motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Checkered Flag Track-related discussion, including both racing and high-performance driving events.

Go Back   motoring|underground > The Pits > Checkered Flag
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 01:10 AM
μ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldaddy View Post
just too much attitude chip, it's kinda childish...
Meh, whatever. I'm not a fan of him or McLaren and I will continue to make fun of them, their mistakes and/or other things that happen to them (injuries aside).

Why in the hell is everyone so sensitive all of a sudden? It's nothing more than another sport for people to watch on TV. Does the fact that it's Formula One and predominantly European make it off limits to sh!t talking, having favorites, disliking certain drivers/teams, pointing out flaws, mistakes, etc. or having some fun voicing opinions about any of the above?

Again (and in bold this time)... I've never said Hamilton is a bad driver. He has accomplished some amazing things in his short F1 career but none of that means I have to like him or that I need to stop talking sh!t about him. That's the beauty of having differing opinions, favorites, rivalries and so on.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:34 AM
µ Leadership

Because it doesn't sound like **** talking to me either. It sounds almost like some kind of personal vendetta that you are carrying. I think the tone of your posts is sucking the fun out of the discussion. You can call it being overly sensitive if you like and try to discount their opinions, but the two guys who've taken issue with your posts are pretty reasonable people in my opinion. Frankly, your posts come off as if your opinions are the final word on the respective subject and anybody with a different opinion is not just wrong, but an idiot.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:39 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to OldnSlow Send a message via Yahoo to OldnSlow Send a message via Skype™ to OldnSlow

How does one go about having a personal vendetta against an F1 driver he's never met, who lives in a different country, etc. etc.

Nobody got their panties in a twist until the term fanboi was used. Sounds like the real offense is at that.

Just goes to show how boring F1 has become when we have to argue about the tone of making fun of the Lil Diva.

The whole "you disagree, you're an idiot" tone is alive and well on many of the MU threads. I choose not to linger on those. I don't see that here.

Let's get back to the racing, if these processions we see now in F1 can be called that.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:44 AM
µ Leadership

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldnSlow View Post
How does one go about having a personal vendetta against an F1 driver he's never met, who lives in a different country, etc. etc.

Nobody got their panties in a twist until the term fanboi was used. Sounds like the real offense is at that.

Just goes to show how boring F1 has become when we have to argue about the tone of making fun of the Lil Diva.

The whole "you disagree, you're an idiot" tone is alive and well on many of the MU threads. I choose not to linger on those. I don't see that here.

Let's get back to the racing, if these processions we see now in F1 can be called that.
Well since you asked...my usage of the word was not meant in a literal sense (which I assumed would be self evident). I don't think any of the responses to Chip were given based on a single post either. Regardless, I couldn't agree more with your last comment.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:49 AM
μ

First, let me offer my sincerest apologies to all those I may have offended by voicing my negative feelings about the greatest F1 driver in the whole wide world. I was obviously mistaken when I thought we were all adults and mature enough to handle someone poking fun and sh!t talking about a professional race driver.

Secondly, I would like to retract just about everything I have said in this thread as I surely do not want to detract from all the serious discussion that is going on here.

I hope the following statement appeases everyone:
1) Mark Webber - Congratulations on first place! You're the greatest driver and everyone loves you, especially me. You made the best passes of the race.

2) Robert Kubica - Congratulations on second place! You're the greatest driver and everyone loves you, especially me. You made the best passes of the race.

3) Lewis Hamilton - Congratulations on third place! You're the greatest driver and everyone loves you, especially me. You made the best passes of the race.

4) Sebastian Vettel - Congratulations on fourth place! You're the greatest driver and everyone loves you, especially me. You made the best passes of the race.

5) Jenson Button - Congratulations on fifth place! You're the greatest driver and everyone loves you, especially me. You made the best passes of the race.

6) Kimi Räikkönen - Congratulations on sixth place! You're the greatest driver and everyone loves you, especially me. You made the best passes of the race.

7) Sebastien Buemi - Congratulations on seventh place! You're the greatest driver and everyone loves you, especially me. You made the best passes of the race.

8) Rubens Barrichello - Congratulations on eight place! You're the greatest driver and everyone loves you, especially me. You made the best passes of the race.

