motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

The Garage The place to show off your pride and joy. Show us your motoring masterpiece herein!

Go Back   motoring|underground > The Pits > The Garage
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #661  
Old 03-31-2013, 12:09 AM
BrandonH's Avatar
BrandonH BrandonH is offline
Y Rated - 186 mph
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Socal
Posts: 942
Send a message via AIM to BrandonH
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryTimeIDie027 View Post
sweet man, those will look great
Thanks Jon!
Reply With Quote
  #662  
Old 03-31-2013, 12:10 AM
BrandonH's Avatar
BrandonH BrandonH is offline
Y Rated - 186 mph
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Socal
Posts: 942
Send a message via AIM to BrandonH
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOUUPERS View Post
Im the least person on this board that is near a drama queen. I had the same seat in my Mini and loved it. However, I had a purpose for it. Just make sure you install it right and use the right belts.
Well thanks for the heads up. I didn't know you were so concerned with the purpose of my car
Reply With Quote
  #663  
Old 03-31-2013, 12:43 AM
rickyr53's Avatar
rickyr53 rickyr53 is offline
Y Rated - 186 mph
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: arlington, va
Posts: 1,876
Default

Very nice man! I eventually want to get those also.
Reply With Quote
  #664  
Old 03-31-2013, 01:40 AM
COOUUPERS COOUUPERS is offline
Y Rated - 186 mph
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SoCal Glendale
Posts: 1,484
Send a message via AIM to COOUUPERS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonH View Post
Well thanks for the heads up. I didn't know you were so concerned with the purpose of my car
Concered is a wrong word to use in this case. However, 😂 this sums it up a lil better.
Reply With Quote
  #665  
Old 03-31-2013, 03:38 AM
glnr13's Avatar
glnr13 glnr13 is offline
μ
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: city of angels
Posts: 14,766
Send a message via AIM to glnr13
Default

you guys are missing art's point. fixed back seats are not recommended for street cars without a roll cage in the case that a roll or flip happens, you run the risk of really injuring yourself. he's concerned for your safety along with the sentiment that race seats don't belong in cruisers.

now in terms of him saying that his car had purpose, well, yes, he frequently visits the track in his car and the seat aids his performance.
vs.
brandon's purpose is aesthetics which isn't to say is bad but it doesn't garner a need for fixed back seats.

congrats on the sponsorship and play nice friends
__________________
actual rice Click the image to open in full size.
Reply With Quote
  #666  
Old 03-31-2013, 05:42 AM
BrandonH's Avatar
BrandonH BrandonH is offline
Y Rated - 186 mph
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Socal
Posts: 942
Send a message via AIM to BrandonH
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOUUPERS View Post
Concered is a wrong word to use in this case. However, 😂 this sums it up a lil better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glnr13 View Post
you guys are missing art's point. fixed back seats are not recommended for street cars without a roll cage in the case that a roll or flip happens, you run the risk of really injuring yourself. he's concerned for your safety along with the sentiment that race seats don't belong in cruisers.

now in terms of him saying that his car had purpose, well, yes, he frequently visits the track in his car and the seat aids his performance.
vs.
brandon's purpose is aesthetics which isn't to say is bad but it doesn't garner a need for fixed back seats.

congrats on the sponsorship and play nice friends
Well what I don't get is that you guys keep telling me fix back seats don't belong in my car because it's not a track car. I'm running the Exact same set up Arthur was running in his mini. 2 years ago at an event I went to with him we talked seats and harness and where to mount and I'm running the exact seats, different brand harnesses but same mounting points or the harness as he is running. What makes his set up so much safer than mine? And Secondly I don't understand where I'm at fault applibg for sponsorship and wanting to put better seats in my car? I mean does my car have to see trace surface to be able to run these seats?
Reply With Quote
  #667  
Old 03-31-2013, 05:49 AM
Rally's Avatar
Rally Rally is offline
μ
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Newport Beach, Calif.
Posts: 32,222
Send a message via AIM to Rally
Default

Do you have a roll bar? I think that's their big concern for your safety. It doesn't have to do with whether your car sees the track or not.

In the event of a rollover with no bar, reclinable seats and designed to fold back and allow the person to recline back with the seat to avoid injury.

In the event of a rollover with no bar and fixed seats, the seats will not be able to withstand the force of the crushed roof and will potentially splinter as they are fiberglass or carbon fiber. This will obviously injure the people.

If you have a roll bar, it will take the force of the rollover which means that it's safe to run fixed back seats.

That's all they're saying i think. I have no problem with race seats in street-driven cars...but safety is important when you decide to run them.

Congrats on the sponsorship.
__________________
Click the image to open in full size.
Reply With Quote
  #668  
Old 03-31-2013, 06:16 AM
BrandonH's Avatar
BrandonH BrandonH is offline
Y Rated - 186 mph
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Socal
Posts: 942
Send a message via AIM to BrandonH
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally View Post
Do you have a roll bar? I think that's their big concern for your safety. It doesn't have to do with whether your car sees the track or not.

