motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Accelerating From engines to gearboxes--tuning the parts that make your car go.

Go Back   motoring|underground > On the Lifts > Accelerating

Old 12-29-2011, 12:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D!CKS GARAGE R 53 View Post
That's crazy talk... You dont need to pay a lot of cash for a setup that works, just throw one of PAI's magical $1500 custom Turbo/M62/TVS/HC+S/C kits on your car. Oh wait he found that it would actually COST HIM some major money to develop one of theese kits, and decided to go with a Sprintex.

Funny thing is PAI/Nelson/whatever you want to call him was dead set against the Sprintex when all this started. It was too expensive for his liking, when he was trying to compare it to a Jackson Racing setup for a Honda. Wonder what changed his mind?
68 pages of everyone on here telling him what a moron he is might be a start

still waiting on him to explain why the german's have 2 intercoolers on it
Old 12-29-2011, 12:10 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to justintime Send a message via Yahoo to justintime

Intercoolers are awesome. The more the merrier. Exp if you paint sparco on them.

omgzz
Old 12-29-2011, 03:43 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by D!CKS GARAGE R 53 View Post
That's crazy talk... You dont need to pay a lot of cash for a setup that works, just throw one of PAI's magical $1500 custom Turbo/M62/TVS/HC+S/C kits on your car. Oh wait he found that it would actually COST HIM some major money to develop one of theese kits, and decided to go with a Sprintex.

Funny thing is PAI/Nelson/whatever you want to call him was dead set against the Sprintex when all this started. It was too expensive for his liking, when he was trying to compare it to a Jackson Racing setup for a Honda. Wonder what changed his mind?
Ricky, it will not cost me major money at all to do any of it. I'm not going to get into why because it's none of your business. But also all Sprintex kits are MAP'd at 3195.. if you search around you should be able to get for less.

And anyways why make a R900TVS kit when Jan will have one soon? Why use the old m62 whe the 900tvs is very similar in price, might as well make a custom tvs kit then? Why go turbo when I'm not trying to demolish the Rotrex considering I'll never cross Jan driving his GP on any of my tracks, no chance against Ian on a road coarse. Which leads me back to the 9.5:1 c/r+Sprintex+1.8L+standalone, sounds like a wonderful match for 350whp, it would be nice to see it done the right way. I already have a complete engine torn a part on a stand. Just waiting for tax time to go all out and send the family away on a trip.

Point is by helping Sprintex to further succeed and pushing the envelope of the system will show it's true colors. If it needs any component of the system revised to withstand the same amount of punishment the m45 recieves then I'm all for helping with that journey too if need be.

What changed my mind is wanting a company like Sprintex to succeed because they offered such a nice looking, twin-screw solution that is bolt-on, allowing you to keep 99% of your common mods and efficient operation all for a low price compared to anything that is or will be on the market. I can respect that.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:16 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by el diablito View Post
68 pages of everyone on here telling him what a moron he is might be a start

still waiting on him to explain why the german's have 2 intercoolers on it
The same question could be asked why someone would buy your kits and replace the bell unit for a a2w down the road. Or why Lynn modded the Sprintex when it didn't need it especially when it's considered a so called "driveway" MINI. If you don't get my answer let me spell it out for you "o wise one". The guy is just playing with shit and adding crap to it. With only using a 70mm pulley he has no reason for 2 IC unless he wants to be a ricer with a loud charge whine, even with a 60mm pulley 2 ICs are not needed.

Or it could be that the car had cooling issues already, and thought it was the stock blower and decided to upgrade instead of rebuild/buying a m45. It could be a new issue and wasn't the m45/drivegears/wp and thinks it's the Sprintex when he probably forgot something during install or didn't install the head properly causing premature HG failure. Being a network engineer I like to use this time to mention ID10T error or P.I.C.N.I.C saying(problem in chair not in computer or in this case car). Kinda like Ricky's fiasco or when BlwnAway or Daveke had car isues not related to charger..

