motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Checkered Flag Track-related discussion, including both racing and high-performance driving events.

Go Back   motoring|underground > The Pits > Checkered Flag

Old 06-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

What is the deal with the higher level drivers.....don't they realize it's a 24hr race. No reason to throw away the race just because you think you need to make a move RIGHT NOW ! !
Old 06-18-2012, 07:06 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to iDiaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmini View Post
Through the " miracle " of the cable recorder I was able to watch all of it , at least all they showed . Took until tonight as I didn't watch it real time , I'm not that nuts. Great coverage some good in car video of course . They have to do something with LMP 1. I mean from a Mfg stand point its worse that DTM and even Aussie Super car racing . You have Audi, a upstart Toyota team and thats it. At least in DTM there are three makes now . For the last 2/3 of the race it was all about which Audi would win.

Randy
Ask and ye shall receive:
http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/...ation_2014.pdf
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Se...014-announced/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottinBend View Post
What is the deal with the higher level drivers.....don't they realize it's a 24hr race. No reason to throw away the race just because you think you need to make a move RIGHT NOW ! !
Adrenalin is a hell of a drug. If you're referring to Toyota's incident with the Delta Wing, that's pretty much how it goes when an F1 driver comes to Le Mans.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:40 PM
μ

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDiaz View Post
Adrenalin is a hell of a drug. If you're referring to Toyota's incident with the Delta Wing, that's pretty much how it goes when an F1 driver comes to Le Mans.
I saw that the Delta Wing guys tweeted that the Toyo driver came over and apoligised in person for hitting them;

Helluva a race I thought; some good moments, some bad; Audi definitely outclasses the rest thru sheer dollars. Hopefully it will get more competitive

ty for the droid hookup

Old 06-18-2012, 08:56 PM
μ

I was unable to watch much of the race, but once I heard the Toyota's were out, I almost completely lost interest. It was unfortunate with the Delta Wing as well. I really wanted to see that car finish. Next year should be interesting with Toyota getting a whole year to gather ammo to take out Audi. It's gonna happen.

LMP2 will get interesting next year too with the addition of the Mazda SkyActive Diesels. Maybe we'll see a few Delta Wings too.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:48 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

There were several incidences, the worst one was the LMP car hitting the Ferrari and getting airborne. LMP driver ended up with a broken back (no paralysis). Kinda like last years McNish bone-headed move.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:59 AM
μ

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDiaz View Post
Ask and ye shall receive:
http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/...ation_2014.pdf
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Se...014-announced/

Thanks I am going to the ALMS race at lime rock in a couple of weeks , hopefully i will get to see some of these cars up close and personal

Randy
Old 06-19-2012, 05:18 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Paul View Post
LMP2 will get interesting next year too with the addition of the Mazda SkyActive Diesels. Maybe we'll see a few Delta Wings too.
Unfortunately no DeltaWings next year, unless they change the rules (probably already too late for that). DeltaWing was only allowed to run this year as an experimental car that didn't have to fit into any class. Next year's experimental entry will be the Green GT H2, a hydrogen fuel cell electric: http://www.greengt.com