motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Cornering Optimizing your suspension system.

Go Back   motoring|underground > On the Lifts > Cornering

Old 01-30-2007, 10:12 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Curvz View Post
well those are now on the list. Probably some adjustable ones from IE. Do most people need rear arms?

Only other concern I have now on springs is I have heard the H&R's dont play well with stock shocks, even before they are blown.
mine (H&R's) played great with stock shocks until they blew
Old 01-30-2007, 10:14 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Alright. Ill take your word for it. You havent turned me wrong yet.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:20 PM
μ

Quote:
Alright. Ill take your word for it. You havent turned me wrong yet.
I mean, they handle great....but maybe you meant they are harsh? Cause they definitely arent a soft ride like i imagine h-sports are (from what I've heard).
Old 01-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Yeah, I was told the ride was harsh. I also was told to upgrade the shocks asap, and that would prevent the harsh ride. As you know, I do not really want to spend the funds on that. I have track day and helmet cost instead.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via AIM to Mr.GB

Quote:
well those are now on the list. Probably some adjustable ones from IE. Do most people need rear arms?

Only other concern I have now on springs is I have heard the H&R's dont play well with stock shocks, even before they are blown.
I had the IE adjustable camber plates and removed them when my tower started to mushroom again. I even had the M7 strut plates. Went back to stock tower plates with the tower brace and plates. The IE camber plates seemed thinner than the stock ones. The Helix and Madness camber plates were double the thickness but i didnt have the $450 for them!

I have the Koni yellow adjustable shocks on ALTA performance springs. It drops the car considerably. Ride can be bone shaking depending what setting i have on the Konis. I am getting the new TXSpeedwerks springs to replace the ALTAs. Hopefully they will be on the car next week. I also have the Poweflex bushings on everything. This really lets you feel the car. 27mm front sway and 22mm rear locks the car down like its on rails!
Old 01-30-2007, 10:48 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to RFIbanez

I've driven Melissa's MCS with the H&R springs, it rode really nice with an increase in perfrormance.

On my previous Mini I had Tein S.tech springs with stock struts. They felt great for a few months then the shocks began to wear very fast making the ride very harsh.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Camber plates. Don't plan on then to stop mushrooming. Most are quite a bit firmer then factory plates and they transfer the rough road into the towers much more. Though they are solid, the Webbs I used shroomed my towers quite a bit.
So, don't buy camber plates to stop shrooming. Buy them for performance reasons only.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:15 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Had not heard that about still getting some schroom effect even with camber plates. I will keep a eye on mine, thanks for the tip.

Bob
Old 01-30-2007, 11:24 PM
μ

Quote:
Originally Posted by onasled View Post
Camber plates. Don't plan on then to stop mushrooming. Most are quite a bit firmer then factory plates and they transfer the rough road into the towers much more. Though they are solid, the Webbs I used shroomed my towers quite a bit.
So, don't buy camber plates to stop shrooming. Buy them for performance reasons only.
What are your opinions on those plates or strut braces in terms of stopping/preventing mushrooming?
Old 01-30-2007, 11:53 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

I wish I had my own computer back so I could post some pics.
I will be using Ireland race camber plates along with the M7 strut brace. Had to modify the top plates a bit so I could get max camber out of the camber plates. I am building this car in a professional race shop and the owner felt that I would most certainly benefit from the top plates of the strut brace.
So, answer is that I don't know absolutely as of yet, but we do truly feel that we are happy with the combo of both.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:19 AM
μ

Quote:
Originally Posted by onasled View Post
I wish I had my own computer back so I could post some pics.
I will be using Ireland race camber plates along with the M7 strut brace. Had to modify the top plates a bit so I could get max camber out of the camber plates. I am building this car in a professional race shop and the owner felt that I would most certainly benefit from the top plates of the strut brace.
So, answer is that I don't know absolutely as of yet, but we do truly feel that we are happy with the combo of both.
good to hear, thanks