motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Cornering Optimizing your suspension system.

Go Back   motoring|underground > On the Lifts > Cornering

Old 04-03-2008, 04:34 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to RFIbanez

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonv View Post
Ray I might hit you up in the near future for some Megans
For sure, let me know when you're ready and I'll hook you up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Indigo View Post
I got to get in on some of that action.

Ray...hook a brotha up. I bought my suspension in Nov/Dec...and want to go lower for shows...right now, bottomed out, I still have some gap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate2006 View Post
Hey Ray

Thanks for researching this for us newer megan owners. I am givng megan a call tomorrow.
Give Megan a call at (626)581-0988 and ask for Cyrus, drop my name and say MPG referred you to contact them regarding the new springs. They'll help you guys out, their customer service is top notch.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:49 PM
H Rated - 130 mph

I know that I am a little late getting in on this tread, but....
For what it's worth, I bought a set of Megans used from a NAM member. I think they are the second version offered by them.

After a few spring choices, I settled on a 6" 440# front spring, as he did not include the 7" 8kg. Kept the 6kg in the rear.
Those are set to pretty much minimal pre-load. The front shock body, which seems really long given the piston travel, is screwed all the way into the sleeve.
With this setup, there are a few threads still left between the locking rings.

I can only get a finger width between the top of the tire and the wheel arch. That's about as low as I want to go, but it would seem that I could get the shorter shock body and go about 3/4" lower. Essentially eliminating the gap between the locking rings and the tire to wheel arch. The rears are almost tucking.

I would post pics, but I don't have any of that specific wheel area. Might have to do that for y'all.

I do have a question for the Megan owners. I have an MCS, sunroof, 6spd, no rear sets, and am having trouble getting the dampers adjusted correctly. I have gotten them to where the car is OK, but not great. Can y'all chime in and give your damper "clicks", so that I can get it tuned in before the Dragon coming up?

Many thanks!