9) Kamui Kobayashi - Congratulations on ninth place! You're the greatest driver and everyone loves you, especially me. You made the best passes of the race.

10) Giancarlo Fisichella - Congratulations on tenth place! You're the greatest driver and everyone loves you, especially me. You made the best passes of the race.

11) Vitantonio Liuzzi - Congratulations on eleventh place! You're the greatest driver and everyone loves you, especially me. You made the best passes of the race.

12) Heikki Kovalainen - Congratulations on twelth place! You're the greatest driver and everyone loves you, especially me. You made the best passes of the race.

13) Romain Grosjean - Congratulations on thirteenth place! You're the greatest driver and everyone loves you, especially me. You made the best passes of the race.

14) Jaime Alguersuari - Congratulations on fourteenth place! You're the greatest driver and everyone loves you, especially me. You made the best passes of the race.

(Retired) Kazuki Nakajima (Accident) - Sorry you crashed out of the race! You're the greatest driver and everyone loves you, especially me. You would have made the best passes of the race.

(Retired) Nico Rosberg (Gearbox) - Sorry your gearbox failed! You're the greatest driver and everyone loves you, especially me. You would have made the best passes of the race.

(Retired) Nick Heidfeld (Out of fuel) - Sorry you ran out of fuel! You're the greatest driver and everyone loves you, especially me. You would have made the best passes of the race.

(Retired) Adrian Sutil (Accident) - Sorry you crashed out of the race! You're the greatest driver and everyone loves you, especially me. You would have made the best passes of the race.

(Retired) Jarno Trulli (Accident) - Sorry you crashed out of the race! You're the greatest driver and everyone loves you, especially me. You would have made the best passes of the race.

(Retired) Fernando Alonso (Accident) - Sorry you crashed out of the race! You're the greatest driver and everyone loves you, especially me. You would have made the best passes of the race.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:33 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to OldnSlow Send a message via Yahoo to OldnSlow Send a message via Skype™ to OldnSlow

OMG, it's as if McLaren just poured fuel all over Kimi again...let the flame wars begin!
Old 10-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via AIM to oreo Send a message via Yahoo to oreo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldnSlow View Post
OMG, it's as if McLaren just poured fuel all over Kimi again
Maybe that was for not driving for McLaren in 2010.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:28 PM
μ

chip, you kinda missed the point. this has nothing to do with commenting on a driver you don't like. most of us make similar comments on drivers. for me this is about repeated & childish reminders on how wrong Randy is and how great you are, about predicting the season... that's all... glad your boy won. it was about time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipgrafx View Post
First, let me offer my sincerest apologies to all those I may have offended by voicing my negative feelings about the greatest F1 driver in the whole wide world. I was obviously mistaken when I thought we were all adults and mature enough to handle someone poking fun and sh!t talking about a professional race driver.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:17 PM
μ

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo View Post
Maybe that was for not driving for McLaren in 2010.
Interesting point. Seems Toyota has made an offer to Kimi, Mclaren still unsure.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:33 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to iDiaz

Chip, I think this pretty much sums it up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski
Walter Sobchak: Am I wrong?
The Dude: No you're not wrong.
Walter Sobchak: Am I wrong?
The Dude: You're not wrong Walter. You're just an asshole.
Walter Sobchak: Okay then.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:40 PM
μ

that rug really tied the room together.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:32 AM
μ

Also, Dude, "chinaman" is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:41 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to Adam Send a message via Skype™ to Adam

Calling it right now: 2010 world champion is Kimi in a McLaren, as much as I hate McLaren it's going to happen. :/
Old 10-21-2009, 03:46 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via AIM to oreo Send a message via Yahoo to oreo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Calling it right now: 2010 world champion is Kimi in a McLaren, as much as I hate McLaren it's going to happen. :/
And I get the feeling Lewis is going to win. All our worse fears are running rampant!
Old 10-21-2009, 03:51 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to iDiaz

Calling it right now: For the 2010 season, I will reap more entertainment from reading this girls-at-the-salon-bickering-about-a-soap-opera-plot thread than I will from actually watching Formula 1.