In the event of a rollover with no bar, reclinable seats and designed to fold back and allow the person to recline back with the seat to avoid injury.

In the event of a rollover with no bar and fixed seats, the seats will not be able to withstand the force of the crushed roof and will potentially splinter as they are fiberglass or carbon fiber. This will obviously injure the people.

If you have a roll bar, it will take the force of the rollover which means that it's safe to run fixed back seats.

That's all they're saying i think. I have no problem with race seats in street-driven cars...but safety is important when you decide to run them.

Congrats on the sponsorship.
I understand that but what ticks me off is who is Arthur to judge me and tell me what ok and not ok for my car when he himself doesn't even run a roll bar? I mean so you car sees track and mine doesn't when I sat in his I saw no roll bar nor in any of his photos. I appreciate people looking out for my safety but dont appreciate it when people go tell me what ok and not ok to do with my car base off its purpose

And thanks glen and andrew
Reply With Quote
  #669  
Old 03-31-2013, 06:19 AM
Rally's Avatar
Rally Rally is offline
μ
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Newport Beach, Calif.
Posts: 32,222
Send a message via AIM to Rally
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonH View Post
I understand that but what ticks me off is who is Arthur to judge me and tell me what ok and not ok for my car when he himself doesn't even run a roll bar?
I don't know Arthur or is car, but if that's the case, that's even more unsafe IMO. I'd be willing to bet that your chance of rolling over is much higher on the track. I would never drive around a track in fixed back seats without a roll bar/cage. (I wouldn't do it on the street either, though )
__________________
Click the image to open in full size.
Reply With Quote
  #670  
Old 03-31-2013, 06:22 AM
BrandonH's Avatar
BrandonH BrandonH is offline
Y Rated - 186 mph
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Socal
Posts: 942
Send a message via AIM to BrandonH
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally View Post
I don't know Arthur or is car, but if that's the case, that's even more unsafe IMO. I'd be willing to bet that your chance of rolling over is much higher on the track. I would never drive around a track in fixed back seats without a roll bar/cage. (I wouldn't do it on the street either, though )
Hahah i understand, looks like I know what the next mods going to be
Reply With Quote
  #671  
Old 03-31-2013, 07:25 AM
COOUUPERS COOUUPERS is offline
Y Rated - 186 mph
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SoCal Glendale
Posts: 1,484
Send a message via AIM to COOUUPERS
Default

First of all, im not judging you at all. Second, believe me that I have never ran the same setup at as you. Enjoy your seats! I just hope you dont use the cheap ebay harness you were running last time I sae you.

Im not judging, but I do not like posers. Especially when parts that belong on a race car only are being used on the streets with the inproper set-up.
Reply With Quote
  #672  
Old 03-31-2013, 07:34 AM
Rally's Avatar
Rally Rally is offline
μ
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Newport Beach, Calif.
Posts: 32,222
Send a message via AIM to Rally
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOUUPERS View Post

Im not judging, but I do not like posers.
You can't say "im not judging" and then follow it up with a judgmental insult.
__________________
Click the image to open in full size.
Reply With Quote
  #673  
Old 03-31-2013, 07:36 AM
BrandonH's Avatar
BrandonH BrandonH is offline
Y Rated - 186 mph
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Socal
Posts: 942
Send a message via AIM to BrandonH
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOUUPERS View Post
First of all, im not judging you at all. Second, believe me that I have never ran the same setup at as you. Enjoy your seats! I just hope you dont use the cheap ebay harness you were running last time I sae you.

Im not judging, but I do not like posers. Especially when parts that belong on a race car only are being used on the streets with the inproper set-up.
I'm running the corbeau 3 inch 5 point, why else do you think I applied for sponsorship? Dude we were at the scmm drive in event and I asked you while we were sitting in your car how I should run my harnesses and what seats to get. Well I'm sorry my car isn't up to your standards
Reply With Quote
  #674  
Old 03-31-2013, 07:42 AM
COOUUPERS COOUUPERS is offline
Y Rated - 186 mph
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SoCal Glendale
Posts: 1,484
Send a message via AIM to COOUUPERS
Default

Nothing to do with my standards. Enjoy ur seat. I loved them when i had them. Just keep safety in mind, and lmk when you want to do a track day. That way you will get to experience your setup to the fullest.
Reply With Quote
  #675  
Old 03-31-2013, 01:29 PM
Sketch's Avatar
Sketch Sketch is offline
Y Rated - 186 mph
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 6,012
Default

Click the image to open in full size.

...seats will look sexay.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


CURRENT MOON

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:21 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2005 motoring|underground, all rights reserved.