motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Cornering Optimizing your suspension system.

Go Back   motoring|underground > On the Lifts > Cornering

Old 03-23-2007, 04:51 AM
N Rated - 87 mph

Default Coilover

Need some advice for picking coilover...current set up... Stock shocks w/M7 spring. I just want to drop the backend little more just for looks, the car will never track just daily driving. So far I can get Tein street w/EDFC or KW V2 for $1300.....Like to see what everybody think...
Old 03-23-2007, 05:53 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguigu View Post
Need some advice for picking coilover...current set up... Stock shocks w/M7 spring. I just want to drop the backend little more just for looks, the car will never track just daily driving. So far I can get Tein street w/EDFC or KW V2 for $1300.....Like to see what everybody think...
If you are just going for looks....i would actually reccomend a step down from those two

Tein Basic or the KW V1.....i would say KW, but I'm pretty german bias
Old 03-23-2007, 06:03 AM
µ Leadership

Ive got the teins and really like them, but Id say go kw. Not dissin my teins, i love em. But KW's are nice. Although the Edfc system is really cool being able to control the dampening rate from inside the car. The teins are very stiff and are bouncy. I traded a guy my old setup for this one becuase he said it was too bouncy for Cali
Old 03-23-2007, 06:45 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to RFIbanez

KW V1, Koni, H&R or Tein Basics
Old 03-23-2007, 05:16 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

I have decided I need to start riding with people who have coilovers. After seeing RallyMINI, I think I need to be true to the wheels and drop the MINI.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:45 PM
N Rated - 87 mph

Thanks guy...I will go with the KW
Old 03-23-2007, 10:14 PM
μ

What else would I need to go with a set of coils? Adjustable camber plates? Control arms? What else? Oh besides a boatload of money...
-G
Old 03-23-2007, 11:34 PM
μ

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplygriff View Post
What else would I need to go with a set of coils? Adjustable camber plates? Control arms? What else? Oh besides a boatload of money...
-G
Rear control arms definitely.....after only one summer, my tires were showing wear due to camber. Camber plates would be nice up front (even nicer if you find coilovers that come with them....that way you dont raise your car with camber plates) That's about all....if you want to track it a lot and thus corner weight it.....adjustable endlinks for your sway bar would be helpful
Old 03-24-2007, 01:49 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Coilovers are great when I put on my PSS9's it was a great improvement but it was the camber plates and control arms that really topped it off and made my car handle like a dream
Old 03-24-2007, 08:28 AM
µ Leadership

You may want to consider a set of these (cross post from that other site):
Quote:
Feeler: KW Competition 2-way coilovers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is anyone interested in these? I have (2) sets available for sale. These are top of the line coilovers built for those who want to have the best of the best. The range of adjustability is huge. I just had them freshly rebuilt, so, they are ready for the new season if anyone is interested. I had a change in plans, otherwise, I would definitely be keeping them. They seem to lower the car quite a bit initially, so, running a tall 17" tire might be an issue, so, you'd probably want to run shorter tires, such as 225/45/15's, or, if you want to run taller 17's, you could always put in a slightly longer shaft.

These coilovers were previously owned by Nuzzo Motorsports, I bought them with the intentions to use them on my SCCA STX car, but, by the time I got them back from a fresh rebuild, I had a change in plans.

Anyway, price would be $1500 per set. This would include, adjustable bottom spring perches, one pair of tender springs, (2) FRONT double adjustable coilovers and (2) rear Double adjustable coilovers.

Anyone interested at $1500 per set or $2500 for (2) sets and I will throw in (4) extra rear coilovers, one extra front and some valving material for $3000. Anyone? http://www.northamericanmotoring.com...ad.php?t=95867
Old 03-24-2007, 04:46 PM
μ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally View Post
Rear control arms definitely.....after only one summer, my tires were showing wear due to camber. Camber plates would be nice up front (even nicer if you find coilovers that come with them....that way you dont raise your car with camber plates) That's about all....if you want to track it a lot and thus corner weight it.....adjustable endlinks for your sway bar would be helpful
Know of any brands that have them built in? Do you have to cut into the interior in the back to access those?
-G
Old 03-24-2007, 05:15 PM
μ

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplygriff View Post
Know of any brands that have them built in? Do you have to cut into the interior in the back to access those?
-G
well in the rear, camber is adjusted with the control arms.....so no need to cut it up. I know that megans and ksports come with the camber plates up front......do the m7's? yes right? I know there are a few others....they tend to be what others call "cheap"....but I'm not going to SCCA finals anytime soon, so who cares (and i save lots of $$$)
Old 03-25-2007, 08:56 PM
N Rated - 87 mph

Most coilovers I had check all say max drop is 2 inches, anyone had drop more than that on their rides?
Old 03-25-2007, 11:26 PM
μ

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguigu View Post
Most coilovers I had check all say max drop is 2 inches, anyone had drop more than that on their rides?
hmmmm i dont know...never checked mine....

I feel like bone's ksports drop more than that....but he had sent them back to the company for some changes to allow more of a drop i believe
Old 03-26-2007, 02:52 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to justintime Send a message via Yahoo to justintime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally View Post
hmmmm i dont know...never checked mine....

I feel like bone's ksports drop more than that....but he had sent them back to the company for some changes to allow more of a drop i believe

I was gonna say, his is looooooooow for a two inch drop

omgzz