motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Braking Clamping the binders.

Go Back   motoring|underground > On the Lifts > Braking

Old 03-26-2009, 01:43 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via MSN to JustJAY
Default IE Rear BBK

Hey all, anyone use these yet? MINInurse got a Wilwood Front BBK and I want to do something for the rear. I want to get slotted rear rotors to match the front and have the rear calipers powder coated to match the front, then a birdie told me about this....

Ireland Engineering Rear Big Break Kit

Apparently the link won't let you go directly to the product. Click on "brakes" then you will see the rear BBK 4th one down.

TIA
Old 03-26-2009, 02:06 AM
μ

Brain is
Old 03-26-2009, 02:20 AM
μ

yup yup! Work great for me, I have their front brake setup also. Well worth the money for what you get. Very functional but if you are looking for the bling factor you may want something else/ I like the big factory look though.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain View Post
yup yup! Work great for me, I have their front brake setup also. Well worth the money for what you get. Very functional but if you are looking for the bling factor you may want something else/ I like the big factory look though.
You have the wilwood front BBK from IE ? Or did you mean the IE BBK front upgrade kit upgrade?

The IE BBK front I still have Jeff's (IE) proto type that I am still working with and have not solved all the mounting and clearance issues.

Here is my IE rear slightly modified. It does not say but the calipers in the rear kit are not included. You use your existing OEM units. You may not notice any difference because of brake bias. These rear kits are great looking (bling) but not a braking improvement unless you go with a radial pad such as a ferodo DS2500 or higher. I did it for the bling myself! You can not beat that look through your wheels!
One more thing...You may be in for a surprise about wanting to powdercoat the OEM rear calipers. They are not rebuildable (NON serviceable unit). So you can not effectively take them apart for powdercoating.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Nitrominis; 03-26-2009 at 03:15 AM.. Reason: added picture
Old 03-26-2009, 04:31 AM
μ

I have all the ie stuff, but I would honestly say that the front and rear brakes are definitely am improvement when you press the car hard not only the front but the back are much improved as far as brake fade and extended hard braking goes. I have had this kit on my car for about 2 years and have used up a set of front rotors, got a replacement set and I am completely happy with the form and function of the entire set.

What I am curious about is have they made a bracket for putting this setup on the r56? I would like to have the lartger r56 front calipers on the large rotors
Old 03-26-2009, 07:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain View Post
I have all the ie stuff, but I would honestly say that the front and rear brakes are definitely am improvement when you press the car hard not only the front but the back are much improved as far as brake fade and extended hard braking goes. I have had this kit on my car for about 2 years and have used up a set of front rotors, got a replacement set and I am completely happy with the form and function of the entire set.

What I am curious about is have they made a bracket for putting this setup on the r56? I would like to have the larger r56 front calipers on the large rotors
No bracket as of yet for the R56. But perhaps this summer?

This is the only existing full IE Front BBK It utilizes a modified mustang GT caliper. I am working on using a 4 piston Cobra caliper which I feel will be a better fit and have improved braking performance over the standard 2 piston GT unit.

Also I did not mention there may be a BBK kit that will include a larger Nissan Z Caliper. And the possibility may be a retro fit brake master cylinder to correct the brake bias running a larger rear brake system?

After a little work of grinding and fudging with braketry and dissembling for powdercoating.

Last edited by Nitrominis; 03-26-2009 at 07:50 AM..
Old 08-15-2009, 03:02 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

^dude your calipers are amazing.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
^dude your calipers are amazing.
Thank you! They were a lot of work let me tell you so it is nice that they get noticed!
Old 08-15-2009, 04:12 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via AIM to cartar452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrominis View Post
They are not rebuildable (NON serviceable unit). So you can not effectively take them apart for powdercoating.
So how'd you do it? I'm doing my fronts soon like this and want to do the rears too.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartar452 View Post
So how'd you do it? I'm doing my fronts soon like this and want to do the rears too.
I had to make a tool to assemble the caliper together after dis-assembly. On my thread somewhere I explained it a little better.