Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

The Arcade From Pong to Gran Turismo!

Go Back   motoring|underground > The Overlook > The Arcade

Old 03-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Default Microsoft XBOX360

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplygriff View Post
Now see that's whack. Sony should do some kind of trade-In program for the controllers. It won't happen but they should.
-G
Believe me i'd rather deal with controllers than an actual console...Microsoft thinks their gonna get away with putting a new Xbox 360 (HDMI, larger HDD...yes it's official...spoke to my rep) in front of 11 million "old" 360 owners...this year is gonna be very interesting...
Old 03-02-2007, 07:27 PM
μ

When? and when's the price drop?
-G
Old 03-02-2007, 07:36 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
When? and when's the price drop?
-G
From what i know, they're dropping the Core. So now the current Premium will be considered the Core (including the price) and the new version will be the Premium at the premium price...i hope Microsoft puts a ****en good scaler or else i'll dig in the PS3...and speaking of the PS3...no price drops for awhile. But what i heard is that the PS3 will now upscale DVD's with the next software update...but then again...
Old 03-02-2007, 07:39 PM
μ

Click the image to open in full size.

Hmmm... Know around when this is gonna happen? We talking Summer or Winter?
-G
Old 03-02-2007, 07:44 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

I don't know, even if i ask that question...i'll be getting mixed answers...i guess end of '07
Old 03-02-2007, 07:53 PM
μ

Yeah, I figured you'd say that... Wonder if I'll be able to find a current core on clearance and be able to add the goodies for cheaper.
-G
Old 03-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

You don't have one?? I always thought you did, apart from having the Wii...
Old 03-02-2007, 08:05 PM
μ

Nope. Holding out to see how the chips fall between that and the PS3. And right now leaning more towards the 360.
-G
Old 03-02-2007, 08:15 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Thats good thats good...at least you have the patience. I on the other hand didn't care, i just wanted one of them, one to go home to play with, have some friends playin' too and thats it...something ready...and at the time, the Xbox was and it delivered...
Old 03-02-2007, 08:29 PM
μ

Well at least the Wii's getting some more M rated titles. I won't buy that one but at least they're expanding. I just hope the Wii starts getting some more original content and less ports.

Do you have the Gold Live or Silver? Is there a lot of lag during multiplayer games? Do you see a lot of broken consoles come in where you work?
-G
Old 03-02-2007, 11:26 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Well at least the Wii's getting some more M rated titles. I won't buy that one but at least they're expanding. I just hope the Wii starts getting some more original content and less ports.

Do you have the Gold Live or Silver? Is there a lot of lag during multiplayer games? Do you see a lot of broken consoles come in where you work?
-G
For the Wii, M rated games are needed.

Yeah I have the Gold. I never had a problem with XBOX live, best part is that i'm using that overpriced MS wireless adapter to hook up to the net. Never had lag with multiplayer games.

As for the 360's themselves...i get one back at least once a week...but most of them are the old revisions...in any case, no matter what you get, whether it's the 360 or PS3, just get the warranty with it. Whats funny is that, since November, we've had only 2 PS3 come back and one of them was because he claimed it was broken after dropping it (nothing was wrong with it).

When i sell these consoles, i try to make my customers understand how important it is to have a warranty. It may be new but regardless if you'll take care of it like your own child, you won't know what'll come up and then try fixing it...
Old 03-03-2007, 02:41 PM
μ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisxiii View Post
For the Wii, M rated games are needed.

Yeah I have the Gold. I never had a problem with XBOX live, best part is that i'm using that overpriced MS wireless adapter to hook up to the net. Never had lag with multiplayer games.

As for the 360's themselves...i get one back at least once a week...but most of them are the old revisions...in any case, no matter what you get, whether it's the 360 or PS3, just get the warranty with it. Whats funny is that, since November, we've had only 2 PS3 come back and one of them was because he claimed it was broken after dropping it (nothing was wrong with it).

When i sell these consoles, i try to make my customers understand how important it is to have a warranty. It may be new but regardless if you'll take care of it like your own child, you won't know what'll come up and then try fixing it...
Either one I get, I'll be getting the warranty. Heard too many horror stories. At this point I'm gonna wait for the price drop or newer premium.

How far away is your 360 and wireless adapter from your router? Would that play a big factor? Like if I have a decent amount of range at the end of the house where the TV is but not full strength,still good though. The Wii works fine so far).
-G
Old 03-03-2007, 04:19 PM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to jC

I have the 360 wireless adapter and it is the biggest POS in the world. That thing has crapped out on me so many times and now is completely broken (by crapped out I mean completely will not connect/work at all, not dropped games or whatever). All of my buddies who play a lot of online mulitplayer swear by the wireless adapter for the original xbox and avoid the 360 one like the plague.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:06 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to MrBattle

u know i prefer the 360 right now because of software and more friends have it. and they integrated voice sooo well into their games.

Old 03-12-2007, 01:50 PM
μ

So in say Gears of War, how is the multi-player? is there split screen? or do I have to play online? Can I have say a couple people at my house playing and we take on people online? How about other games?

And what' the deal with Halo? Is it really all first person? What are all the screen shots as though it's 3rd person?
-G