motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

The Parts Bin Post your For Sale and Wanted information here. No vendors, please!

Go Back   motoring|underground > On the Lifts > The Parts Bin

Old 08-08-2009, 10:10 PM
H Rated - 130 mph

Default Selling my MC40

89k miles asking 15k, negotiable.

The time has come. I have for sale an 04 Cooper S MC40. The Monte Carlo commemorative package adds the red and black leather seats, JCW carbon dashboard, R90 two piece BBS wheels, anthracite interior, Chrome exterior (grille, mirrors, and bootlid handle), driving lights, front and rear fog lights, commemorative decals, on board computer, and xenon headlights with power wash. 95% of this car's mileage is truly highway as I travel 50 miles daily to school, and frequent road trips to upstate New York. I have driven this car last summer to all four of the Mini Takes the States events, and I hold many fun times and memories with it. Theres not one doubt about reliability I would have if I were to drive it to Alaska tomorrow.
I am the second owner, and purchased it in December of 2006 with 16000 miles. As a part of MC40 history, all MC40s sold at Braman Mini of Miami (this MC40's origin) had the plaques removed prior to sale. I do have the window sticker with the vin number confirming its authenticity.
Recent service includes front control arm bushings, ball joints, front wheel bearings, brake pads and rotors all around, brake fluid flush (Motul DOT4), Amsoil transmission oil, JCW spark plugs and wires, oxygen sensor, and I have always used Mobil 1 synthetic oil. I replaced the fuel filter last June at 50000 miles. All work done to this car has been performed by myself (I am a Mini tech at Tyrolsport in NY). Every part has been replaced with all oem and there has been no sacrifice in the quality of work performed or parts installed. Every threaded part has been never siezed and torqued to spec. I have constantly worked to keep it looking its best by repainting the rear bumper (from parking bumps), and replaced the driver side fender from a parking lot ding (I still have the original one). That wasnt really bad, but I had the compulsion to fix it. The drivers side rear panel has been repaired from a dent above the rear tail light, and looks as good as new. The paint is in excellent shape all around, aside from the hood which has a few minor stone chips. The windshield is chipped in a few spots (and cracked) but I will have my glass insurance cover a new one before the final sale. All of the commemorative stickers have been replaced with oem ones from the dealer (the originals had faded).
Modifications include a 19% pulley, JCW 380cc injectors, GIAC software, borla cat back exhaust, schrick camshaft, and a K&N panel air filter (the oem replacement). This car also has an alta light bar with yellow fog lights, Tyrolsport front and rear brake bushings, JCW lowering springs, and factory boost and volt gauges mounted on the steering column. The BBS R90 wheels have been colormatched chili red. The dashboard is signed by Rauno Aaltonen, known worldwide for his success in rally racing as the "Rally Professor". More specifically to Mini, he won the 1967 Rally Monte Carlo in a Mini Cooper S. I was fortunate enough to meet him last year at Mini Takes the States, Miami. The history behind the Monte Carlo Rally and the MC40 is enhanced by Rauno Aaltonens signature, which truly makes this MC40 one of a kind. I would really love to see this car go to someone who is an enthusiast, which is why I am posting it on the forums. I really have kept up on keeping this car in as good shape as possible. I have all maintenance records starting january 2008 in excel format, and I even have all fuel reciept records (indicating price of fuel, MPG and volume of fuel) from about 25000 miles to current. There are many tanks that averaged over 30MPG, my highest being 39.15 from last summer! That is all in excel format as well. This car has a clean carfax, the vin is wmwre33484td90357. The clutch still has lots of life, as it was replaced along with the transmission and flywheel because of a defect at around 25000 miles. Again, this is a great car, with lots of life and fun left! Please feel free to send me a PM or e-mail with any questions. Thanks for looking.
Edit: I installed as of last night a new hydraulic motor mount, and rear upper strut bushings. Car is as solid as the day I picked it up. I am looking to order a clubman, which is why it is for sale. Photos are in the M/U garage, or I can email you anything you'd like to see. If you have a 2009 NEMINI calendar displaying the month of August, you are looking at this car!

Last edited by Second to none; 08-10-2009 at 12:28 AM..
Old 08-08-2009, 10:12 PM
H Rated - 130 mph

Default A link to my garage page

http://www.motoringunderground.com/f..._vehicle&id=89
Old 08-08-2009, 10:54 PM
μ

OMG this is the hardest to read for sale post ever! I know the essential info is in there, but where?!
Old 08-09-2009, 08:35 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via AIM to jbkoopa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
OMG this is the hardest to read for sale post ever! I know the essential info is in there, but where?!
hahaha
Old 08-09-2009, 08:42 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to not-so-rednwhitecooper

Yeah it hurts my eyes. I looked for 10 minutes and couldnt even find a price.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:46 AM
μ

Quote:
Originally Posted by not-so-rednwhitecooper View Post
Yeah it hurts my eyes. I looked for 10 minutes and couldnt even find a price.
was thinking the exact same thing...

