motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

The Lineup Bringing you the sexiest rides team µ has to offer...

Go Back   motoring|underground > motoring|underground Presents... > The Lineup

Old 09-18-2011, 07:06 PM
μ

mmm widddee. looking awesome Chase!
Old 09-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

what kit is that? be interesting to see how you get them to fit with the aero kit
Old 09-18-2011, 08:04 PM
μ

so sexy
Old 09-18-2011, 08:27 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

omnomnom
Old 09-18-2011, 08:53 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via MSN to Loui

Looks good chase
Old 09-19-2011, 12:58 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

What'd I miss about the arches? They look totally rad!
Old 09-19-2011, 01:08 AM
μ

what are the arched painted with?
Old 09-19-2011, 02:18 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

ooooooooooohh.....this is going to be almost as sexy as you.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:38 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to glnr13

Arches were painted with rustoleum textured paint.
Purchased online from england originally. I think it was called the bmp cooper arch kit but I don't remember.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:44 AM
µ Leadership

It was a company called MHW out of the UK and Australia.. I got these arches from glen last summer. Thanks glen. If you guys remember one of the arches flew off glens car on the interstate and got smashed. Then he gave them to me. I contacted the original company in the UK and they said they would only sell me the whole kit. Then i got into contact with the distributer in Australia, they told me to just get one from the U.S. So i laughed and emailed them back saying they are the only people that i have found that actually carry the kit and promptly said i would be happy to pay shipping etc. and they never returned my email. SOOOOO, i either have to make my own out of polymer clay, then make a mold and cast a new one. or try and figure something else out.

Glen would be the man to talk to about paint. Speaking of which i need to know haha.

I got the arches on the hood, and it took all day, but i got the rear arches trimmed to fit the aero side skirts the best i could. Now i have to figure out how in the world i am going to get them to fit on the aero bumpers haha.

And thanks for the comments everybody. It feels really good to finally work on the mini. I have so many parts that have just been sitting waiting.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:48 PM
μ

awesome to see some progress here chase, looks great. My vote for turbo only. I see no reason for the drag, heat and reliability issues with the supercharger. On the track for the most part the SC will be worthless as you'll be up above 3500 RPM the entire time. Keeping it just complicates things, raises your IAT's for no real gain in track conditions, creates space and heat constraints, and makes your car harder to work on.

When it comes to cars that are track bound... KISS. Either way your car is a beast... I just so no reason to spin up a super charger when you have a balanced, blue printed engine. Just put the turbo on and rev to 8k and forget about the stupid TQ from the SC that you won't use from 1500-4k rpm.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:20 PM
µ Leadership

you are right buddy, but the reality is, i dont think i will be able to go to the track as often as i would like. Maybe a few times a year, so this car will be mainly a touge fun and track car until i move to either the east or west coast, or closer to a track. Thats just how it is. SO with that being said. I am planning to move forward with twincharging. The plan is to run the twincaharge setup for as long as i feel fit. I am having my fabricator make an intake manifold for me in the meantime so that i can switch over to turbo only whenever i want. But first he has got to make my turbo manifold bigger.

Trust me Erik this is something that i totally agree with. However, watching and reading about Ronins Elise and talking with works4me on motoringalliance, it doesnt seem to be as bad as i was thinking. One thing that some people talk about it that it is more work and more to deal with, but in reality the r53 supercharged motor is something that i am learning more and more about. i know it fairly well inside and out now and know how to work on it pretty straight forward. SO in the case something is going wrong i feel sort of confident that i can work through the issue without much trouble. I mean tuning is a whole other story, but boost leaks and belt spin is all right there.

The way i am viewing my car now is a sort of track beast that i will drive around regularly (not daily) I have taken a lot of inspiration from the RWB guys. I know some people dont agree with this, but its my car and this is what i like so there
Old 09-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

love the way this is going

sucks that they wont sell you a single! is it the rear passenger side arch you need? i could try calling them to see if they are willing to sell one to me and then get it shipped to you?
Old 09-19-2011, 05:50 PM
µ Leadership

pm sent
Old 09-19-2011, 06:49 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via MSN to Haggis Send a message via Skype™ to Haggis

Chase, i had one of the last sets of MWH in the uk, i sold mine to one of the compaines here called fletcher mini as they wanted to make them for all minis (cooper, s, aero etc) drop them a line on MT as last time i spoke to Guy they were in prototype stages and that was last year

Tags
baby maker