motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Braking Clamping the binders.

Go Back   motoring|underground > On the Lifts > Braking

Old 10-03-2006, 08:14 PM
Retired

I'm probably gonna order the HP+ this week from HopUp (raceshopper gave me a pretty high quote). should i just go with just the fronts or go all around? i'm pretty sure i'm getting new rotors all around...

Click the image to open in full size.
Oh no, my brotha... you gotta get your own.
Phaze One
Old 10-03-2006, 08:53 PM
μ

I'm just running the fronts and some crap pads in the rear....I haven't had any problems. The MINI still feels balenced and this is comming from another person who has removed their rear seat like you have Nardo.....What rotors are you getting????
Old 10-03-2006, 09:36 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to iDiaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardo
I'm probably gonna order the HP+ this week from HopUp (raceshopper gave me a pretty high quote). should i just go with just the fronts or go all around? i'm pretty sure i'm getting new rotors all around...
What kind'a question is this?! Don't make quote you! Go big, or...
Old 10-04-2006, 07:46 AM
Retired

hahah, i'm just tryin to save a penny. you know... broke phi broke and all

as for the rotors... prototypes.. they're drilled and slotted. i know, i know... crack crack. but i'm covered

Phaze One
Old 10-13-2006, 06:02 AM
Retired

*sigh* hop up is backordered 6-8 weeks. looks like I'll have to spend a lil extra with raceshopper (well... i have to wait for hop-up to credit my $$ back)

Phaze One
Old 12-16-2006, 06:39 PM
μ

Send a message via ICQ to KiLO Send a message via AIM to KiLO Send a message via MSN to KiLO Send a message via Yahoo to KiLO

This was already mentioned a bit, but are there any opinions on the Hawk HPS Street pads?

I am pretty much looking for just that... A street pad. I don't do any track really, and havent autocrossed at all. Even if I do, it will be very occasionally, in wich case I think a street pad would be fine.

Also, noise isn't an issue for me really, but I know my wife would probably have an issue with it. I'd like to stay away from the Green Stuff pads, but I don't mind them actually.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:23 AM
μ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLO View Post
This was already mentioned a bit, but are there any opinions on the Hawk HPS Street pads?

I am pretty much looking for just that... A street pad. I don't do any track really, and havent autocrossed at all. Even if I do, it will be very occasionally, in wich case I think a street pad would be fine.

Also, noise isn't an issue for me really, but I know my wife would probably have an issue with it. I'd like to stay away from the Green Stuff pads, but I don't mind them actually.
THe HPS pads will work great for you....they don't make nearly as much noise as the HP+ pads........the HPS have a better inital bite than the HP+........you got my aproval KiLO.....
Old 12-17-2006, 02:14 AM
μ

Send a message via ICQ to KiLO Send a message via AIM to KiLO Send a message via MSN to KiLO Send a message via Yahoo to KiLO

Aight, yeah, I think those are probably what I'll end up with. Thanks dude!
Old 12-17-2006, 02:27 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

I've been using the HPS pads for the last two years or so - autocrossing monthly and a dozen or so track days a year, and year round daily driving. They fit the bill... I can get them to fade on the track, but it takes a long session on a hard braking track.

The only problem I've been having with them is that if I don't get them hot every once in a while and re-bed them in, I wind up with pad deposits on the rotors from daily driving. The brake steering wheel will shudder under braking, and when it gets bad enough you can feel the brake pedal pulse and the brake force vary as you brake. Get the pads hot again (which isn't easy) and it goes away for a little while.

I'm going to try something else next time to see if I can get the same or better performance, and less pad deposit problems.