motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Braking Clamping the binders.

Go Back   motoring|underground > On the Lifts > Braking

Old 02-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via AIM to KamGraphica
Exclamation Stock Brakes vs. cooper S Brakes

Hey everyone question regarding stock breaks and having rims that expose the break rotors / pads.

2 months ago I had some 18.5 OZ Ultraleggera's installed on my cooper s. I noticed right after they were installed and driving around at slower speeds and breaking on the front breaks I herd this weird humming sound.. it's squeeky really but not a metal squeek more like a break pad rubbing.

That's the best I can describe it but I figured at the time it was due to the rain here in southern california. I took it to the Mini Dealer and they replaced my rotors / pads in the back of the car but the front are still making this sound, that was Dec 15th.

It's still happening today I'm going to take it in but I wanted to get some information if anyone else has had this issue with having rims that expose the breaks. Having the same rims as me or similar.

This sound only happens when I'm edging my way to a stop light or stop sign... it happens right before I break.

Cheers!

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by KamGraphica; 02-16-2009 at 08:54 PM.. Reason: tried to change the title. OH WELL!
Old 02-16-2009, 09:15 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to glnr13

has nothing to do with your rotors being exposed more on a more open spoke pattern. something is up with your brake system.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Thanks gln for the reply.

Sigh... effen mini dealer. I hate dealing with them sometimes, since I had to deal with some dip **** of a service manager claiming a clear oily fluid that leaked from my car over the summer time was wiper fluid and told me I don't need them to check it. Warranty mofo... and it ended up being hydraulic fluid leaking .

I'll take it in as soon as I can to get them to fix it.

Thanks!

Old 02-16-2009, 09:39 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to glnr13

that's too bad you had that experience... just don't bundle all the guys at MINI dealers into that group of numbnuts. a LOT of them know what theyre doing and know a lot about our cars. sadly, there's about just as many of the knowledgeable as there are dummies.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:42 PM
μ

Send a message via ICQ to KiLO Send a message via AIM to KiLO Send a message via MSN to KiLO Send a message via Yahoo to KiLO

Kam... Go to South Bay MINI. Some of our very own are techs there and are amazing. You'll be treated well there, and it's not that far from Long Beach
Old 02-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by glnr13 View Post
that's too bad you had that experience... just don't bundle all the guys at MINI dealers into that group of numbnuts. a LOT of them know what theyre doing and know a lot about our cars. sadly, there's about just as many of the knowledgeable as there are dummies.
Oh with out a doubt your right. There was a Mini Mechanic I was talking to and he's a well known member on NAM. GuidoMini is his name he was pretty cool and he was the one who worked on my car.

I'll take it in and get it squared away! as for south bay mini. I would drive down there to get it fixed but I live in Long Beach and they're literally 5 mins away from my house.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:05 PM
μ

Send a message via ICQ to KiLO Send a message via AIM to KiLO Send a message via MSN to KiLO Send a message via Yahoo to KiLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamGraphica View Post
Oh with out a doubt your right. There was a Mini Mechanic I was talking to and he's a well known member on NAM. GuidoMini is his name he was pretty cool and he was the one who worked on my car.

I'll take it in and get it squared away! as for south bay mini. I would drive down there to get it fixed but I live in Long Beach and they're literally 5 mins away from my house.
Just sayin'... I live in Costa Mesa, and it's an hour with traffic to get to South Bay, but I still go, because Crevier is that bad.