motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

The Garage The place to show off your pride and joy. Show us your motoring masterpiece herein!

Go Back   motoring|underground > The Pits > The Garage

Old 12-04-2012, 04:35 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

That makes me feel better now! I had ebc green stuff pads and slotted rotors but it was more of boiling fluid type pedal fade. And yes it was extremely scary. I was on the dragon when it started I thought I was going right off a cliff a few times...standard fluid though nothing special so that's probably my problem. I'm gonna buy the wilwoods next spring but if they end up not fitting I'll sell them and go r56s brakes unless I can find a smaller bbk.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:42 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROOSEY View Post
That makes me feel better now! I had ebc green stuff pads and slotted rotors but it was more of boiling fluid type pedal fade. And yes it was extremely scary. I was on the dragon when it started I thought I was going right off a cliff a few times...standard fluid though nothing special so that's probably my problem. I'm gonna buy the wilwoods next spring but if they end up not fitting I'll sell them and go r56s brakes unless I can find a smaller bbk.
Good to hear
All in all, who can say no to shiny BBK caliper LOL
Good luck with fitting
Old 12-04-2012, 05:57 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via AIM to xnotfunkylex

Talk to Todd at TCE about the Wilwoods. He has a lot of experience with those kits and MINI's, so he might be able to tell you if they'll fit or not.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

just sent him an email thanks for the advice!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:59 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

tested out my camera on my new droid razr tonight with a little photo editing. be aware I'm a total nube when it comes to taking and editing photos so go easy on me couldnt find the cord to my girlfriends Nikon to charge it or these might have come out alittle nicer and less blurry.

the droids panoramic setting
Click the image to open in full size.

normal shots

Old 12-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

get these yesterday...more still on the way!

got the new wheel decals. next is getting them back to Pennsylvania so my stepdad can machine them. after that taking them to get powder coated in VA beach. looking to have them done by march.

here's a little teaser of what im hoping to install today it's a little cold out though.
hint:M7
Old 12-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

*fast in the furious, ricey, dumb, just call me johnny tran, etc .* Ya i know...
just installed the M7 M-wing.
in my opinion the new wing looks great. if i didnt have the diffuser and front splitter it'd probably look awful and ricey, some would say it looks awful and ricey to begin with .
I'm just hoping it just gives me some more downforce at the track.

got the Blackout belt line kit on yesterday along with the rear wiper delete from outmotoring

Old 12-08-2012, 12:49 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Not my cup of tea but more power to you

So since you got that new wing, wanna sell me your wing extension?
Old 12-08-2012, 01:34 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

it will be for sale shortly. i have someone possibly interested in it at the moment but i'll let you know!
Old 12-08-2012, 01:36 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

I'll PM you.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:38 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyr53 View Post
Not my cup of tea but more power to you

So since you got that new wing, wanna sell me your wing extension?
Don't sell to this guy. I traded him an oil pan for a dipstick and it took him FOREVER to send the dipstick to me. He'll probably take a month to send the money

I was never really into that cage design until I saw pictures of it in your car. It is now quickly growing on me. How do you like it?

"The feeling of maintaining control of something on the ragged edge of disaster is more addictive than anything"
Old 12-09-2012, 12:57 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03EmCeeS View Post
Don't sell to this guy. I traded him an oil pan for a dipstick and it took him FOREVER to send the dipstick to me. He'll probably take a month to send the money

I was never really into that cage design until I saw pictures of it in your car. It is now quickly growing on me. How do you like it?
hmm thank you ill keep that in mind..

i love it! it's the race version with the welded in cross bar from autopower. they also make one with a bolt in cross bar. it's by far my favorite mod. Fitment is great, not too hard of an install....*if your rear interior is already gutted*....and i get lots of compliments on it. hopefully ill never have to test it out

someday in the future when i start getting into more then just the open weekend track day, id like to have the roll bar beefed up a bit. maybe extend it out to a full cage and change up the mounting points in the rear, but for now its more then enough. I'd buy it again if i owned two minis
Old 12-09-2012, 01:20 AM
μ

Quote:

i love it! it's the race version with the welded in cross bar from autopower. they also make one with a bolt in cross bar. it's by far my favorite mod. Fitment is great, not too hard of an install....*if your rear interior is already gutted*....and i get lots of compliments on it. hopefully ill never have to test it out

someday in the future when i start getting into more then just the open weekend track day, id like to have the roll bar beefed up a bit. maybe extend it out to a full cage and change up the mounting points in the rear, but for now its more then enough. I'd buy it again if i owned two minis
Agreed.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:13 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03EmCeeS View Post
HAHAH You dick!
Old 12-09-2012, 04:19 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:

Good to hear about the cage. I've pretty much convinced myself that I need one, even if it is just for looks.

As for selling to ricky, I was completely kidding. Just needed to take the opportunity to bust on him. He's good for the money for sure.

"The feeling of maintaining control of something on the ragged edge of disaster is more addictive than anything"