motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Accelerating From engines to gearboxes--tuning the parts that make your car go.

Go Back   motoring|underground > On the Lifts > Accelerating

Old 09-24-2007, 08:47 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Default POWER..Power..power !! COST..Cost...cost !!

SOOOoooooo... you have a MCS , the real one.. SUPERCHARGED!! Not that French turbo thingy..... !! And the sites are full of all this HP BS!! Yes??

You read.. OMG gotta have a HUGE I/C ( 850.00) gotta have a stainless Exhaust (800.00 ) gotta have the HUGE injectors ( $ ??? who knows) and the TUNE ( 500.00-650.00) PLUS the ECU.. ( 800.00 ) and headers.. Sheie-iat.. this is becoming expensive for power... yes?? AND of course the HEAD!!! ( 1150- 2700.00 ) and all this stuff will give you a tire ripping clutch smoking 250-275 HP!! OH Yeah?? really!!

I am a cheap guy.. power for the dollar!! Oh hell yes I sell ass kick'n ported heads, and we are seeing 25-40 WHP.. but.. but... is all the stuff and prices worth it?? Depends if you have money, like to BRAG, or track race... dontcha think??
ME?? I just wanna show you my ass as we finish the race!! No brag.. just end results!! And I hope most guys are like that.. Bells and whistles are just that...Bells and Whistles!!

OK... running 100 to 120 in the straights, down shift, pull the turn under power.. shift, back on the 120-130 mark!! Sure.... as she says.."In your dreams"!! How many cars are there?? 20?? 30?? what about the thousands on the street.. dailey comutes to work ( now that is a word....work) .....

This is where we are at.. CAI ( ****.. cause it souns great!!) 1-ball exhaust ( cause it was cheap!!) and a 15% pulley!! ( sorry but THIS is a gotta have) and then the "Safe measures.. " a great water /meth system!! ( 11 whp and saftey too).

WOW.. I am at the usual 181 WHP in 95+ Fl. heat... so what?? we are all at those numbers!! Gotta bump up the dollar.. gotta get a "Head" for the add'l 200 whp mark.... or a "TUNE" ( yeah sure.. they are at 191 or 197 already... all that bucks for a tune and 209- 210 whp!! ???) This is the future... ready??

At 250 WHP the clutch will decide it has enough, soon the trans will bitch and stop performing.. then the CV joint.. motor mounts... blah blah blah.. BUT OMG your pushing 285 whp!! Sure.. we are impressed, we get to see this car every other month cause it is broke!! Yes??

SOOOooooooo...... forget the sooth sayers!! The key is and has been for the past 30 years.. Nitrous Oxide!! Yeah...yeah.. the guys that blew up were on Crack... too much N.O.S. of didnt believe the numbers.. 200 Freaking HP ..IS 200 freaking HP!! Boom!!

But...... adding a fine spray infront of the i/c can SAFELY give 40 to 55 WHP!! Yikes!! from 180 to 225 on a squirt!! Or maybe a 250 WHP on the squirt!! and know what?? This stuff is as safe as doing it in your moms house!! Sure it costs bottles!! but you only use it when that bad ass all money comes along side.. or those 4X4 ricers... there is nothing better... their mouth hits the steering wheel as you just ZOOM-ZOOM past them!!

This isnt a "pipe dream" guys.. chek it out!! save a ton of money.. and if you hide the system...... ah, STEALTH!! LOL

Just me.............................................

Thumper

THUMPER HEAD Nitrous Fed Methanol Injected Screaming Supercharger all BRG 06 MCS!! The fun begins at 4K in 6th
Old 09-24-2007, 08:57 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to glnr13

i wanna see a pic of the meth sprayer
Old 09-24-2007, 09:15 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Cool... it is a "Snow Performance " vari boost and on/off system. cost 550.00 to my door!! they have a web. I dont have the pump looking pretty... just functional..yes!! You can use a water/washer reservoir.. I elect to have a tank in the back... it ROCKS!!!!! The lines were routed along the side just under the carpet.. thru the fire wall. hope the pix work!! Let me know and I can email better...... duh, I port heads.. not work computers!! LOL

Thumper
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eng bay injector meth 1.jpg (93.0 KB, 204 views)
File Type: jpg eng bay variable adj meth 1x.jpg (86.2 KB, 194 views)
File Type: jpg Meth pump temp mnt 1.jpg (79.3 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg eng bay meth 1.jpg (81.3 KB, 193 views)

THUMPER HEAD Nitrous Fed Methanol Injected Screaming Supercharger all BRG 06 MCS!! The fun begins at 4K in 6th
Old 09-24-2007, 09:23 PM
μ

images attached i linked into this post...
that looks great! nice and stealth.
where'd you put the switch to activate the pump/spray?

