motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Checkered Flag Track-related discussion, including both racing and high-performance driving events.

Go Back   motoring|underground > The Pits > Checkered Flag
Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 05:07 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to justintime Send a message via Yahoo to justintime

calling it right now: Ivan will lose interest in that magazine in about 5 minutes and luizzi is going to take the championship

omgzz
Old 10-21-2009, 05:31 AM
μ

Wow, bold statement!
Old 10-21-2009, 05:16 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to justintime Send a message via Yahoo to justintime

luizzi to me is like lewis to chip

omgzz
Old 10-21-2009, 05:58 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to OldnSlow Send a message via Yahoo to OldnSlow Send a message via Skype™ to OldnSlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDiaz View Post
Calling it right now: For the 2010 season, I will reap more entertainment from reading this girls-at-the-salon-bickering-about-a-soap-opera-plot thread than I will from actually watching Formula 1.
Kind of sad that the only race I watched fully was Brazil and I was in a hospital hooked up to a morphine drip.

As long as Bernie and Max/Todt are in charge, we are in for processional racing and they will continue to reap their billions from these new venues hungry for any attention.

And I call that Flavio will win his appeal and return to direct one of the new teams.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:38 AM
μ

Quote:
Originally Posted by justintime View Post
luizzi to me is like lewis to chip
Careful what you say...

P.S. Vitantonio Liuzzi is the greatest driver and everyone loves him, especially me. He makes the best passes in the races.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:51 AM
μ

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipgrafx View Post
Careful what you say...

P.S. Vitantonio Liuzzi is the greatest driver and everyone loves him, especially me. He makes the best passes in the races.

the most ironic part of your statement is no one passes in F1 because it's an inferior drivers sport.

edit: post 666 yes... devilpost... muahahahahahahaha also, the best part of F1 is qualifying and off the track. the actual races couldn't be more boring. (this coming from some one who has watched f1 for the last 17 years straight)
Old 10-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Leadership

No great surprise: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79761

Quote:
Newly-elected FIA president Jean Todt says that he intends to work towards a harmonious relationship between the governing body and Formula 1's teams, but warned that they must drive down the cost of competing in the sport.

Todt, who replaces Max Mosley after his 16 years in power, landed an overwhelming victory over Ari Vatanen in Friday's FIA presidential election.

"It will be a harmonious relationship," the former Ferrari team principal told Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport, when asked about how he will work with FOTA. "That's necessary to improve everything.

"It will also be necessary to reduce costs: considering the time we live in, carrying on at these levels is absurd."

Todt added that he did not intend to instigate sweeping changes in the way the FIA is run, but said that his methods of governing would be different from Mosley's.

"I'm against who said we must change it at all cost," he said. "Not everything needs to be binned. We need constructive change. What was true ten years ago isn't true anymore now, for both road mobility and for the sport.

"I feel affection for Mosley, but we are different in our culture, studies, and nationalities. There are many things I see differently from him.

"I, as president, have to be content with indicating the path while being less present," he added, speaking of the role of commissioners to oversee individual areas of motorsport.

Asked about what new technologies he would like to see introduced into F1, Todt replied: "Mosley was right in defending KERS. The constructors will have to work hard to reduce the impact on the environment. They can't keep their eyes shut anymore."

Todt also said that Ferrari would be expected to tow the line along with all of F1 teams, despite revealing that he still considered himself a close friend of the Italian team's president Luca di Montezemolo.

"Our relationship will be excellent," said Todt, referring to speculation that the pair had fallen out. "I was sorry to read that my bond with Montezemolo has turned sour. That's all bull****.

"In fact, the night before the election he sent me a very nice text message. I will never forget the 16 years spent in Maranello. But, even though it's the most famous and powerful team in F1, it will have to respect the rules."
Old 10-26-2009, 06:17 PM
μ

Is it too early to start buying Kobayashi gear??

(Seriously though, that guy did run a hell of a debut F1 race....)
Old 10-27-2009, 12:57 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

^agreed, he's good, honest and modest
Old 10-27-2009, 01:10 AM
μ

I haven't really seen anything interview or profile wise on him, but he's certainly got the hunger. Interesting contrast to Badoer and Grojean...
Old 10-27-2009, 02:36 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to Adam Send a message via Skype™ to Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashboomstick View Post
Is it too early to start buying Kobayashi gear??

(Seriously though, that guy did run a hell of a debut F1 race....)
Except for running everyone else on the track off the road.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:21 PM
μ

Like who? You could possibly make a case for the issue with Nakajima...but Kaz ran into the back of him and the stewards haven't said anything about it. And you certainly can't blame any of that Trulli/Sutil/Alonso wipeout on him...

And as for Jenson (as much as I like the guy) bitching about him, he's was just pissed that he couldn't blow past him like all the other rookies. The guy was obviously worried about being slowed up and not placing high enough to secure the WDC. It's a race, not a parade lap; you might have to work a little to get past someone...
Old 10-27-2009, 06:05 PM
μ

Quote:
It's a race, not a parade lap; you might have to work a little to get past someone...

now don't go confusing them with logic.............

Old 10-28-2009, 01:53 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to Adam Send a message via Skype™ to Adam

Quote:
Like who? You could possibly make a case for the issue with Nakajima...but Kaz ran into the back of him and the stewards haven't said anything about it. And you certainly can't blame any of that Trulli/Sutil/Alonso wipeout on him...

And as for Jenson (as much as I like the guy) bitching about him, he's was just pissed that he couldn't blow past him like all the other rookies. The guy was obviously worried about being slowed up and not placing high enough to secure the WDC. It's a race, not a parade lap; you might have to work a little to get past someone...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHkRcLdiJ4U

He was clearly all over the damn place. You can't change lines like that. Don't get me wrong, he's definitely good... just needs to realize this isn't NASCAR.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:41 AM
μ

It will be interesting to see this new venue. Accoring to Top Gear mag the track should make for interesting racing but time will tell. Amazing what 26,000 workers and 36 BILLION dollars can do

Randy
M7 Tuning
Closed Thread