motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Accelerating From engines to gearboxes--tuning the parts that make your car go.

Go Back   motoring|underground > On the Lifts > Accelerating

Old 12-15-2011, 04:29 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Email sent to Sprintex.

I think too far out of the box for my own good.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D!CKS GARAGE R 53 View Post
Email sent to Sprintex.
while you are at it, get the test data from the supercharger testing.............
Old 12-15-2011, 04:40 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

That was fast!

What one do you want? I have all the maps and tech specs for the entire 5th generation Sprintex family!

Maby I will just post a link, and everyone can have all the facts.

http://www.sprintex.com.au/sprintex/...chureSpecs.pdf

I think too far out of the box for my own good.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by old66 View Post
As the one involved in the development of the Sprintex system I would like to set a few matters straight.
It's great you finally come forth out and admit old66 is Rick Rimmer. (of course we "knew" it was you. Even though you have acted like someone else

First and foremost I cannot believe the ugly nature of this thread. I have been in business for forty years at all levels of the automotive aftermarket and have never seen wholesale character asassination, slander and outright lies pitched about like fairy dust at a little girls party. Hold this thought for a moment....... you will be doing the same in a few minutes.......roflmao

There are two people speaking truth on this thread. (and it's NOT you Rick)

First, Ian has the truth about the early cut and weld preproduction piece I did for Jan. Second, Lynn Gleason has been a champion of mechanical integrity and has watched my system being torn apart by a bunch of truly ignorant wanabee's. The same guy you blasted for taking it apart and modifying the oiling issues He has then had to endure comments about his wife??? Come on people, this is a thread with the idea of promoting helpful information about the values of each system.not to mentions Lynn's nefarious antics behind the scenes. We could write some very interesting stories about this again, wait for the bashing, it's coming

As the distributor of Sprintex's product in the America's I know of at least 100 systems in use worldwide. sitting on a vendors shelf is NOT installed I ask anybody with a failure to come forward and present me with a warranty claim. Will you warranty it like you did in the Subaru community?

I would like to point out that Ian drives his failed unit everyday. His free, failed, overheating cut and weld prototype is driving everyday.More blantant lies

Now to the self- flagellating blubberings of "Camaro". HERE IT IS.......POT MEET KETTLE......... This is a perfect example of how the internet allows complete idiots their day. Not a bit of real knowledge or skin in the game, just seething jealously and the desire to hurt other peoples success. I have always marketed this system as a quality upgrade to the Eaton on the existing engine. We at Sprintex have always said we want the 95 percentile of the market. Let Jan and Hubie sacrifice their cars to the gods of speed. Correct you have no chance at competing

450hp, wow how about 500hp? Turbos, compounds and I am sure Nitrous is in ther somewhere. Don't need nitrous , don't confuse me with Webster Now, once more back to the villiage idiot. You can guess. Camaro. BINGO........you are on a roll now

Sprintex supplies the OE market in the far east. For you, my boy that means original car makers. You mean the 500 chargers they sold oem? are you fucking kidding me? Eaton sold 500,000 just for the MINI......... One more lesson, the far east means China, Malaysia, Indonesia and Japan. Since you seem to be internet literate why don't you check out Proton in Malaysia. Sprintex has just been awarded a very large order for OE systems on their Satria pocket rocket. That type of sale to the OE mean we have to pass durability tests. Like hundreds of hours at full throttle. Once again show me a failed supercharger, I will give you another one on warranty. Stop your defamation!

Now to a few thoughts on Jan's complete hatred of my product. We have units that work for sale that add nice hp gains and fit like an OE product. We do not compete in the market. He sells Race products. We sell fast street systems. He sells Eaton TVS systems. again you are wrong....how can I sell something I don't have ??? It is still a Rootes. Which btw is better than your sprintex

It is cheap to make and that is why the OEs use it. Your blowers are made from extrusion instead of casting. Yours are cheaper to make.