Lastly am I German? No. Do I know this Krumm fella? No. So how would I really know or give two FFs about that? All I know it's a 70mm Sprintex car with Endyn shit in it.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:02 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via AIM to Camaro Send a message via Yahoo to Camaro Send a message via Skype™ to Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAImportTuner View Post
You need to tone down a bit you are getting a little loose with your mouth.
How long have you been a member on this board? Hmmmm November 2011 who told you, you can tell people to tone it down. For being only on this board for probably 2 months you sure have made yourself a self-appointed moderator of this board several times. If you haven't noticed the people who have the under their screen name in this thread are the more appropriate people to tell people to tone it down. We can manage it on our own, we don't need a newb to tell long time members/well known members to tone it down because whatever is said doesn't seem to be bouncing off your skin and striking a nerve.
Nut up or Shut up
Old 12-29-2011, 06:26 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Which leads me back to the 9.5:1 c/r+Sprintex+1.8L+standalone, sounds like a wonderful match for 350whp, it would be nice to see it done the right way.
I'm still a supporter of the Sprintex but, this to me sounds more like a recipie for desaster than a solid motor build. Even if it does work it is verry doubtfull to see 350. Hell you could probably bump the displacement up to 2.0+ and not see that number.

People have a hard time getting to 300 most of the time, and you think you're going to get 50 more HP from .2 litres and raising the CR by 1.3. You better be able to run 100+ oct fuel on a daily basis because that CR with the additional volume of air from the Sprintex even with the 70mm pulley (Shuld be right around 14psi where you live) is going to be detonation prone without it.

I think too far out of the box for my own good.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:35 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

So Jan ,,,,,,,,,,can you tell us the difference between both kits in what IAT temps you see from the TMIC and FMIC on track without W/M and with W/M.

Last edited by Paul Webster; 12-29-2011 at 08:39 AM..
Old 12-29-2011, 09:54 AM
N Rated - 87 mph

Paul , I have the tmic and the iat temps are very very low if comparate to my previous set-up with the eaton.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:09 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
Paul , I have the tmic and the iat temps are very very low if comparate to my previous set-up with the eaton.
Thats kewl ..............what have you seen so far in Ambient and IAT without W/M

I'm really intrested in how hot it would get after a burnout...........nitrous always cure's that problem off the line

I know one of the Civic guys over here just got in the 10s with a Rotrex .........but I'm not sure if he was using nitrous or not, I know the S2000 had to...........It was quite a compliment that the commentator came up to me and said ..........they beat you into the 10s with a supercharger, I was gutted as I didn't know we were racing into the 10s

I'll just have to try and get into the 9s before him now

Last edited by Paul Webster; 12-29-2011 at 12:21 PM..
Old 12-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
The same question could be asked why someone would buy your kits and replace the bell unit for a a2w down the road. Or why Lynn modded the Sprintex when it didn't need it especially when it's considered a so called "driveway" MINI. If you don't get my answer let me spell it out for you "o wise one". The guy is just playing with shit and adding crap to it. With only using a 70mm pulley he has no reason for 2 IC unless he wants to be a ricer with a loud charge whine, even with a 60mm pulley 2 ICs are not needed.

Or it could be that the car had cooling issues already, and thought it was the stock blower and decided to upgrade instead of rebuild/buying a m45. It could be a new issue and wasn't the m45/drivegears/wp and thinks it's the Sprintex when he probably forgot something during install or didn't install the head properly causing premature HG failure. Being a network engineer I like to use this time to mention ID10T error or P.I.C.N.I.C saying(problem in chair not in computer or in this case car). Kinda like Ricky's fiasco or when BlwnAway or Daveke had car isues not related to charger..

