motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Accelerating From engines to gearboxes--tuning the parts that make your car go.

Go Back   motoring|underground > On the Lifts > Accelerating

Old 10-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor View Post
You are correct good sir.
Thing is, both the Schrick cams were developed just for the Trirec, so......? Just so everyone knows, I never said the Schrick is the "best cam", I said there are some great results with it still. I mean I don't even run it, I run the NS1 and love it. I do have a Schrick that one day will have a special grind done to it, and I have heard good things about Cat Cams......Personally, I would not buy a cam that looked like the old Newman, just didn't seem to be made well? But maybe the newer ones have been are being made with more quality?
Old 10-19-2013, 02:23 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamez View Post
A phone call to Jan at RMW will only cost you your time.
It will cost A LOT more than that. hahaha
Old 10-23-2013, 07:24 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via AIM to Camaro Send a message via Yahoo to Camaro Send a message via Skype™ to Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminni View Post
Lol! The Schrick is still by far, the best made, looking cam out there, period! Even more detailed than the OEM. But, my opinion doesn't count....lol!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminni View Post
Thing is, both the Schrick cams were developed just for the Trirec, so......? Just so everyone knows, I never said the Schrick is the "best cam", I said there are some great results with it still. I mean I don't even run it, I run the NS1 and love it. I do have a Schrick that one day will have a special grind done to it, and I have heard good things about Cat Cams......Personally, I would not buy a cam that looked like the old Newman, just didn't seem to be made well? But maybe the newer ones have been are being made with more quality?
Seriously you are pretty contradictory with your statements Jiminni Cricket. As far as a cam being specifically designed for a motor is a joke. A motor doesn't know if a cam is made for it or not, it will either run like crap or really sing it really has no idea. Crower is by far the worst cam grinder for overhead cam's.

You can't use pushrod cam design on a overhead valve cam it just won't work. Which reiterates a cam will make a motor run like crap or it will make it sing. Proper cam design for the valvetrain type (pushrod, overhead cam) is how things are done.

If you want a really good overhead cam Kelford, GSC, Catcams and Newman are the grinders to look at.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:04 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

I guess I'd better go tell my car to stop running, you don't have the right made cam in there....lol!.....Yea your right....Crower knows nothing about cams, engines and stuff...... Oh and BTW......this thread is about Schrick....
Old 10-23-2013, 05:55 PM
μ

Lets keep things civil in here gang. We all know the story
Old 11-24-2013, 11:41 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Alright, time to chime in. I had looked at a lot of cams over the past two years, especially since my R50 is no longer my daily driver and I can afford to take away a little turn key reliability for some extra performance. I looked at schrick, ns1, cat, and Newman. After some spec comparison, review reading, and research. I decided on the Cat Cam in their stage 1 street trim. I love the idea of solid mid range gains where I will be driving the car rather top end. With that being said, Cat had cams to grant me top end power, just not what I wanted. The Schrick is supposed to be a great grind, just slightly more aggressive than what my Cat is.

In conclusion, research this further and ask yourself what your end result is going to be. You will be happier with a cam that helps you accomplish that. The beauty of a cam is they are not terribly expensive, so you could always swap it out for another if the first one isn't going to do what you want it to do.

Keep us posted
Old 11-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

This is an amusing thread. needs a touch more hostility a sprinkle of ignorance and just a dash ill-willed humor to be REALLY good. At the end of the day YOU have to be happy with your choice and YOU have to drive it. The keyboard crusaders will ALWAYS have something to say whether it be personally motivated or based on actual knowledge/experience