motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

OTLounge Anything and everything NOT having to do with cars... for better or for worse!

Go Back   motoring|underground > The Overlook > OTLounge

Old 11-13-2012, 11:20 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to justintime Send a message via Yahoo to justintime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally View Post
Let's be realistic here. People are divided even as far down as cities or even households. We're all different in so many ways. Religion, wealth, upbringing, race, gender, age, education, etc. We will always have different views on things and how things should be run. It's silly to expect that you'd ever reach a point where everyone was happy with a government or decision. It's physically impossible to make everybody happy.

If a state seceedes, it's not going to help with the divide. Every state has its liberals and every state has its conservatives. Neither side is going anywhere.
Agreed, but it wont be as major of a line and I think it would make people atleast alittle less aggrivated.

omgzz
Old 11-14-2012, 12:45 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Give the idiots Arizona, Utah, Colorado and New Mexico, let all the defectors move there, they can put up a nice big fence to Mexico and saves the US the Trouble, then they can have All the church, homophobia, divorces and ignorant clueless kids they want over at their white power rallies while not being helped by Obama and the "liberals".
Old 11-14-2012, 01:18 AM
μ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGLI View Post
Give the idiots...

well that's a good way to foster an intelligent conversation.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:15 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to glnr13

wanting to secede and not comply with the decisions made by the majority vote by the US democracy is an insult to the american process and government that we all take pride in. if one can't stick out 4 more years than why be bother seceding?

immigrants taking over the country! pay attention, this country was built by immigrants.
my religion is being suppressed! uh, that's the whole reason why the pilgrims left england.
i hate this president! well, there's always gonna be a loser and it's either the reps or the dems.

sore losers. the left isn't jumping up and down and screaming in the right's faces say nya nya. get over it, buck up and let's work our asses off. make the best of the situation. obama is NOT the source of making all things better or worse.

where are the logical politicians? why isn't anyone stepping forward to work on this partnership?! how can this be only the democrats faults? fuckin assholes all over the place.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:16 PM
μ

I dunno, but the democrats were up in arms when Bush got elected for a second term too. I don't remember people pushing for secession or anything, but they were pretty upset.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:26 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardingsan View Post
well that's a good way to foster an intelligent conversation.
Quote:
Main Entry: idiot
Pronunciation: \ˈi-dē-ət\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French ydiote, from Latin idiota ignorant person, from Greek idiōtēs one in a private station, layman, ignorant person, from idios one's own, private; akin to Latin suus one's own more at suicide
Date: 14th century
1usually offensive : a person affected with extreme mental retardation
2 : a foolish or stupid person
Sorry, but per the definition of the term, anyone SERIOUSLY. Interested is havin their state secede from the body of the US because "Obama's a Terrorist/Muslim/non-American/aetheist/Buddhist/black/etc" is behaving in a manner in which I personally can assess as foolish or stupid.

I am an EX-Obama voter. I fell for his message of hope, change of the status quo of Washington partisanship and deceit. I fell for his claims of removing us from entering wars and exploding debt due to out unnecessarily interventionalist policies. I fell for his focus on jobs and rebuilding the economy.

I also think the GOP has no message other than a proposition of fiscal responsibility that is little short of a blatant falsehood. As per Bush Jr (not blaming him but rather the true powers of Washington, beurocracy and corrupted/I'll informed advisors) the republicans were equally irresponsible with our economy. They have also been becoming ever more focused on designing legislation on wedge issues with conservative Christian foundation despite our most paramount foundation of the constitution (separation of church and state). Again any group who's agenda, following and /or strength is founded on religious and social intolerance, is foolish and thus "idiotic".

And don't get me wrong, also not anti religion. I think devout atheists are absolutely as destructive, intolerant and ignorant as any intensive Christian/Muslim/etc. prejudice and unfamiliarity are parts of our neurology, but people who actively try to implement their standards in others are unamerican and the root cause of the descention and partisanship in our government. But that's the way government wants it cuz money is easy to move when everyone leaves the bank vault open to argue about gays and abortion in the parking lot

And I'm on my iPhone So apologies for any grammatical issues
Old 11-14-2012, 02:02 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Here is a good move.....NOT! Pelosi again? This will help us all get together If Obama really wants to bridge the gap, this is no way to show it?

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2...id=msnhp&pos=2
Old 11-14-2012, 02:49 PM
μ

Amen!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glnr13 View Post
wanting to secede and not comply with the decisions made by the majority vote by the US democracy is an insult to the american process and government that we all take pride in. if one can't stick out 4 more years than why be bother seceding?

immigrants taking over the country! pay attention, this country was built by immigrants.
my religion is being suppressed! uh, that's the whole reason why the pilgrims left england.
i hate this president! well, there's always gonna be a loser and it's either the reps or the dems.

sore losers. the left isn't jumping up and down and screaming in the right's faces say nya nya. get over it, buck up and let's work our asses off. make the best of the situation. obama is NOT the source of making all things better or worse.

where are the logical politicians? why isn't anyone stepping forward to work on this partnership?! how can this be only the democrats faults? fuckin assholes all over the place.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:56 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

'How the Civil War began.'
Old 11-14-2012, 04:41 PM
μ

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicSkimmr View Post
I dunno, but the democrats were up in arms when Bush got elected for a second term too. I don't remember people pushing for secession or anything, but they were pretty upset.
they were upset. but why were they upset? huge potential voter fraud, not once but twice.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:45 PM
μ

can't decide where this should go
Old 11-14-2012, 04:55 PM
μ

I think the real issue here is extremism, regardless which side you're on. Personally, my views, opinions, and beliefs are probably more conservative than most everyone here. Was I happy with the way the election went? Definitely not. Am I prepared to give up my citizenship in protest? Definitely not. Somehow, our culture has redefined the word "disagreement." It used to mean that we simply have differing opinions and that was that. Now, if I disagree with you, it all of the sudden means that I hate you, and you hate me, and there is no limit to the lengths we can go to in order to make each other's lives hell. It's just ridiculous.

I personally believe that this has mostly come about by parents giving their kids whatever they want without ever saying no, zero discipline, and no sense of personal responsibility being instilled in people. Everyone feels they are "entitled" to say/act/do whatever they want without consequence. We don't keep score in teeball games so nobody has to deal with hurt feelings or disappointment. Everyone who tries out for the team makes it so they don't feel a sense of rejection. We're creating a world full of emotional pussies that can't handle anything not going their way. It's sad, and I feel we've only seen the beginning.

I am thankful for the minority of people in my life that can have completely opposing views to mine and it not effect our friendship.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.

Last edited by CIGARGUY; 11-14-2012 at 05:06 PM..
Old 11-14-2012, 04:57 PM
μ

i totally agree with you adam. even the part about parents giv
but seriously
Old 11-14-2012, 04:58 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to RFIbanez

Quote:
Originally Posted by glnr13 View Post
That's the problem, there aren't many logical ones.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:03 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFIbanez View Post
That's the problem, there aren't many logical ones.
The larger problem is that a logical one wouldn't do well amongst the general populous. To get through to the somewhat dense and uneducated population of the US, you have to be extreme in your beliefs to clearly define what side you are on so that they can rally behind an obvious "team".

If a logical candidate came in, it would intrigue the people that pay attention and understand political science, but it wouldn't grab the attention of the average americans.