motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Trees & Twisties Canyon carving, touge, tarmac rally... whatever you call it, this is the place to discuss it.

Go Back   motoring|underground > The Pits > Trees & Twisties

Old 06-02-2006, 06:46 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to RFIbanez

Wow thats terrible! Car jacked on the touge...I'm going to start paying more attention to the people I see up there, haven't been up in forever.

Looks like the shurikens I have in my Mini might actually come in handy...really..no pirate joke haha
Old 06-02-2006, 07:03 PM
μ

So do you think I need to change my user name.....it seems that it always makes me a BIG (chili) red flag on this and other forums.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:35 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to iDiaz

So, does anybody have a description of the car they used to get up there in the first place?
Old 06-02-2006, 07:37 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Lucky13

if someone tried to steal my car...
they would die...i dont care what kind of gun haha they would only get my car over my dead body, and why would they want it anyway haha it's all gutted and crappy! they would think someone already stole it!
But yeah I will keep my eyes peeled for that plate...I am writing the number on my hand as we speak...
Old 06-02-2006, 07:38 PM
μ

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDiaz
So, does anybody have a description of the car they used to get up there in the first place?
That's a good question.....
Old 06-02-2006, 08:19 PM
μ

Just posted this in the Mulholland Raceway guestbook:

http://mulhollandraceway.org/guestbook/index.php
Old 06-02-2006, 08:31 PM
μ

BTW, you guys may wanna go to the press, if you already haven't.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:35 PM
μ

I posted on teh rest of the SoCal MINI boards! -----also emailed admin to have my user name changed!
Old 06-02-2006, 08:37 PM
μ

I've been chasing this thread across several forums and sometimes people make me really wonder. Everyone is shocked and pretty much enraged as you would expect. That I can figure but if you can beleive this others are asking about GMR how it sounds like a fun road and how to get there. The really crazy shit is that people are replying with mapquest links and driving instructions ???? GMR was never high on my driving list as I have other play areas closer to home but it is off it completely for the time being. Between the police heat which is sure to follow and the new commers its going to be the last place you will want to drive.

Randy
M7 tuning
Old 06-02-2006, 08:51 PM
μ

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmini
I've been chasing this thread across several forums and sometimes people make me really wonder. Everyone is shocked and pretty much enraged as you would expect. That I can figure but if you can beleive this others are asking about GMR how it sounds like a fun road and how to get there. The really crazy shit is that people are replying with mapquest links and driving instructions ???? GMR was never high on my driving list as I have other play areas closer to home but it is off it completely for the time being. Between the police heat which is sure to follow and the new commers its going to be the last place you will want to drive.

Randy
M7 tuning
Ahh, it's already a bust, man. It's way worse than your preferred region, as far as ricers and cops go.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:52 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to RFIbanez

It's sad...even more reasons not to go back
Old 06-02-2006, 09:14 PM
μ

Quote:
Ahh, it's already a bust, man. It's way worse than your preferred region, as far as ricers and cops go.
Agreed and they haven't even started " Operation Safe Canyon " yet. Wait till that heats up again. I am doing a show at Warner Center this sat and I was invited by the CHP public relations officer Tang. He is agreat source of info as to what has been happening and how problems can be avoided. I will let you all know if something interesting is discovered. I have to say hello as they, CHP, do read ALL the forums . One of my posts from the old TMMZ days was actually read at roll call LOL

Randy
M7 Tuning
Old 06-02-2006, 09:32 PM
μ

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmini
Agreed and they haven't even started " Operation Safe Canyon " yet. Wait till that heats up again. I am doing a show at Warner Center this sat and I was invited by the CHP public relations officer Tang. He is agreat source of info as to what has been happening and how problems can be avoided. I will let you all know if something interesting is discovered. I have to say hello as they, CHP, do read ALL the forums . One of my posts from the old TMMZ days was actually read at roll call LOL

Randy
M7 Tuning
Eh? I thought Operation Safe Canyons started long ago, as a hotline for people to call in and report loud exhausts and whatnot, so they can acquire data to move in and bust people. I've heard of plenty of police ambushes goin' down in the canyons.

I donno, I haven't ventured into the canyons for awhile. They're overrun with idiot kids drifting across both lanes, ruining it for everybody.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:51 PM
μ

EXACTLY
Old 06-02-2006, 10:08 PM
μ

Quote:
Eh? I thought Operation Safe Canyons started long ago, as a hotline for people to call in and report loud exhausts and whatnot, so they can acquire data to move in and bust people. I've heard of plenty of police ambushes goin' down in the canyons.

I donno, I haven't ventured into the canyons for awhile. They're overrun with idiot kids drifting across both lanes, ruining it for everybody.

The actual " operation " is a seasonal thing and as of 2 weeks ago wasnt in effect. I remember the first day of it last year as I was pulled over 2 times in 10 min It does go a long way towards cleaning out the riff raff I will know a lot more tomorrow and I will post up anything if it is of interest.

Randy
M7 Tuning