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 09-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

WOW.. your Magic!! Thanks

The "Snow system" has a vac operated switch.. set it for start "ON" at say 6 psi... then full on at 10 PSI. The pressure will start low and slow, to not wash or put out the flame.. than as the boost increases.. the spray pressure increases to the max set at the 150 psi Pump, in my case I have the pump set at 100 psi max!! There are Jets to tune with, pump pressure to tune with and Methinol mixture to tune with.. cool, huh?? We pulled 11 whp in 95+ Fl. heat and NO I/C fan!! Talk about SAFE!!! It IS the future... well OK the boosted cars have been running W/M of over 20 years... catch up MINI's.. Catch up!! Yes!!

Then worry about HP!!

Just me.........................................

Thumper
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eng bay variable adj meth 1x.jpg (86.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg dyno 0907 (3).jpg (85.2 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by Thumper460; 09-24-2007 at 10:41 PM..
Old 09-24-2007, 11:11 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to justintime Send a message via Yahoo to justintime

nice, one more thing not available for the MC :p

omgzz
Old 09-24-2007, 11:12 PM
μ

very cool setup indeed! i love the idea that it's vacuum controlled. almost out of sight out of mind. this is certainly on my list of must haves. good stuff man
Old 09-24-2007, 11:20 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Wait till you see what I do with a little NOS = 230 WHP and with the W/M.. SAFE no matter how you butcher it...

Just me.........................

Thumper

Justintime..yes!! the gains wont be as big as on a S/C heat building engine.. but the gain will be there.. esp if you are on the 91 oct crap!! cool?? I dont think it would be worth the 550.00 for the HP gain an a MC?? just a thought!!

Tpr

Old 09-25-2007, 12:20 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to justintime Send a message via Yahoo to justintime

where would you inject it on the MC? intake mani?

omgzz
Old 09-25-2007, 07:27 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Default W/M system

Why did you choose Snow products vs others? coolingmist or ......? Thanks. I'm looking into a system right now!
Old 09-25-2007, 10:43 AM
H Rated - 130 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by justintime View Post
where would you inject it on the MC? intake mani?
Check page 11 out.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res7sbv5/H...on%20SRT-4.pdf
Old 09-25-2007, 10:47 AM
H Rated - 130 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmturbo View Post
Why did you choose Snow products vs others? coolingmist or ......? Thanks. I'm looking into a system right now!
Not answering the question...but check out what the Evo folks think:
http://forums.evolutionm.net/forumdisplay.php?f=173

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=173367
Old 09-25-2007, 02:30 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

The W/M spray has actually been used since WWII. Just about all of the late model top performing fighter planes used a system of W/M injection for additional power.

Nice looking system !
Old 09-25-2007, 04:35 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

I <3 thumper's posts. They always brought a smile to my face when I would see them on NAM, glad to see you here.

Good advice btw, power for cheap is always fun.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:49 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Why SNOW's system?? Easy!! Seeing how there are a LOT of 500 WHP+ on the Mustangs.. Or even the 5.4s' and 4.6 S/C Fords.. I went with what I know... all the fancy names.. or custom systems.. or this is JUST for this car.. stuff... it all comes down to an adjustable system.. for 550.00!! I might sell them in the future, after I get a few more dyno runs, and make sure it is pretty much 'idiot' proof!! But it isnt going to be 800.00 for the system...lol

Good point about the w/m and WWII... the Nazi's used NOS on their FW fighters and we used S/C and W/M !! SOOooooo... all this stuff has been around longer than I have been alive!! LOL Just keep it simple ( KISS) and dont get lost in the high dollar "just for MINI" syndrome... cool??

Just me..............................

Thumper