Lastly am I German? No. Do I know this Krumm fella? No. So how would I really know or give two FFs about that? All I know it's a 70mm Sprintex car with Endyn shit in it.

based on your limited knowledge of how this all works, it's interesting to watch you fish Mr. Nelson Velez...............
Old 12-29-2011, 01:01 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro View Post
How long have you been a member on this board? Hmmmm November 2011 who told you, you can tell people to tone it down. For being only on this board for probably 2 months you sure have made yourself a self-appointed moderator of this board several times. If you haven't noticed the people who have the under their screen name in this thread are the more appropriate people to tell people to tone it down. We can manage it on our own, we don't need a newb to tell long time members/well known members to tone it down because whatever is said doesn't seem to be bouncing off your skin and striking a nerve.
Nut up or Shut up
Camaro,

Sorry if you feel that I'm stepping on your toes but whether Jan is a new or old forum member shouldn't matter just like it doesn't matter if I'm a "newb". If Jan starts calling me a dbag publicly, quite frankly I can tell him to cool it down. At that point he is taking a debate and getting very personal with me. You can say what I want to do with my car is stupid or I'm a moron for not understanding his(jans) logic. But when you start replying to what I say with 1 or 2 sentences outright saying I'm a d-bag and not discssing my post THEN why reply to my post?? When this happens the gloves come off because at that point that person doesn't want to dicuss th topics at hand but deviate from it and get confrontational. He needs to remember that he's talking to a real person on the othere side of that computer. You don't see me caling him a f*** face, little bitch, janice or dbag do you because that is not the topic here and I wouldn't disrespect you personally on the forum neither should he, save it for real life encounters with that member if you feel like get froggy.

Lately I feel like you are using your power to tell me I have to deal with him taking personal jabs or not keep the thread on topic what's the point of the thread title then? Just like the personal comments on Lynn about his wife and personal situation that are not needed in the thread but your saying your ok with it all of it. Seems like you and Jan are best friends and allow him to be blantanty disrespectful to other members, let him do that on a Honda/Toyota forum then go to a meet/track watch what happens. I've seen it time and time again.

Ihave a question is this forum a local club forum? If it is who's the president of the club or if not who's the admin(not moderator) of the forum? For you to say to basically deal with personal or derogatory name calling I feel I shouldn't have to. Yes I don't have to be here but it's only place to discuss before its moderated or closed. And being Jan is either banned or a vendor on other forums can't really discuss things like this. I ask maybe to moderate the direct derogtaory things said on here.. things that have nothing to do with cars in general.

Thank you for your time Camaro,
Nelson
Old 12-29-2011, 01:05 PM
Banned

so it's ok for you to post incorrect statements about my company?
Old 12-29-2011, 01:05 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
based on your limited knowledge of how this all works, it's interesting to watch you fish Mr. Nelson Velez...............
This is fair warning don't get into my personal life and you leave that out of anything you post.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:24 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro View Post
If you haven't noticed the people who have the under their screen name in this thread are the more appropriate people to tell people to tone it down.
Well then consider this one of those occasions.

Jan, tone it down. There's no need to make this personal or continue the name calling. This went from a semi educational thread to just downright insults. Calling him a moron isn't a respectable way of handling yourself and it has no place here on M|U. I understand that he is frustrating you and attacking what you do. Handle it maturely and fight his claims with facts.

Now don't get me wrong....this isn't a one sided thing, PA needs to tone things down as well. You both need to step back from your keyboards and return when you're ready to have a valid discussion. If it's gonna return to this dribble, it's best to just move along. We have no interest in watching two men hiss and whine at each other on the internet over something as silly as engine mods.

So everybody, tone it down.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:31 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
so it's ok for you to post incorrect statements about my company?
There is nothing incorrect about my own statements about your personality/character and company. You are owner of your business everthing you do has RMW tagged to it. Meaning when you call people names and get nasty it directly portrays your company. Here's a hint stop acting like you do online at the same time promoting your busness, the proof is in the pudding......

I on the other hand I'm a modifier, master hobbyist on my free time and am entitled to my own personal opinion and past experiences.

Tags
(.)(.), 12 internet dick inches, bench racing, compare schlong size, i need 2 ics, insane in the membrane, internet boy racer, nitro has a creepy voice, pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ sı pɐǝɹɥʇ sıɥʇ, pa loves cake farting, pai sucked of a horse, professional whining, rmw can't build legos, rmw makes shinny things., sinep elprup, sprintex is boss, sprintrex is a pos, tracks are for trains