motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Checkered Flag Track-related discussion, including both racing and high-performance driving events.

Go Back   motoring|underground > The Pits > Checkered Flag

Old 12-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

i think the changes like no refueling mean more will depend on drivers -> no?
Old 12-13-2008, 05:23 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to Adam Send a message via Skype™ to Adam

This whole thing is going down hill in such a hurry.

Bernie is now proposing a championship based solely on the number of wins to promote better racing. How the hell is it better racing if someone sees that they can't win and parks the car to save the engine that they'll have to be using for 35 seasons by 2010.

FIRE BERNIE AND MAX
Old 12-13-2008, 09:29 PM
μ

Hey, if we pool our money we could hire a hitman...I'm jus sayin'
Old 12-13-2008, 11:27 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

here's an interview with bernie about the medals. http://www.formula1.com/news/intervi...8/12/8775.html

how about simply increasing the amount of points a winner scores????? didn't he think of that?
I mean i can understand he wants to promote winners but it can be done in a smarter way
Old 12-13-2008, 11:30 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

btw some serious f1 photography i came across (too bad in small sizes only)
http://www.jamesmoy.com/index.html enjoy
Old 12-14-2008, 04:29 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Troof. Renault isn't going anywhere, and I bet they'll be ahead of BMW next season, I don't think Toyota is leaving either. I'd like to see more factory teams get back in it. Lotus? Ford? Honda? I can't say I would mourn the loss of the underfunded cars that just get in the way of the fast ones.
I would love to see Lotus get involved again. It would be great to see it like the good ole days, but I doubt Lotus would have the money to be extermely competitive.

I have always wondered why Ford isnt involved. I understand why not right now. maybe someday
Old 12-14-2008, 05:26 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to justintime Send a message via Yahoo to justintime

Click the image to open in full size.

makes it look peaceful

omgzz
Old 12-15-2008, 06:25 PM
μ

speaking of Button...
----

French carmaker eyes Honda F1 team
Citroen / Peugeot linked to Brackley squad
15/12/08 09:04

The French manufacturer PSA, selling cars under the names Peugeot and Citroen, has reportedly expressed interest in buying Honda's beleaguered Formula One team.

Anonymous sources apparently told the Belgian motor racing magazine Autosportnieuws that the carmaker, last involved in F1 as an engine supplier with the now-defunct Prost team, has made enquiries to buy the Brackley based team as an active F1 competitor.

Citroen's world rally team is the reigning drivers' and constructors' champion, and Peugeot is involved in Le Mans racing.

It is suggested that, given F1's willingness to vastly reduce operating costs, PSA is interested in stepping because it has not been hit as hard by the world economic crisis than some of its peers abroad.

The French government is also pledging financial support to the car sector, in return for Renault and Peugeot-Citroen promising to limit job cuts and plant closures.

It is suggested that Sebastien Bourdais, the French F1 driver whose Toro Rosso seat is in doubt for 2009, would be part of a PSA buyout, with Jenson Button as his team-mate.

Source: GMM
CAPSIS International

Old 12-15-2008, 06:56 PM
μ

Hmmm...I like!

I would especially like the lineup of Button and Bourdais. Both good drivers and good guys beleaguered by bad equipment and/or luck.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:00 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

with the way Peugeot has done in LeMans I think it could be a good move. They have done some great work in some short time, and 908 is an amazing car.

Lets just get Audi in F1 now so we have another good rivalry
Old 12-16-2008, 02:14 PM
μ

Reports that the French carmaker PSA Peugeot-Citroen is seriously considering buying Honda's formula one team have been denied.

Anonymous sources had apparently told a Belgian motor racing magazine that the manufacturer, last involved in F1 as an engine supplier to Prost, had made enquiries to acquire the Brackley based squad.

"It's totally false," the spokesman for Peugeot Sport Jean-Claude Lefebvre, who was involved with the marque's most recent F1 project, is quoted as saying by La Gazzetta dello Sport.

He played down the suggestion that PSA is able to consider entering F1 at this time because it is being less affected by the global financial crisis.

Lefebvre said: "We are having big problems with sales, just like all the manufacturers.

We have other things to think about other than considering going to F1."

La Gazzetta dello Sport said David Richards, believed to be backed by Arab money, as well as the GP2 team ART's Nicolas Todt, have also considered buying Honda.

Source: GMM
CAPSIS International

Old 12-19-2008, 04:15 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

I am young and only been following F1 for a few years so I have no idea how F1 survives things like this.

What did they do in the 1980s, how did it survive
Old 01-10-2009, 09:10 PM
μ

This is interesting , and Mclaren still won

Randy

Ecclestone reveals special 'Ferrari deal'
20 December 2008

As Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has said he wants to see a greater transparency from Ecclestone about the revenues in Formula 1 Bernie Ecclestone now hits back at the Italian by revealing Ferrari's special deal with Formula 1 where the Scuderia is receiving millions of dollars extra.

[AD]
An angry Ecclestone has told The Times that the Ferrari president should be the last person to be complaining about how much revenue the teams receive. "The only thing he has not mentioned is the extra money Ferrari get above all the other teams and all the extra things Ferrari have had for years - the 'general help' they are considered to have had in Formula One," Ecclestone told The Times.

"Ferrari get so much more money than everyone else," Ecclestone said. "They know exactly what they get, they are not that stupid, although they are not that bright, either. They get about $80 million (about 54 million) more. When they win the constructors' championship, which they did this year, they got $80 million more than if McLaren had won it."

Ecclestone reveals that the reason for paying Ferrari the extra $80 million goes back to 2003 when F1 teams tried to form a breakaway championship. Ecclestone explained: "They were the only team that broke ranks with the other manufacturers - why did they break ranks? That's where the $80 million comes in. We 'bought' Ferrari. We 'bought' Ferrari's loyalty. Our deal with Ferrari was that we 'bought' them so they would not go to the others."
Old 01-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

my friend took this pic i think 3 days ago pretty cool. He also got massa's autograph