motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Cornering Optimizing your suspension system.

Go Back   motoring|underground > On the Lifts > Cornering

Old 04-12-2009, 08:49 AM
μ

Default Aggressive Stance Suspension

I guess this is like any other "What coilovers should I get", but more specific so to speak.

I have been browsing around and just love the look of the Mini's slammed on wide rims with stretched rubber. Browsing websites like www.hellaflush.com makes me drool. So in my "goals" list, getting that stance is way up there. After the body mods I am about to undertake the suspension is next. Hence I am asking now, mostly out of anticipation and to plan for what is ahead.

Here is the low down, at the moment I have 18 x 7.5 rims on 215/35 rubber (not sure as to offset), as well as King Springs which have provided a nice drop front and rear. Nothing else in the way of camber plates or control arms. I want to get the back down some more, tucking but not extremely tucked. Likewise with the front very close to tucked, but still not sacrificing drivability. At the moment my rear is nearly fine, just the front is still too high.

I will live with the current wheels and the new suspension for a while. However, in the future, when I get the funds to get wheels (some where in the ballpark of 17 x 8.5, or 16 x 9) I would love to be able to just bolt them on, without having to redo the entire suspension. Apart from the obvious resetting and adjusting the camber, toe and all that good stuff.

So far I am leaning towards the KW either V1 or V2 coilovers as I have found an australian distributor, plus they seem to meet my needs. Rear control arms will have to be replaced to aftermarket, as to which brand is better or worse I am clueless. However I have had my eye on the Alta arms for a while. Likewise with front camber plates which from what I have read on here I realize I will need to get.

If you have an aggressive setup I would be very appreciative if you could share some wisdom. I am willing to pay a little bit more for the good stuff, I want to get this done right first time around. Thanks.

- Ben

PS. I will probably never take the car on the track, it will be used for driving around town and to/from work.

Last edited by 07BPB; 04-12-2009 at 12:15 PM..
Old 04-14-2009, 11:37 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to RFIbanez

For just street use and to slam the MINI the KW V1's will do fine, a few members on here are using them and they've worked well for them.