The name Rotrex still comes up. No OE use at this time. Good top end, poor throttle tip in and oiling issues keep this from being a long term keeper. It's hard to take you serious when you obviously have no clue here. We have run the Rotrex for over 3.5yrs now without 1 single ROTREX supercharger incident. Why is that? Ours are actually driven and beat on a daily basis. My tip in is perfect, the sprintex will have issues getting enough fuel in on the tip in. Especially on the stock ecu and down low......want me to post up your dyno charts????? ALSO 3yr warranty on Rotrex.......1yr with sprintex and that's voided if you change the pulley.......yep BIG LONG TERM KEEPER THERE...........ROFLMAO

Koenigsegg
On 15 June 2008, a standard fully equipped CCX was independently timed by sport auto in achieving a record 0-186-0 mph (0-300–0 km/h) in 29.2 seconds, beating the Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR 722 Edition, the Lamborghini Murciélago LP640, the Porsche 997 GT2, the Alpina B6 S (based on the BMW 6 Series), and the Corvette Z06.[9
Feel free to post up your OEM results

As to the tuning side of things, anytime you modify your engine with more boost you need to tune with knowledge. Sort of like let the buyer beware. You have all read stories about tuner A versus tuner B and how he blew up my engine. Jan has had his share of issues in this area. Our problems were related to engine machine work, they have since been fired and you came over to see our car at the dragon as it was driven across country and still driven to tracks where it continues to set the fastest times and driven home again........btw......why did you tell people you couldn't get the Rotrex to fit in a Mini? I know you came over to look at mine at the dragon. If you haven't seen the latest of our kits it can be taken completely apart without taking off the radiator. Full ceramic coating and drop in fitment

But so have all the other tuners. If there are any blown up engines out there with my units on them, let me know specifics. What, you left the boost hose off and your engine blew up? What, you knew there was something wrong and you drove it for 15,000 miles? At least Dick was honest in saying he caused his engine to fail. Do I get blamed for that too? We displayed at SEMA. We won an award for this product as well as our new Jeep JK system. I had nothing but good comments at this show on this product. For you who never leave your little man caves SEMA attracts 150,000 people each year. Most of those people are looking for the betterment of our industry. We spent $50k to showcase our products and have to compete with backstabbers who have no real knowledge and no real investment on this forum. One month later we displayed at the PRI show in Orlando. Tons of new distributors and once again no whiners. Guess the real world does not work for them. Best to sit in front of a computer and throw rocks.
just like you are doing........ btw anyone can show at sema, sign up pay your grand and show your tiddlywinks to people if you like. Not a big deal

In the end good products always win. I wish Jan and whoever else has so many things to say about our product the best. No you don't, I have heard from vendors you tried to get to sell the sprintex what you said about me. The difference between you and me is I will tell you to your face on a message board or face to face I hope you too can have success with whatever you do in the future. Anyone of you can call me with the warranty claim and I will be happy to make it right. Those of you that continue to throw darts from your hidden IDs will continue to show how small and impotent you really are. Rick Rimmer
again, nice to see you have come out from behind Old 66 and show who you really are

Last edited by el diablito; 12-15-2011 at 05:46 AM..
Old 12-15-2011, 06:17 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:23 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Sprintex Supercharger kit with 60mm
Stock S head
Block honed for JE forged pistons
Stock OEM pistons & rings
Stock Rods
ARP rod bolts
Cat Cam
Janspeed manifold
Borla Cooper Cat back
GRS TMIC
JCW air box
ITG filter

Weight 2575lbs

The above run really did fool me after I hit 2nd I had to look down to see if the nitrous bottle was in the car It wasn't............ First supercharged MINI into the 7s ...........ok so its the 1/8th but it sounds good

Last edited by Paul Webster; 12-15-2011 at 09:29 AM..
Old 12-15-2011, 09:24 AM
N Rated - 87 mph

Old 12-15-2011, 01:41 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsideways View Post
PSI isn't gonna matter cause extra stroke. extra bore, better flowing head, better flowing cam, different intercooler will all effect your PSI reading on a boost gauge. The better air it flows and more air it can take in the lower your boost will read but the more power you'll make. 20psi on my motor might be 25psi on yours with a stock head/cam.
It was with a 57.15mm pulley.
Ian what Crank damper were you using with the 57.1mm pulley ?
Old 12-15-2011, 04:26 PM
H Rated - 130 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAImportTuner View Post
What I find funny about the M45 Map is that it shows up to what 16k rpm. MOST Mini's out there are running around spinning that darn thing to 19,000-20,000 hell wasn't Kavs spun up around 21,000 rpm. I just find that comical that they continue to stay together.

Webster. Stock.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:34 PM
μ

Send a message via Skype™ to CANYON MINI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will@ABF View Post
RANT ON!

Moderator's BAN this tool before anyone else in this community is victimized & bilked out of there hard earned $$$.

Dude you got a lot o nerve posting on this site after ABF has screwed over 2 M|U team members here for thousands of $$, Both Camaro & myself.

