motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Checkered Flag Track-related discussion, including both racing and high-performance driving events.

Go Back   motoring|underground > The Pits > Checkered Flag

Old 11-25-2014, 04:33 AM
μ

There was some good racing this year even if the cars sounded like shit . Hamilton came thru despite some unusual reliability issues which made him work a lot harder than expected. Take away the races he didn't finish , the take out move my Rosberg and the points race would have been no where near as close. Yes Rosberg had issues as well but not as numerous as Hamiton.

As for Vettle he proved our theory that if he isn't in the fastest car hes not the fastest driver . He wasn't even the number one guy on his own team. Now he is off to Ferrari and if he ever sees a podium again I will be shocked. Ferrari is in deep shit and Vettle is not the guy they need to develop cars . Once he could not avail himself of whatever black magic traction control set up Newey had going for him he was just a average driver if that.
Interesting to see that red bull got caught with their pants down for the last race with their flexi wing.

Nice work by Williams , great to see them hand Ferrari their ass in the Mfg championship. That was painful and costly for big red.

Where oh where is Alonzo going ?
Old 11-25-2014, 02:59 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via AIM to oreo Send a message via Yahoo to oreo

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmini View Post
As for Vettle he proved our theory that if he isn't in the fastest car hes not the fastest driver . He wasn't even the number one guy on his own team. Now he is off to Ferrari and if he ever sees a podium again I will be shocked.
It'll be interesting to see how he does against Kimi.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:31 PM
μ

Interesting year, and one that I feel leaves a lot of anticipation for the upcoming season! The Ferrari lineup brings a lot of experience and skill to the table, so if they can get the car in order next year they'll be a serious contender again. Williams and Force India seem like the teams to watch next year as underdogs, though Williams won't surprise many anymore after the year they had. RedBull should offer up some exciting challenges with their drivers. And after this year you obviously can't count Mercedes out as the next dominant team.

The saddest part for me is I moved and lost all the good races from my DVR that I had saved up for the off season!
Old 11-26-2014, 05:03 AM
μ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Interesting year, and one that I feel leaves a lot of anticipation for the upcoming season! The Ferrari lineup brings a lot of experience and skill to the table, so if they can get the car in order next year they'll be a serious contender again. Williams and Force India seem like the teams to watch next year as underdogs, though Williams won't surprise many anymore after the year they had. RedBull should offer up some exciting challenges with their drivers. And after this year you obviously can't count Mercedes out as the next dominant team.

The saddest part for me is I moved and lost all the good races from my DVR that I had saved up for the off season!
Bummer about losing the races , perhaps there is some decent youtube or

Ferrari had the best development driver in the field and they didn't do anything . Alonzo had long dreamed of being with Ferrari and for him to bail you know its going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Does anyone think Vettle is better than Alonzo when it comes to making a car go fast. They have management issues at the very top and even their street cars are having problems . Hell Ford might be dropping a bomb on them in 2016 as a little reminder of the job they did 50 years ago. They have a possible mid engine ford GT that is aimed directly at Ferrari world. It should be fun if it comes about.