as it was too close to call, the xs gtr piloted by keiichi was declared the winner. the video will be released in april in japan, followed by the US release a month later.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:28 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

pics to follow
Old 12-21-2005, 08:33 PM
μ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lester
which brings me to post up what you guys missed after you left.

prior to evry oneleaving, the announced winners were the Vishnu EVO, (4WD) bmw m3(na), top setup civic (fwd) and a silver nsx. with the pepsi rx8, and xs engineering gtr winning special awards.

though strangely enough, after a vote was taken (to determine weather semi slicks like those on the skyline were to be allowed) the skyline GTR, and pepsi rx8 were given the awards instead, and slotted to run in the finals. the awards were stripped from the M3 and vishnu evo8. and the GTR was allowed to run against the comptech nsx even though it was on semi slicks.

I think the owners of vishnu put it best. "how is it that the winners of american touge are between cars you can't even get in america"

politics aside though. it was one of the most amazing battles I have ever seen. I hope te video can do it justice. the comptech nsx racing at full speed drifting through corners at the speeds the locals grip though, closely followed by keiichi less than 3ft away grip driving in the XS engineering Skyline. after repeated runs as it was too close to call, the xs gtr piloted by keiichi was declared the winner. the video will be released in april in japan, followed by the US release a month later.
You can too get a Skyline in the US. The company is called MOTOREX, and they legally import Skylines that can be registered in the US. MOTOREX must be giggling with glee that a Skyline won!
Old 12-21-2005, 09:49 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to RFIbanez

You can get a Skyline...but you can't go down to any Nissan dealer and get one. Well not yet anyways.

I was thinking it would be more street cars at this event. It was almost all gutted out track cars. Even in the BMI dvd's the touge cars are more street tuned. Look at Keiichi's AE86, thats more of a street car.

They should film the next one in a real canyon next time....I know Spike will hold up better on a real touge road.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:37 PM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFIbanez
They should film the next one in a real canyon next time....
"oh man, the boss is gonna be pissed if they crack the body kit"

werd on the street is motorex is waay overpriced. i also hear that they regularly take the unsold cars out to drive (must explain why i see so many different skylines around Carson)... but i bet they won't tell the customer that. :p

my friend got a 240 with sr20 swap from AutoConexion. it's mad tight yo. according to him THOSE are the people you wanna talk to when looking to buy imported cars "cuz they're the homies".

Phaze One