Go find whatever rock your boss Hubie crawled under with all my stolen race bits;
JE piston set
Supertech valvetrain springs seats retainers & etc.
Supercharger idler pulley
& my $ 450.00 pay-paled to Hubie's other shell company MAGAMINI (December last year) that he ripped me off for, without shipping any of the ARP head studs, bearing, gaskets etc.

Please have your website administrator, pull my image off the banner of your ABF website pages immediately.

I don't want anyone thinking I have any furtuer affiliation with your piss poor business practices & outright thievery!

BAN! BAN! BAN!

Rant off!
Old 12-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANYON MINI View Post
RANT ON!

Moderator's BAN this tool before anyone else in this community is victimized & bilked out of there hard earned $$$.

Dude you got a lot o nerve posting on this site after ABF has screwed over 2 M|U team members here for thousands of $$, Both Camaro & myself.

Go find whatever rock your boss Hubie crawled under with all my stolen race bits;
JE piston set
Supertech valvetrain springs seats retainers & etc.
Supercharger idler pulley
& my $ 450.00 pay-paled to Hubie's other shell company MAGAMINI (December last year) that he ripped me off for, without shipping any of the ARP head studs, bearing, gaskets etc.

Please have your website administrator, pull my image off the banner of your ABF website pages immediately.

I don't want anyone thinking I have any furtuer affiliation with your piss poor business practices & outright thievery!

BAN! BAN! BAN!

Rant off!
Please keep that ish out of here. This is a tech thread, I understand your quarrel, but FFS let's keep to topic.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:36 PM
H Rated - 130 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
Sprintex Supercharger kit with 60mm
Stock S head
Block honed for JE forged pistons
Stock OEM pistons & rings
Stock Rods
ARP rod bolts
Cat Cam
Janspeed manifold
Borla Cooper Cat back
GRS TMIC
JCW air box
ITG filter

Weight 2575lbs

The above run really did fool me after I hit 2nd I had to look down to see if the nitrous bottle was in the car It wasn't............ First supercharged MINI into the 7s ...........ok so its the 1/8th but it sounds good
Paul, didn't Joves car Trap 108mph with an M45 on it? And didn't Joves car only dyno 240whp? As you said Trap Speed Doesn't lie.

Your 1/8th mile is explained by your 60/ft. My Volvo V8 Wagon does 1.7 60ft's with Drag Radials and a Solid Rear axle rear suspension. It also does 7's in the 1/8th. But sadly it makes Crap for power and runs 14's in the 1/4.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:11 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Just out of curiosity how many rpms is the m45 spinning with a 15% reduction pulley?
Old 12-15-2011, 07:51 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to hollis3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAImportTuner View Post
Please keep that ish out of here. This is a tech thread, I understand your quarrel, but FFS let's keep to topic.
Unfortunately when a company is known to mess up a few regular forum members' cars, it does make validity of statements an issue.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:53 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsideways View Post
Paul, didn't Joves car Trap 108mph with an M45 on it? And didn't Joves car only dyno 240whp? As you said Trap Speed Doesn't lie.

Your 1/8th mile is explained by your 60/ft. My Volvo V8 Wagon does 1.7 60ft's with Drag Radials and a Solid Rear axle rear suspension. It also does 7's in the 1/8th. But sadly it makes Crap for power and runs 14's in the 1/4.
Russ went 12.86 at 108s this year at a test day in the power ranger but that was with a 20% pulley meth and a ABF BVH head

Old Red did go 110 /109 with the same setup but with a 64mm but not going into the wind like the tickets posted.....the last ticket posted I was racing to the 1/8th and then backing off a bit because I was hot lapping 3-4 runs as it was private testday and my crewchief (my 6 year old Joe) kept wanting to take the plugs out as that was his job for the day.

You sure your Volvo isn't geared for the 1/8 and not the 1/4 that or its running out of fuel, my old 78 Malibu wagon with a 406 SBC used to be like that with the mechanical pump

Last edited by Paul Webster; 12-15-2011 at 08:28 PM..

Tags
(.)(.), 12 internet dick inches, bench racing, compare schlong size, i need 2 ics, insane in the membrane, internet boy racer, nitro has a creepy voice, pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ sı pɐǝɹɥʇ sıɥʇ, pa loves cake farting, pai sucked of a horse, professional whining, rmw can't build legos, rmw makes shinny things., sinep elprup, sprintex is boss, sprintrex is a pos, tracks are for trains