motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

OTLounge Anything and everything NOT having to do with cars... for better or for worse!

Go Back   motoring|underground > The Overlook > OTLounge
Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zoomer Send a message via MSN to Zoomer
Default Chill Time

Whoa, easy boy.. I was merely suggesting things - no need to jump on me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
and NO Zoomer, we are NOT painting the floor, OR tiling it. The floor boards in this house are cut from trees that were cut down during the building of the house. The Bull Pines were cut, kiln dried, planed and installed over many months. The planks were originally just about 2 inches thick before planing and final sanding. They will either remain in their current condition or be sanded and resealed as they originally were.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:48 PM
μ

Here we go, Zoomer got his feelings hurt with capital letters again.
If you like the "look" of the floors then work around them and stay with the rustic theme. I just don't know about the appliances with a rustic theme. I'm sure that there's a way way to preserve the floors and still putting something modern over them, but if that's out of the question then I don't know.... I'll say it one more time, that black stain is the only thing that I can think of that would tie those floors in with those appliances.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Banned

No, not feelings hurt, and you don't have to be such a shmuck - here we go having JoMo being such a shmuck again.. haha.. I fart in your general direction.. No longer are you called JoMo in my book - you're a shmuck. That's right, John Shmuck. Welcome to Motoring|Underground, John Shmuck.

Since you're being a douchebag, as usual, I thought I would just play along with your silly game.. what's the matter, John, did you forget to take your medication today? No car sales for you John today? How about Ben Folds, he didn't come in and lift your spirits? Aw, poor baby John.. perhaps you could go refill your prescription at the local drug store.. better yet, if you are out of cash, perhaps you can buy them off the street... that ought to do you good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
Here we go, Zoomer got his feelings hurt with capital letters again.
If you like the "look" of the floors then work around them and stay with the rustic theme. I just don't know about the appliances with a rustic theme. I'm sure that there's a way way to preserve the floors and still putting something modern over them, but if that's out of the question then I don't know.... I'll say it one more time, that black stain is the only thing that I can think of that would tie those floors in with those appliances.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:39 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to Rally

WTF? Chill out zoomer.

Koopa simply said he wasn't going to tile the floor and then nicely explained the sentimental value of the wood floors....then you tell him to go easy and include an angry face smiley? Then you go on to attack jomo. Watch what you read into when it comes to posts. I don't think Koopa was trying to insult you or anything....just explaining himself and his reasoning behind keep the floors wood.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Banned

Rally - please let the admins handle this. I have reported this to M|U administration. He should not be attempting to mess with me everytime I blink the wrong way, sorry, but that's the way it's been for a while, and I am just done with his douchebagness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally View Post
WTF? Chill out zoomer.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:49 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to hollis3

you don't really want admin input at this time...... ivan is working his ass off, and i am dealing with a lot of crap.... then poor miles is trying to plug holes and andy is off in idaho.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Banned

I know they are harsh. The fact is it's not the first time he (JoMo) has started with me, and I just won't stand for it anymore. He's an Mu team member, and he should act like one. I don't back down from conflict, and that's basically what he was trying to do - was create more conflict. Thanks for your input, and I believe this one is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnitecoop View Post
Wow, those are some harsh words there Zoom, I think he was just letting you know the importance of keeping the original floor....

I don't sense any jumping going on...
Old 03-11-2008, 06:12 PM
Banned

Ivan,
JoMo is no longer joking with me, and he should be told not to mess with me anymore. It's not the first time and if someone doesn't tell him, it won't be the last. I don't tolerate his being a douchebag to me.. not anymore. He's tried a few times, and this is just it.. no more - I don't want him starting crap with me anymore.

And please, I don't want this to be a Zoomer bashing thread. All this because I was merely stating something to Bill (Koopa) who happens to be a friend of mine that we've become friends over time on M|U. Sheesh. You're barking up the wrong tree - I will not back down from conflict - and the one causing this was JoMo, not me.

Thanks though, Ivan.

Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDiaz View Post
Zoomer: Learn to take a joke, please.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:26 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to iDiaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomer View Post
Ivan,
JoMo is no longer joking with me, and he should be told not to mess with me anymore. It's not the first time and if someone doesn't tell him, it won't be the last. I don't tolerate his being a douchebag to me.. not anymore. He's tried a few times, and this is just it.. no more - I don't want him starting crap with me anymore.

And please, I don't want this to be a Zoomer bashing thread. All this because I was merely stating something to Bill (Koopa) who happens to be a friend of mine that we've become friends over time on M|U. Sheesh. You're barking up the wrong tree - I will not back down from conflict - and the one causing this was JoMo, not me.

Thanks though, Ivan.

Jonathan
Despite me having said "please", that wasn't a suggestion; that was a warning.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:29 PM
Banned

Warning? About what? It's not me who you should be warning.. perhaps you should look at JoMo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDiaz View Post
Despite me having said "please", that wasn't a suggestion; that was a warning.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:39 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to hollis3

people joke in different ways.

- directed at everyone.
if you don't like someone's personality, just ignore them.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Banned

Thanks Hollis. I agree.

One of your regulations of being a Mu team member is not to be a douche. Please remind JoMo of that, and I will consider this entire thing resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollis3 View Post

- directed at everyone.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:50 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to Rally

Let's reassess the situation...

Koopa:

I will NOT do tiled floors, zoomer. ....goes on to explain sentimental reasons behind keeping the wood floors in a rather calm fashion.

Zoomer:

Whoa, easy boy.. I was merely suggesting things - no need to jump on me.. <--angry face and "whoa, easy boy" suggest that you felt that Koopa was jumping on you and you were upset by that.

Jomo:

One sentence joke stating that Zoomer was upset by Koopa's use of capital letters in "NO" , "NOT", and "OR". To some extent this seems to be true as it's the only thing that I can find that could be viewed as remotely offensive and would lead to the angry face posted in response where you seem to feel "jumped on".

Zoomer:

Feels insulted by Jomo's remark and goes off on a harsh personal insult about Jomo's life and job.

Again....I think you read too deeply into things sometimes. Koopa was never jumping on you in the first place. He just gently disgareed with you and explained himself in a very nice fashion. Then, when you were upset by Koopa's explanation.....Jomo made a quick one sentence joke that suggested that you shoudn't take Koopa's post too seriously. No one was jumping on your or insulting you. Koopa just wants to keep the wood, and jomo just wants you to not get upset over simple posts.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:26 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to Konky

holy crap, i missed all of this

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Since I was quoted into this, I have one thing to say...
This obviously wasn't over if a whole thread was dedicated to the issue..
also, the only one creating more conflict has been U since you felt the need to extend the issue.

If you agreed it would have been ignored....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomer View Post

Thanks Hollis. I agree.

Originally Posted by hollis3 View Post

- directed at everyone.

I don't back down from conflict, and that's basically what he was trying to do - was create more conflict. Thanks for your input, and I believe this one is over.