motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Introductions New readers, introduce yourselves here!

Go Back   motoring|underground > Welcome > Introductions

Old 11-07-2014, 06:09 AM
N Rated - 87 mph

Question new member, looking for coilover opinion

hey everybody! my name is Ty and i own a 03 mcs r53, its in great shape and only has 67 thousand miles on it. ive been saving since i bought the car 9 months ago and am finally ready to start modding my cooper out! ive read a thousand threads on here so i feel like i know you guys. im super happy to be a member.. im going to start from the ground up, and am going to purchase coilovers and new wheels. i have narrowed it down to v maxx, kw v1s, or BC extreme drop coilovers. i do not track my car, im just looking to slam it and maybe some spirited driving . the problem is i dont want v maxx, on account of there are so many negative reviews on them. im not broke but am not rich so i was thinking maybe kw v1, but they dont come with camber plates nor do they have adjustable dampening.. and there pretty expensive not to come with any of that. SO, i stumbled across bc extreme drop coilovers that were made in 2012. the problem is there is little to no information/ feedback on these things. does anyone use bc extreme drop coilovers? can you slam it like v maxx style? are they quality? any input would help a nube out tons. thank you!!
Old 11-07-2014, 12:43 PM
Leadership

Cliff notes version: VMaxx are essentially cheap copies of the KW V1's. They work fine, but ride how you'd expect. A good budget buy. Buy a set of used V1's as an alternative. The BC's are excellent and come with camber plates. You'll either need to reuse the stock top plates, buy new ones or buy camber plates to use the other two. You'll find some reported problems with the BC's, but most seem to love them and report good quality. IMO, 1) Used KW's (I can point you to a set for sale) with new top plates, 2) New BC's, 3) VMaxx.

BTW, there is tons of good info about all of these if you look around on this forum. You may want to search some more.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:32 PM
N Rated - 87 mph

thank you for your info Flamez. i only posted this to introduce myself and hopefully get feedback on the "extreme drop" bc's. ill message you if i decide to go KW and see if there are any used for sale still.
Old 11-08-2014, 04:27 AM
μ

I'm not a slammed-car guy, but I'm running V1's with eibach/SPC camber plates. Have slight toe-out at the front and -2deg camber. I love how the car handles and would highly reccomend KW's.

BUT ...they aren't the best choice if you want to slam the car....for that you'll have to defer to the search function here....and you'll find lots of good options.

Click the image to open in full size.
Tit + Bec = '09 AB JCW // '90 964 C2 // '15 R60 CCS // Australia
Old 11-08-2014, 08:07 AM
N Rated - 87 mph

thanks for the info guys. hopefully someone will come along that has the bc extreme drop kit. i want to go with bc extreme drop, but without good knowledge on it ill probably play it safe with kw v1.. oh yea, is there any way to get ap coilovers in the usa? can only find them in europe and i assume the shipping cost would be extremly high over seas.

edit: i will be going with Broadway static coilover suspension. probably 500 series. anyone looking for a quality coilover with camber plates included under 2 grand, that will lay frame i suggest these! took me along time to stumble upon them but i think they are the ones. no one with bc extreme drop i can find has been happy with how low they go btw.

Last edited by tbrook; 12-03-2014 at 12:22 AM..

Tags
coilover, slammed, suspension