Old 08-09-2009, 08:46 AM
μ

Amen to that. Cut back the info and use bullet points. I read the first line, then jumped to the end of the first paragraph, then some other place.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:27 AM
H Rated - 130 mph

Edited for the wolves
Old 08-10-2009, 03:40 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

OK, I couldn't take it any more. You do want to sell this car, right? Clear communication is critical. Here is the beginning of some basic editing, wording unchanged. Please don't take offense.

89k miles asking 15k, negotiable.

The time has come. I have for sale an 04 Cooper S MC40.
The Monte Carlo commemorative package adds:
  • red and black leather seats
  • JCW carbon dashboard
  • R90 two piece BBS wheels
  • anthracite interior
  • Chrome exterior (grille, mirrors, and bootlid handle)
  • driving lights
  • front and rear fog lights
  • commemorative decals
  • on board computer
  • xenon headlights with power wash.
The dashboard is signed by Rauno Aaltonen, known worldwide for his success in rally racing as the "Rally Professor". More specifically to Mini, he won the 1967 Rally Monte Carlo in a Mini Cooper S. I was fortunate enough to meet him last year at Mini Takes the States, Miami. The history behind the Monte Carlo Rally and the MC40 is enhanced by Rauno Aaltonens signature, which truly makes this MC40 one of a kind.

As a part of MC40 history, all MC40s sold at Braman Mini of Miami (this MC40's origin) had the plaques removed prior to sale. I do have the window sticker with the vin number confirming its authenticity.

95% of this car's mileage is truly highway as I travel 50 miles daily to school, and frequent road trips to upstate New York. I have driven this car last summer to all four of the Mini Takes the States events, and I hold many fun times and memories with it. There's not one doubt about reliability I would have if I were to drive it to Alaska tomorrow. I am the second owner, and purchased it in December of 2006 with 16000 miles.

All work done to this car has been performed by myself (I am a Mini tech at Tyrolsport in NY). Every part has been replaced with all oem and there has been no sacrifice in the quality of work performed or parts installed. Every threaded part has been never siezed and torqued to spec. I have always used Mobil 1 synthetic oil. Recent service includes:
  • front control arm bushings
  • ball joints
  • front wheel bearings
  • brake pads and rotors all around
  • brake fluid flush (Motul DOT4)
  • Amsoil transmission oil
  • JCW spark plugs and wires
  • oxygen sensor
  • new hydraulic motor mount
  • new rear upper strut bushings
  • fuel filter replaced last June at 50000 miles
Modifications include:
  • 19% pulley
  • JCW 380cc injectors
  • GIAC software
  • borla cat back exhaust
  • schrick camshaft
  • K&N panel air filter (the oem replacement)
  • Alta light bar with yellow fog lights
  • Tyrolsport front and rear brake bushings
  • JCW lowering springs
  • factory boost and volt gauges mounted on the steering column
  • BBS R90 wheels have been colormatched chili red
I have constantly worked to keep it looking its best:
  • repainted the rear bumper (from parking bumps)
  • replaced the driver side fender from a parking lot ding (I still have the original one). Not really bad, but I had the compulsion to fix it.
  • The drivers side rear panel has been repaired from a dent above the rear tail light, and looks as good as new.
  • The paint is in excellent shape all around, aside from the hood which has a few minor stone chips.
  • The windshield is chipped in a few spots (and cracked) but I will have my glass insurance cover a new one before the final sale.
  • All of the commemorative stickers have been replaced with oem ones from the dealer (the originals had faded).
I have all maintenance records starting january 2008 in excel format, and I even have all fuel reciept records (indicating price of fuel, MPG and volume of fuel) from about 25000 miles to current. There are many tanks that averaged over 30MPG, my highest being 39.15 from last summer! That is all in excel format as well. The clutch still has lots of life, as it was replaced along with the transmission and flywheel because of a defect at around 25000 miles. This car has a clean carfax, the vin is wmwre33484td90357.

Car is as solid as the day I picked it up. I am looking to order a clubman, which is why it is for sale. Photos are in the M/U garage, or I can email you anything you'd like to see. If you have a 2009 NEMINI calendar displaying the month of August, you are looking at this car! I would really love to see this car go to someone who is an enthusiast, which is why I am posting it on the forums. I really have kept up on keeping this car in as good shape as possible. This is a great car, with lots of life and fun left! Please feel free to send me a PM or e-mail with any questions. Thanks for looking.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:42 AM
μ

^ Deserves a commission!!!!
Old 08-10-2009, 03:00 PM
μ

Then you can even take it a step further and it really looks like you want to sell it.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:49 PM
H Rated - 130 mph

Bump

Tags
2004, cooper, jcw, mc40, monte carlo