motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Style Share your automotive styles, both inside and out.

Go Back   motoring|underground > Showoffs > Style
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-03-2011, 06:17 PM
professor's Avatar
professor professor is offline
μ
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 3,242
Default High quality H7 bulb?

Are the OEM bulbs the best? I would like to make sure I have the best visibility I can get from the facelift halogens.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-03-2011, 06:28 PM
goin440's Avatar
goin440 goin440 is offline
Y Rated - 186 mph
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Speedway
Posts: 1,291
Default

I had SYLVANIA Silverstars in my R50 a few times. I didn't compare to something else but I didn't have any complaints. I don't know that I could blame the aftermarket bulbs but I did have a problem replacing bulbs about evey 6-10wks. I don't remember how long the oems lasted but the silverstars were certainly brighter.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Flamez's Avatar
Flamez Flamez is offline
Leadership
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: At work
Posts: 11,812
Default

65W Osram Ultra High Output (2100 lumen, H9 burner on H7 base, race and special-purpose use) - About halfway down the page. I've had sets in both of our R53's. Best you can buy IMO. I even still have the set out of the first car if you want to check them out.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/p.../products.html
__________________
Click the image to open in full size.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-03-2011, 07:49 PM
boosted_r56 boosted_r56 is offline
Y Rated - 186 mph
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seal Beach, CA
Posts: 335
Default

You could switch over to a DDMTuning HID kit for the H7's they are very cheap and would increase light output.

I personally dont recommend HID kit but it seems a lot kids are into doing it..

Otherwise there are some good Silverstars that I believe are of a higher wattage.. but the higher the wattage my mean brighter the light but it also means you could possibly be throwing that brighter light into oncoming traffic.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-03-2011, 10:27 PM
HotTinRoof's Avatar
HotTinRoof HotTinRoof is offline
Y Rated - 186 mph
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Boston Area
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin440 View Post
I had SYLVANIA Silverstars in my R50 a few times. I didn't compare to something else but I didn't have any complaints. I don't know that I could blame the aftermarket bulbs but I did have a problem replacing bulbs about evey 6-10wks. I don't remember how long the oems lasted but the silverstars were certainly brighter.
Ya know - I had the same experience with these with a Mazda Protege wagon we had. Ended up that the bulb was the wrong bulb for the car. I don't remember the exact details. But I was replacing those things every couple of months. Found the proper bulb I needed and was good to go.
__________________
"I knew I shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-03-2011, 11:19 PM
cristo cristo is offline
Y Rated - 186 mph
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: York, PA
Posts: 261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamez View Post
65W Osram Ultra High Output (2100 lumen, H9 burner on H7 base, race and special-purpose use) - About halfway down the page. I've had sets in both of our R53's. Best you can buy IMO. I even still have the set out of the first car if you want to check them out.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/p.../products.html
Truth.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-04-2011, 12:13 AM
HotTinRoof's Avatar
HotTinRoof HotTinRoof is offline
Y Rated - 186 mph
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Boston Area
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristo View Post
Truth.
__________________
"I knew I shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque."
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-04-2011, 09:23 PM
goin440's Avatar
goin440 goin440 is offline
Y Rated - 186 mph
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Speedway
Posts: 1,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotTinRoof View Post
Ya know - I had the same experience with these with a Mazda Protege wagon we had. Ended up that the bulb was the wrong bulb for the car. I don't remember the exact details. But I was replacing those things every couple of months. Found the proper bulb I needed and was good to go.
I kept buying them cause they were cheap and available everywhere. Explains that I guess.

I ran without brights for 3-4yrs (75k). Never needed them in the city.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-05-2011, 10:49 PM
professor's Avatar
professor professor is offline
μ
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 3,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamez View Post
65W Osram Ultra High Output (2100 lumen, H9 burner on H7 base, race and special-purpose use) - About halfway down the page. I've had sets in both of our R53's. Best you can buy IMO. I even still have the set out of the first car if you want to check them out.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/p.../products.html
Thanks Mark. Im gonna grab a set.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


CURRENT MOON

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:41 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2005 motoring|underground, all rights reserved.