motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Motoring Events Stay informed of upcoming motoring events.

Go Back   motoring|underground > The Pits > Motoring Events

Old 10-23-2006, 05:42 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryherrmann
Well, we made it back in one piece. Caravaning was fun, but the last leg through the OC got long with a bunch of construction. We'll download Otto's pictures and his video capture of the parade lap.

All I can say about the corkscrew is Woo Hoo!

YA.. after dropig off chip.. i kept doing that one eye driving technique. I dont remember geting home. I just remember waking up in my bed.. lol
Old 10-24-2006, 09:13 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

i'm never going to attempt to drive back from monterey the same day of an event anymore. i drove back after motoGP and remember driving through santa barbara and waking up right as i got into la county. hehe.

beside if you stay in SLO there are a ton of good roads to run on the 1.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:25 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to RFIbanez

It was pretty tiring on the drive back...we did take the 198 which had some freshly paved twisties.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:25 AM
μ

Finally got all my photos together... resized, cropped, color corrected, etc.

Start here: chipgrafx's ALMS photos
Old 10-26-2006, 04:00 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to iDiaz

Ahh, I finally have a moment to get online, having gotten back to Southern California yesterday. I took a post-ALMS trip to Modesto to visit family and friends, and I'm still tired from yesterday's drive.

Thanks to everyone who made it up there this year! Though I did have some of my close friends with me up there for the 2005 Monterey Sports Car Championships, it just wasn't the same without my µ (then TMMZ) sports car nuts cheering on their favorites.

It was quite the disappointment that Corvette didn't pull through in the GT1 class, as things were getting mighty heated towards the end. Just a few more laps and the story may have had a different ending, but I guess that's racing. GT2 was a bit of a disappointment as well, but hey, I guess Ferrari has to win a race outside of F1 once every blue moon, right?

Finally hearing the Audi R10 in person was pretty frightening, but not in a Speed World Challenge Cadillac CTS-V GT ready-to-rip-your-face-off kind of way. I would actually be willing to bet a dollar that my car is louder than the Audi R10, both at wide-open throttle. It's eerie... all you hear is the whine of an impeller on the intake side. Thanks to the diesel particulate filter, the exhaust sound is almost non-existent, as heard trackside. Heard with a group of cars trailing or leading it, absolutely no sound can be detected coming from the R10. Were it not for the announcers heralding its lead, it was pretty hard to believe it's really pushing 10/10ths. They should consider painting it flat black next year...